Home

Madden NFL 22 Patch Available Today Features Updates For Gameplay, Playbooks, Franchise Mode & More - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Patch Available Today Features Updates For Gameplay, Playbooks, Franchise Mode & More - Patch Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #81
Rookie

Cash Stevens's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 22 Patch Available Today - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
The 120 plays per game benchmark (it's actually 127 nowadays) should never include special teams plays.

The 127 average is an aggregation of all the runs, pass attempts and sacks. Field goals, returns and punts are not counted. Neither are plays with accepted penalties unless the penalty was added onto the yardage after the play e.g. a facemask or unnecessary roughness call.

Anyway having run a test sim post patch, I've crunched all the numbers into my calculator and compared to 2021 real life season via Pro Football Reference.

There are still significant problems with the stats sim engine, although the passing stats have been significantly improved. The special teams stats are still a joke.

These are all per single team stats using mean average

Number of passes per game - 32.3 vs 35.3 in real life
Number of sacks per game - 1.8 vs 2.2. in real life.
Number of ints per game - 0.71 vs 0.8 in real life
Number of yards per game - 240 vs 244 in real life.
Number of TD's per game - 1.8 vs 1.7 in real life

So passing is actually pretty good, sacks and pass plays per game are the most wrong.

Number of rushes per game - 27.6 vs 26.1 in real life
Number of rush yards per game- 108 vs 111 in real life
Rush average per carry - 3.9 vs 4.3 in real life
Rush TDs per game - 1.3 vs 0.9 in real life

So rushing is quite badly out, especially if you look at the YPC of the backup RB's. And way too many rush TD's that do not reflect how the modern NFL works. I think that is happening because the CPU playbooks are calling too many runs in the red zone.

Special Teams stats are awful.

Field Goal Attempts per game - 1.04 vs 1.8 in real life
Field Goals Made per game - 0.8 vs 1.5 in real life

Field goal kickers have been screwed completely.

Punts per game - 2.9 vs 3.7 in real life
Punt average - 53.9 vs 46.2 in real life

Punters don't punt so often but boy can they punt well in Madden Sim

Kickoffs per game - 2.9 vs 1.9 in real life
Kick return average - 23.9 vs 22.2 in real life
Kick TD's per season 4 total across NFL vs 3 in real life (50% of season completed mind)

Punt returns per game - 1.2 vs 1.6 in real life
Punt return average - 8.1 vs 8.6 in real life
Punt TD's per season - 1 vs 0 in real life (50% of season completed)

Finally the worst of all is fumbles lost per game
0.1 vs 0.5 in real life.

So sim stat fumbles occur in Madden at 20% of real life. That's really poor.

Now it's worth pointing out that these stats have been off for a number of years.

Its also worth pointing out on the off chance that an EA employee should see this post, that most of these stats are easily fixable within the game engine. The PC mods for Madden 20 allowed supersim values to be adjusted to get most of these stats corrected. Sabo did all that with his mod. So just imagine what EA could do if they could be bothered.
damn bruh them averages are pretty close... Still not happy tho huh lmaoo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2021, 07:28 PM   #82
Rookie

Cash Stevens's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
That's interesting A&S.. I just noticed last year in my CFM I went on this huge winning streak and passing became really easy and I started seeing the CPU defensive players doing that fatigued animation before the ball is snapped.

Maybe they tweaked it in this last update? Since I've had it off, I'm pretty close to .500 again in my CFM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It is NOT fixed. The CPU teams still have fatigued players towards around Week 12 and beyond. You start beating the CPU with ease once this starts to set in and it gets worse the later you get, i.e. playoffs.

I *highly* recommend anyone that plays franchise mode to turn this OFF but keep training injuries ON.
ahhh shiiid this is why my Eagles peeled off 11 straight wins after starting 1-5 smhh thought it got easier because the latter half of the Eagles schedule included Washington twice, giants twice and some games against some bum *** teams like Detroit etc
Old 11-05-2021, 09:01 PM   #83
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I don’t remember it ever happening with any Madden prior to the last update with the scouting, but yeah…not a big fan of this either.
with my slow net and these big patches it takes 4-5 days to download for me
Old 11-05-2021, 09:04 PM   #84
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Ok, this may seem like a stupid question, but i'm lost here. What do you mean we have to re-download the whole game? Do I need to uninstall my game and re-download/install it for the updates to work right? Or do you mean when Madden has updated it was the entire game downloading again? I'm assuming that is what you mean. I have auto-updates turned on, so I usually never see my games updating, just get the notification they have been updated the next time I turn my PS4 on, but I was on my PS4 when we got the Scouting update and saw it downloading a file the size of the whole dang game and wondered what was up with that, never saw a patch/update that dang big.
madden 22 is like 50 gb and having to download a 41 gb patch is basic the whole game again

in the past it was like a 4 gb patch
Old 11-05-2021, 09:35 PM   #85
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 22 Patch Available Today Features Updates For Gameplay, Playbooks, Fra

I'm disappointed. The Giants Jets preseason game bug where it gets stuck at the loading screen back to the hub is not fixed. There's some weird animations now too like with screen plays. I haven't played in awhile and I just beat the Giants 30-0 without even really focusing on All Pro which has always been my level. AI can't throw a screen pass to save their lives and overall the AI is dumb as bricks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2021, 10:27 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 22 Patch Available Today Features Updates For Gameplay, Playbooks, Fra

I'm a fan of this new patch.

The coverage is better but also fairer for the HUM on AM, in that tight-window throws seem to be back on the table.

Play calling is better, and that makes a massive difference.

The AI pass rushers using more moves and creating a more dynamic pocket is a plus.

The AI defenders on both sides actually pursue scrambling QBs now, which creates balance.

The AI defenders for the CPU handle my scrambling QB plays and option keepers in a much more balanced way, which helps competitiveness.

The only thing I don't love is that I am getting more crashes now, after the last patch seemed to clean them up a bit.

But globally, they put in some work and the game is the better for it. I'm pleased.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:43 PM   #87
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes I agree, the latest patch has some great game play improvements. I'm still engrossed in my Lions CFM using the old scouting. Playing default AM with CPU INT's on 15 and really enjoying it overall.

NHL 22 has been fun too, so I'm not getting as many Madden games in as I would like but still about a game a day or every other day.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 11-06-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:52 AM   #88
Rookie

Gruden is still the coach for Vegas in my online franchise. How is this possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »