Home

Scouting update delayed: Are people starting their long term franchises now?

This is a discussion on Scouting update delayed: Are people starting their long term franchises now? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2021, 10:10 AM   #41
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting update delayed: Are people starting their long term franchises now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
The injury rating only matters if injured players don't receive full xp from gameplanning. They miss out on playing time but can still progress at a steady pace.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I know, I found that bug and shared it on twitch/twitter with Swami and Deuce (and posted elsewhere to EA). It'll affect eligibility for dev progression and regression if injured at least.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2021, 10:33 AM   #42
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Scouting update delayed: Are people starting their long term franchises now?

I bought the game a week or two after release. I haven't done anything but look at the rosters twice. I haven't even started a CFM because the game is still buggy and the new scouting mode isn't ready. Having to start over to get the full experience is why I won't play now. I have enough other interests to keep me busy until CFM is ready.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #43
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

One other question that I don't know was answered - when the Scouting Update drops, can we start a new Franchise from the current Week in the real NFL Season, or will that screw things up because we've "lost out" on scouting players for the first 5 or so weeks (since we have to assign scouts and the like)?

Hopefully we can start at the current Week, and just make the necessary assignments to our scouts, but not sure.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:15 AM   #44
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
One other question that I don't know was answered - when the Scouting Update drops, can we start a new Franchise from the current Week in the real NFL Season, or will that screw things up because we've "lost out" on scouting players for the first 5 or so weeks (since we have to assign scouts and the like)?

Hopefully we can start at the current Week, and just make the necessary assignments to our scouts, but not sure.
Good question. I would hope so. But even if it’s autoset up, I’d be okay. What I won’t be okay with is having to choose between the scouting update and starting at a particular week.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:24 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan076
PRECISELY WHY I will NOT buy this game before the patch drop after the scouting update. Those who think this WON'T be broken are delusional or blinded by fanboy-ism
Not necessarily. It may well be the delay has occurred to allow for additional testing to try to prevent another bug-riddled PR disaster. They have some incentive to at least try to nip those in the bud before release.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2021, 12:27 PM   #46
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Wow it's October 1st and the scouting update hasn't come out?! EA what are you doing you said it would be out it October wooooooow. Toxic EA unbelievable.

This is sarcasm. Clearly. sorry I just felt like poking the bear a little cause it's funny to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 10-01-2021, 03:48 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
Wow it's October 1st and the scouting update hasn't come out?! EA what are you doing you said it would be out it October wooooooow. Toxic EA unbelievable.

This is sarcasm. Clearly. sorry I just felt like poking the bear a little cause it's funny to me.

Not so clearly. People make these kinds of comments, mysteriously oblivious at announcements which change the ETA.

Old 10-01-2021, 03:51 PM   #48
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Not so clearly. People make these kinds of comments, mysteriously oblivious at announcements which change the ETA.
That's why I said it was sarcasm though so that way it's clear y'all know me well enough I think to know where I stand on this whole thing.

But you are right that people do make these kinds of comments far too often especially when announcements are made. I'm sorry this came across the wrong way. Was hoping it would be clear given my previous posts about this and other topics as well as me stating it's sarcasm in my original post.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »