Home

Top 3 Madden aspects that are overrated for Madden 23 beta.

This is a discussion on Top 3 Madden aspects that are overrated for Madden 23 beta. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 08:26 AM   #1
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Top 3 Madden aspects that are overrated for Madden 23 beta.

3 Overrated Aspects of Madden 23 beta

1. New passing - I feeling like they are just brought back cone passing from older Maddens. Also it feels very gimmicky to me.

2. In air collisions - Nfl 2k5 had this 20 years ago. Shouldn't be a big deal in 2022.

3.Player tags - Feel like this is the same thing as player weapons from an old madden, also as many people pointed out it doesn't work.

Last edited by timisone; 06-30-2022 at 08:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2022, 08:58 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Top 3 Madden aspects that are overrated for Madden 23 beta.

The new passing mechanic is nothing like the cone passing system. It's also far from being a gimmick, imo. I made all types of throws in the beta that have never been possible in an EA football game before.

True fades, back shoulder throws, etc. Honestly, the system was implemented much better than I ever expected and I would say it is potentially revolutionary for the series.

The player tags are also nothing like the old weapon system we had before. The abilities are more like that. The player tags don't impact anything on the field like the weapons did. In the test sims I did, the player tags were working as advertised and draft logic was much improved, and free agency logic seemed more improved as well.

Now, the player motivations, I'd definitely agree those were not near as important as I feel they should be. It was too easy to sign players that you didn't satisfy any motivations and you didn't need to break the bank to do it. I personally think some guys should be truly impossible to re-sign or sign in general if you don't offer what they're looking for. That wasn't the case in the beta at all. You could literally get anyone you wanted even if it said they had zero interest in your organization.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-30-2022, 11:25 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm wondering if you played the beta based on this post. Not trying to be rude. Those just seem like big generalizations and they're not connected with the beta at all. Not liking the beta or the new features is one thing, but these takes are pretty far from reality. The new passing system is nothing like the passing cone... this is about leading and accuracy, not focusing on one spot of the field at a time. The player tags are nothing like the weapon thing and serve a completely different purpose.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:44 AM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I understand people not liking Madden; and to each his/her own. I also understand that the Beta wasn't perfect; that there are things that need to be worked on, things that are currently broke and need fixing before launch. I totally understand that people have their own opinions and experiences with the game and I totally welcome that. but, with all that being said...

This feels like some of the stuff you come across where by video on Youtube or on other football forums where people just completely hate on Madden. Like, nothing that EA would do with regards to Madden would be satisfactory. It's really a lose lose in the sense of if they put something in the game then it's either "a gimmick" or "it should have always been in the game" and if it's not in the game it's "it's 2022 and this should be in the game" because such and such game has had it for almost 20 years. I'm cool with constructive criticism, I welcome it...but there is a noticeable difference between that and hating...

...like the guy who played for exactly one half and declared that it was the same old Madden with no changes and the worst game he has ever played. That's not credible...but that's just me.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

This thread is just a reaction to the "5 overrated aspect of NFL 2K5" that someone posted in the 2K forum some time ago. The OP just tried to say in that thread that if a similar thread appeared in the Madden forum it would get shut down for being negative towards Madden and was told by mods that this wasn't the case so I guess he's trying to prove his point.

As others have said, his takes are clearly showing he hasn't played for any significant amount of time if at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2022, 12:04 PM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
This thread is just a reaction to the "5 overrated aspect of NFL 2K5" that someone posted in the 2K forum some time ago. The OP just tried to say in that thread that if a similar thread appeared in the Madden forum it would get shut down for being negative towards Madden and was told by mods that this wasn't the case so I guess he's trying to prove his point.

As others have said, his takes are clearly showing he hasn't played for any significant amount of time if at all.

lol the internet never disappoints.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:40 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

There are two Madden 23 beta impressions threads which are already open and both are still quite visible. There is no reason why this post could not have been made in one of those two already existing threads.

Feel free to rewrite this exact same topic post within either one.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »