Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2020, 02:26 AM   #2673
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

I’ve been using Xanathol’s roster editor for YEARS and just the other day I had this revelation...something just occurred to me that‘s never really been delved into deeply, and its that hair and face scans are actually SEPARATE and not completely attached to the Head/Facescan as previously thought...what i’m saying is that its absolutely possible there’s an on/off checkbox somewhere deeper in the code that just hasn’t been accessed yet that gives facescans certain hairstyles...

How I came up with this is by going all the way back to Madden 08 and taking a look at the dreadlocks on the players. Every scan with dreads has the SAME dreadlocks in the game...no signature dreads for anyone like in the nba 2k games. The same goes for cornrows! Not only that, but I also came across guys who retained their facescan from madden 08 in 09 and 10 and yet had their dreads REMOVED or even added in later games...Devin Hester and Channing Crowder in madden 08 both have cornrows...in madden 10 they have short dreads with the SAME scans. Marcus Stroud and Maurice Jones-Drew both have dreads in 08...in ‘10 they have the same scans, but no dreads, so all EA did was remove the dread setting for Stroud and Jones-Drew but kept the facescans...they added the dread setting for Hester and Crowder and kept the scans the same

I’m suggesting that the dreadlocks checkbox in Finn’s 2k5 editor could very well be a possibility for the madden 12 roster editor...cornrows too. Guys like Corey Chavous and Domanick Williams didnt have cornrows in ‘08 yet in ‘10 both had cornrows with the same face scan...Plaxico Burress and Santonio Holmes had cornrows all the way through 10/11 and in 12 both had buzzcuts with the same scan...i’m gonna dig deeper into it, my finding could be MAJOR considering manually adding/removing dreads and cornrows has never been done before with this editor...i’ve got a good feeling about this one.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:38 PM   #2674
Rookie

How do you modify the player's scheme? I opened the roster file in the Madden editor and I cannot find anywhere that lists the scheme of the player.

Last edited by Geaux Tigahs; 06-03-2020 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:33 AM   #2675
Rookie

I have used the EA DB editor and the Madden editor and I still cannot find where to change the scheme of the player. Anybody know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2020, 01:50 AM   #2676
Rookie

Just wandering if there is anyone that has the skills or the knowledge of how to create updated rosters for Madden 08 Xbox 360?
Old 06-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #2677
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSL97
I’ve been using Xanathol’s roster editor for YEARS and just the other day I had this revelation...something just occurred to me that‘s never really been delved into deeply, and its that hair and face scans are actually SEPARATE and not completely attached to the Head/Facescan as previously thought...what i’m saying is that its absolutely possible there’s an on/off checkbox somewhere deeper in the code that just hasn’t been accessed yet that gives facescans certain hairstyles...

How I came up with this is by going all the way back to Madden 08 and taking a look at the dreadlocks on the players. Every scan with dreads has the SAME dreadlocks in the game...no signature dreads for anyone like in the nba 2k games. The same goes for cornrows! Not only that, but I also came across guys who retained their facescan from madden 08 in 09 and 10 and yet had their dreads REMOVED or even added in later games...Devin Hester and Channing Crowder in madden 08 both have cornrows...in madden 10 they have short dreads with the SAME scans. Marcus Stroud and Maurice Jones-Drew both have dreads in 08...in ‘10 they have the same scans, but no dreads, so all EA did was remove the dread setting for Stroud and Jones-Drew but kept the facescans...they added the dread setting for Hester and Crowder and kept the scans the same

I’m suggesting that the dreadlocks checkbox in Finn’s 2k5 editor could very well be a possibility for the madden 12 roster editor...cornrows too. Guys like Corey Chavous and Domanick Williams didnt have cornrows in ‘08 yet in ‘10 both had cornrows with the same face scan...Plaxico Burress and Santonio Holmes had cornrows all the way through 10/11 and in 12 both had buzzcuts with the same scan...i’m gonna dig deeper into it, my finding could be MAJOR considering manually adding/removing dreads and cornrows has never been done before with this editor...i’ve got a good feeling about this one.
Great find!
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 10-18-2020, 08:25 PM   #2678
Rookie

Not sure what I've done wrong. I've followed all instructions from the opening post and even did a test where all I changed was Jay Cutler's Name to Butthole Dude on Madden 25. Unfortunately I get the "...Appears to be damaged and cannot be used."

Any idea of what I might have done?

Used Horizon to extract and overwrite.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:32 AM   #2679
Pro

reeshmd23's Arena

Lol butthole dude!
Old 08-27-2021, 08:52 PM   #2680
Rookie

Is it possible to use a different roster files from newer maddens to convert down to older maddens, let's say down to madden 15? (PS3)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »