Home

Franchise Immersion Wishlist

This is a discussion on Franchise Immersion Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2022, 02:39 PM   #65
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Franchise Immersion Wishlist

'2nd Chance Feature'

Would like to receive special alerts from my personnel/scouting department when teams around the league eventually cut players on whom I spent considerable scouting resources during the pre-draft process.

I'd also want those alerts when those players become unrestricted free agents or are put on the trading block.

IRL, GM's often go after players in free agency or on the waiver wire who they heavily targeted as draft prospects and became enamored with but were unable to select or sign as undrafted free agents.

This feature would mimic that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2022, 02:47 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I'd like the ability to structure contracts similar to what NFL2k5's franchise mode offered.

NFL2k5 gave you the ability to put frontloaded, backloaded, balanced, etc contracts on the table along with a salary CAP forecast that showed how the contract would impact the team's CAP over the duration of the offer.

In addition to that, being able to add incentives, roster/workout bonuses, no-trade clauses, etc would also be great.

This could be a more in-depth optional feature for the hardcore franchise enthusiasts and couch CAPologists while the more casual player could enjoy the current level of contract negotiation seen in M23 so far.

Madden used to have this. 2010 or 2011, I think.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:40 PM   #67
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Coach tendencies. The only way coaches have an impact on a team is through their playbook and schemes. There used to be ratings for motivation, run/pass ratio, and aggressiveness.

I'll beat this dead horse forever but CPU needs to have access to the scenario engine. That's the biggest immersion issue. You have so many more opportunities to upgrade your players, earn talent points, and get GameDay boosts.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2022, 06:15 PM   #68
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Madden used to have this. 2010 or 2011, I think.
Neither one allowed you to select from different contract structures (frontloaded, backloaded, middle, balanced, etc). I believe Madden 23 is the first to feature anything remotely close with team-friendly/player-friendly contract options..
Old 08-31-2022, 07:02 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 0
Franchise Immersion Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Coach tendencies. The only way coaches have an impact on a team is through their playbook and schemes. There used to be ratings for motivation, run/pass ratio, and aggressiveness.

I'll beat this dead horse forever but CPU needs to have access to the scenario engine. That's the biggest immersion issue. You have so many more opportunities to upgrade your players, earn talent points, and get GameDay boosts.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Not only that, since the CPU doesn’t get scenarios young players around the league don’t progress enough to start taking over for vets. Those player then get lower contracts later which effects cap management.

I agree with your post 110%. I think coaches should have a card with traits just like players do.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Momoney168; 08-31-2022 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:28 PM   #70
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Neither one allowed you to select from different contract structures (frontloaded, backloaded, middle, balanced, etc). I believe Madden 23 is the first to feature anything remotely close with team-friendly/player-friendly contract options..
This is a screenshot from Franchise in Madden 12, so another thing they removed and later put back. I just wish they let us edit the cap hits as well to mimic the ability to restructure a player's contract.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 08-31-2022 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:14 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I only have two things on my wishlist and they've been there for the past 10 years or so.

1. Authentic coaching staffs
2. Improved deep AI that allows different teams to play differently and more lifelike

Those two items could open the floodgates for additional features.

For example in a hypothetical franchise where the Ravens let Lamar enter FA, a team could sign him and bring in a coaching staff to tailor the offense to him and completely change the team's identity. As it is right now if Rodgers were to retire and Lamar ends up on the Packers, the Packers would keep the same offensive system and not play any differently. That should not be acceptable.

These two things are the biggest factors in franchise immersion imo. Lifelike coaches and the AI to implement them. Everything else could flow from that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2022, 08:34 PM   #72
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
This is a screenshot from Franchise in Madden 12, so another thing they removed and later put back. I just wish they let us edit the cap hits as well to mimic the ability to restructure a player's contract.

That brings back bad memories lol! That screenshot is from after M12's EBAY style free agency period which I personally wasn't a fan of at all. Those options simply structured a pre-defined contract demand that won the bid.

However, when actually re-signing players and having more custom control over the details of the offer, it was the same ole salary/bonus/ length/submit options.

This is what I'm referring to in regards to Madden 23 truly offering the closest thing to NFL 2k5 in terms of options when actually putting an offer together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »