Home

Day 1 Purchase or No?

This is a discussion on Day 1 Purchase or No? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Day 1 Purchase or No?

Four days left until the Beta is shut down. For those who have played, will you be purchasing day 1? Will you need to play the 10 hour trial before you decide? Or will you pass on the game altogether?

Me personally, I've see enough to the point that they would have to completely ruin the game between now and August in order for me not to get it. I'm going to pre-order and the only way I cancel is if the game is 180 from how it plays now when the 10 hour trial drops. They have work to do to tweak a few things and some QA to make sure things work properly; but this is the best feeling Madden I've played in many a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #2
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Day 1 Purchase or No?

Day 1? Give it to me 3 days early lol

Going to be a long month n a half wait.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 06-23-2022, 10:41 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
Day 1? Give it to me 3 days early lol

Going to be a long month n a half wait.
Who you telling lol! I was just sitting here thinking about what I'll be playing after Sunday night. I've thoroughly enjoyed this Beta.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:49 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I enjoyed the Beta but I will be passing all together. I'm not an avid Madden gamer nor NFL fan these days, so while the gameplay was fun and the franchise mode was pretty good, I just don't see myself buying the game and really diving into it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-23-2022, 11:21 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

I’m not going to purchase Day 1 until I see that the CFM bugs are cleaned up. Specifically the offline 25 yard bug and I want to make sure all new features are working as they should. But if it drops and is ready to go I’ll get it week 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2022, 12:17 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll wait for the 10 hour EA Access trial and see if anything changes; but 99.9% chance I pass this year entirely (which will be the first time ever).

Edit: I touched on the "why" in the beta impressions thread yesterday - no need to re-hash here.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 06-23-2022 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:38 PM   #7
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

I’ll play the 10 hr trial, but I’m not planning to buy. I just don’t like where this game is going with presentation and sim/arcade. And the franchise mode upgrades aren’t enough for me. I’m happy with the graphics and gameplay. After a couple of hours playing the beta I immediately got bored because there’s just nothing interesting while looking at the game.

The presentation package just doesn’t know if it wants to replicate NFL Sundays, or arcade players who just want to get through games. Same cutscenes over and over. Just not getting the immersion I want like I did with madden 12 etc. Might just be me, idk.

Franchise mode felt the same to me, and it’s annoying that you have to “dig” for what’s new. Aside from the much needed free agency overhaul, there’s nothing much else besides that. I want recaps around the league after my game, I want a comprehensive view of breaking news and coaching carousels. And like others have said, there’s no risk into doing anything. All of it is just “do this task, do this task, do this task”. Maybe I’m asking for too much at this point, but those are the pain points I have with the game and idk if they’ll ever address them. Until they do, it’s a “maybe on sale” for me

Edit: as you can tell, I’m not a gameplay buff. I think it plays fine and I enjoyed the gameplay in the beta. But what I got bored was how fast paced plays go, feel likes there no time to breath and recollect after the play. Maybe it’s the “walking to the line scrimmage” that still trips me up haha

Edit 2: to give a comparison, I’ve been playing mlb the show nonstop this year. I feel immersed in the league I’m in. Whether it’s the ticker information every game, or the will to better my players. I’m just having a blast with it. All of that even though the graphics and player models need a huge overhaul. Not getting the same feeling with madden in this beta. Maybe that’ll change in my 10 hr trial
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers

Last edited by Sparkles; 06-23-2022 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0

No lie. I'm going to read every complaint thread on here and the EA forums when the game comes out and just wait until any offline franchise glitches are confirmed to be fixed. It's the new, trusted routine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »