Home

Progressive Fatigue AI Logic

This is a discussion on Progressive Fatigue AI Logic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #81
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Progressive Fatigue AI Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Good morning all,

Has anyone confirmed if turning progressive fatigue off later in the season will reset fatigue? If so, thats the gold right there. I'm only in week 3, but I'll check levels for random teams as I go, and if it starts looking crazy I'm going to turn it off, play for another week or so, then turn back on and see what happens.

Also, a bit off topic, I've seen remedies for WRs not going up for passes by setting WRs to aggressive catch? Where am I going to set this, can't seem to find it?
WR catching is in the coaching adjustments, in the playcalling screen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2021, 01:55 PM   #82
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Good morning all,

Has anyone confirmed if turning progressive fatigue off later in the season will reset fatigue? If so, thats the gold right there. I'm only in week 3, but I'll check levels for random teams as I go, and if it starts looking crazy I'm going to turn it off, play for another week or so, then turn back on and see what happens.

Also, a bit off topic, I've seen remedies for WRs not going up for passes by setting WRs to aggressive catch? Where am I going to set this, can't seem to find it?

I can confirm that it does not reset the fatigue.

Negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #83
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Thanks for that update. Saves me the trouble testing a cloud chise to confirm some sort of server side fix.

Let’s hope a viable cpu logic fix comes down the pike for those who want a functional solo franchise and using the new practice/progressive fatigue feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Man, such a great idea, but executed so badly. Just tune it down, and make it so the effect shows up late in games rather than early.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:38 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Do we know if the in-game fatigue system (as controlled by the fatigue slider) and the progressive fatigue system are linked, or if they're separate?
Old 09-06-2021, 01:29 AM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
Do we know if the in-game fatigue system (as controlled by the fatigue slider) and the progressive fatigue system are linked, or if they're separate?
Yes, they are linked in some capacity. I believe that the max stamina they can have in game is what they enter at but that has not been confirmed. Turning down the fatigue slider definitely keeps players that go in fatigued from disappearing for the player and cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #86
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

Progressive Fatigue is the biggest issue, in my opinion , for single player (or just a few users) franchises. I have been testing different options of how to still use the feature - but not let it kill the CPU come playoff time, due to missing star players. What I have decided to do is…

Progressive Fatigue ON:
Pre-season through Week 14

Progressive Fatigue OFF:
Week 15 through Super Bowl

I have found that this still makes a User consider XP gains vs fatigue hit. Once you turn Progressive Fatigue off, the players do not gain (or reset) but their fatigue level appears to stay static. So if they are slightly fatigued when you switch to off, they stay there. If they are fatigued, they stay there.

This should help with star players going completely missing in the 1st quarter, but they will still get fatigued later in the game. I hope that helps some of you that have been as annoyed as I have with this issue. In the event that EA doesn’t fix the issue this year, I have a plan that will work, for me, to enjoy the new feature!

Last edited by Tbjohnson2; 09-07-2021 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:28 PM   #87
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbjohnson2
Progressive Fatigue is the biggest issue, in my opinion , for single player (or just a few users) franchises. I have been testing different options of how to still use the feature - but not let it kill the CPU come playoff time, due to missing star players. What I have decided to do is…

Progressive Fatigue ON:
Pre-season through Week 15

Progressive Fatigue OFF:
Week 16 through Super Bowl

I have found that this still makes a User consider XP gains vs fatigue hit. Once you turn Progressive Fatigue off, the players do not gain (or reset) but their fatigue level appears to stay static. So if they are slightly fatigued when you switch to off, they stay there. If they are fatigued, they stay there.

This should help with star players going completely missing in the 1st quarter, but they will still get fatigued later in the game. I hope that helps some of you that have been as annoyed as I have with this issue. In the event that EA doesn’t fix the issue this year, I have a plan that will work, for me, to enjoy the new feature!

Are you basing this off having fatigue and auto subs set at default (50 fatigue and 60 / 80 subs)?

When you turn it off and then advance to the next season does progressive fatigue "reset" to it's original state for the new season?

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2021, 07:48 PM   #88
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Are you basing this off having fatigue and auto subs set at default (50 fatigue and 60 / 80 subs)?

When you turn it off and then advance to the next season does progressive fatigue "reset" to it's original state for the new season?

Thanks!

I actually mistyped the weeks in my original post - I have edited that. Turn it off in Week 15! On through Week 14…

Yes to 50 Fatigue and 60/80 Auto Subs.
And yes to it resetting the next season..then just follow the same rules. Off once you hit Week 15…

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »