Home

What difficulty are you playing on?

This is a discussion on What difficulty are you playing on? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2021, 03:14 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: What difficulty are you playing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
The few deep balls I hit have looked beautiful. I do feel like the game has greatly improved in that respect. I feel like speed and movement on All Madden is perfect. I just think it’s really hard to play defense against the pass without the assistance of some of those interactions. I’ve also seen some glitchy looking interceptions by the CPU because of 2 man animations not even triggering. I do think the CPU on All Madden this year is a bit more of a challenge than last year. Maybe my passing skills are just weak! I’m usually a run first guy. If you have any tips for reading coverages or passing, let me know. Maybe I need to check down a lot more

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Its always a learning process because we are used to how the game played last year. I play on broadcast cam, so you probably don't want any of my advice lol. The one thing I can tell you is I always read the safeties first, USUALLY depending on what they do that will tell you the coverage they are in. Its really hard to describe on here it would be much easier to be able to show you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #26
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Its always a learning process because we are used to how the game played last year. I play on broadcast cam, so you probably don't want any of my advice lol. The one thing I can tell you is I always read the safeties first, USUALLY depending on what they do that will tell you the coverage they are in. Its really hard to describe on here it would be much easier to be able to show you.

Single safety high, let it fly

--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 08-21-2021, 10:40 AM   #27
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Currently All-Pro with default settings while I feel the game out.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #28
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

All Madden. With a few slider adjustments I really like playing that mode on the next gen console. Just need to fix the coverages a bit
Old 08-21-2021, 11:41 AM   #29
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
I've gone up to All-Madden and really enjoying it. As others have said there are significantly less 'cheating' plays by the AI. I've had one big loss, one close loss and one decent win

I switched to All Madden as well and I'm enjoying it more. I was 13-0 with the Eagles on All Pro and it was starting to feel cheap. 1-1 since switching. Got blown out by Washington and beat NYG in a tough game. AI Coverage is much better. Guys are more aware of offensive players around them. Running is still a bit too easy and AI offense is generally rough outside of some splash plays so I might need to adjust some more.
Old 08-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I’ve gotten to a point where I want to play as opposed to coach. I like doing player CFM or Full CFM but only controlling the QB. I like Offense Only. Pro seems like I have too much success. On All-Pro, I feel anxious as soon as the ball is snapped and usually throw at least 3 picks/game. This is where the fun stops and I go back to coach mode!

Guess I need to figure out what the pre-snap coverage “tells” are like in NCAA06. LOL

Old 08-21-2021, 01:46 PM   #31
MVP

What difficulty are you playing on?

I’ve tried out All-Madden. The game feels decent.... for about 3 quarters.

I feel like I’m being Midwayed in NFL Blitz all over again. It’s like comeback code every game. Just now, I had a 10 point lead with two minutes left. The CPU started breaking a tackle every play. My AI defenders just started being idiots. CPU scores a TD on a play where it literally just wouldn’t let me tackle the ball carrier even tho I was right beside him. I get the ball back and need a first down to seal it. I break off a 10 yard run. As soon as I cross the first down marker, a hold is called. It’s the only holding penalty I’ve had in M22 so far. I decide to go for it on 4th. Have an easy, wide open drag route, it’s dropped. The only pass i had dropped all game. CPU mosses me on a deep ball to set up a field goal. I throw a deep ball to a receiver with a step and the DB mosses my receiver for the INT.

I had stuff like this happen last year also. Every game ends up being close because complete nonsense just ends up happening. I hit Deshaun Watson 9 times one game. He never fumbled. I used Patrick Mahomes and got hit I think 5 times. He fumbled twice.

They could tweak this and balance it so easily but they won’t. I may have to try out All-Pro, but that’s almost always too easy. It’s insanely frustrating. It doesn’t seem like player ratings matter much on AM either. Last year, I maxed out my player ratings to 99 and still struggled in pass coverage and on the line. The CPU reacts to runs and a pass in the air pretty realistically but the user AI reaction is SO slow. It’s just a very wonky mess IMO.

Last edited by xCoachDx; 08-21-2021 at 01:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2021, 06:04 PM   #32

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I switched to All Madden as well and I'm enjoying it more. I was 13-0 with the Eagles on All Pro and it was starting to feel cheap. 1-1 since switching. Got blown out by Washington and beat NYG in a tough game. AI Coverage is much better. Guys are more aware of offensive players around them. Running is still a bit too easy and AI offense is generally rough outside of some splash plays so I might need to adjust some more.
It should have felt cheap after you started 1-0 with them, I kid I kid.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »