Home

Madden Gameplay via Under The Hood Variables

This is a discussion on Madden Gameplay via Under The Hood Variables within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2022, 06:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Gameplay via Under The Hood Variables

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-22-2022, 06:56 PM   #10
Rookie

So with these edits(I'm considering making them for all the teams since I have some free time) on M21, I also shouldn't touch the sliders at all since that will throw off other aspects of the game right?
Old 04-22-2022, 07:04 PM   #11
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

I was about to ask the same question above. I'm considering taking the time to edit a roster on M22 after the draft with these changes. Would it be best to go with all default sliders or will slider changes not have much of an impact?

Buffalo Bills, Toronto Blue Jays, Ottawa Senators, Milwaukee Bucks

Currently listening to: Veil of Maya

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2022, 07:22 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlegacy
So with these edits(I'm considering making them for all the teams since I have some free time) on M21, I also shouldn't touch the sliders at all since that will throw off other aspects of the game right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfytheOwl
I was about to ask the same question above. I'm considering taking the time to edit a roster on M22 after the draft with these changes. Would it be best to go with all default sliders or will slider changes not have much of an impact?

Buffalo Bills, Toronto Blue Jays, Ottawa Senators, Milwaukee Bucks

Currently listening to: Veil of Maya
I say use all the tools available to accomplish gameplay you’re trying to obtain in Madden.

With this though, I wouldn’t try to do both at the same time because it makes it more work, if not impossible to nail down why something, whether you like it or not, is playing out during gameplay.

TBH, esp on M21, these variables produce very tangible results so Slider editing will not be needed dealing with many gameplay aspects.

It would be nice if a single Slider edit accomplished some of this stuff so 100’s of players don’t have to be edited.

For M22, keep in mind that outcomes will not trigger the same as in M21, so you will have to lab

If multiple folk are on the same consoles/games, one can do the front end roster, while other(s) do Draft classes to speed up the process.

I also keep in mind that I won’t be playing multiple games a day due to time, so after the front end edits, 2-3 Draft classes with playing every game (not Simming) should hold me over until M23 starts to role out.

So not such a big editing project after the initial front end roster edits

Last edited by khaliib; 04-22-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:05 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Khaliib, what's the process for being able to play the game out of the box with no updates but with edited rosters? I believe I thought I saw that you could do that? I just got my hands on a physical copy.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:10 PM   #14
MVP

I think there may be something we're seeing differently. Possibly something in the editing process that you are aware of that I'm not currently aware of (please enlighten me if there is).

The way you're laying this out makes it seem like there's a streamlined process to edit players. Am I missing something?

There is absolutely NO way that a person could sit and edit every individual player....on every individual team....with the User Interface we currently have available without going insane lol.

Not to mention the free agents and draft classes. You're talking thousands of individual players man! NO way that can be completed in a reasonable amount of time (for a person thats going to work, coming home to a family, etc).

Thats the reason I continue to mention PC editor. If there was one created before, it can be created again. Hell, I'll make an attempt to do it if we can identify the gents who created the previous editor and get the blueprint. PC editor is the ONLY feasible way to edit thousands of players.

Update: Found the EA editor thread. https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2050589138

Just revived the thread in order to see if Xan is still active here. If anyone knows him, please reach out (I'll see if I can message him as well). Seems that he was the mastermind/guru of what we're looking to do.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 04-26-2022 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Found the guy responsible for the EA editor.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:54 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I think there may be something we're seeing differently. Possibly something in the editing process that you are aware of that I'm not currently aware of (please enlighten me if there is).

The way you're laying this out makes it seem like there's a streamlined process to edit players. Am I missing something?

There is absolutely NO way that a person could sit and edit every individual player....on every individual team....with the User Interface we currently have available without going insane lol.

Not to mention the free agents and draft classes. You're talking thousands of individual players man! NO way that can be completed in a reasonable amount of time (for a person thats going to work, coming home to a family, etc).

Thats the reason I continue to mention PC editor. If there was one created before, it can be created again. Hell, I'll make an attempt to do it if we can identify the gents who created the previous editor and get the blueprint. PC editor is the ONLY feasible way to edit thousands of players.

Update: Found the EA editor thread. https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2050589138

Just revived the thread in order to see if Xan is still active here. If anyone knows him, please reach out (I'll see if I can message him as well). Seems that he was the mastermind/guru of what we're looking to do.
There is no PC Editor for NG consoles, period.

As with most editing mechanisms, most want the perks with investing the least amount of effort.

Thus, editing in any capacity is not for a lot of gamers because you’re going to have to roll up your own sleeves and put effort/work into obtainable the whole reason you’re thinking about editing in the first place.

There are a lot of Roster/Slider creators that have invested days/weeks etc into what you see available for downloads.

It’s your gameplay experience, so if you see it as too much work, don’t know how to advise you other than this thread is not for you, because no one is going to do the work for you.

WR/DT/CB are the only positions that need up to (4) depth positions edited, the rest is just (2) depth positions, remaining players on teams just fill out team roster & rarely if ever play at all, so no need to do them if you need to cut down the work.

Lastly, this is also info to help understand why certain things are happening during gameplay according to EA’s under-the-hood settings.

You use what’s useful to you, the rest you bypass and move forward.

Thx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2022, 09:43 PM   #16
Banned

It took me 3 months to edit all the teams in my AlltimeCA file. Just brutal.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »