Home

Up to Date Madden 12 Rosters - Based off Madden 13 Official Updates

This is a discussion on Up to Date Madden 12 Rosters - Based off Madden 13 Official Updates within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
13 min, 0 thresh, normal speed
Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #18
Banned

The more I play with the FBG ratings on 12, the less I like them. It is becoming increasingly clear the ratings are calibrated for 13 and do not work well with 12. Oh well
Old 12-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Up to Date Madden 12 Rosters - Based off Madden 13 Official Updates

I like the effect of FBG's physical ratings such as speed, agility and strength, but some of the other ratings seemed a little non-compatible to me.
I felt I had to really start juicing up the sliders to get certain parts of the game to come back to life, which then kept bumping me out of the All-Madden range.
I went back and took your base roster and have been tweeking from there and love what I am seeing. Using lower agility to give weight to the players is huge, among other adjustments. My next task is to see if I can attach custom playbooks to CPU teams through Xan's Generic editor.
Thanks again for putting these up!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
I like the effect of FBG's physical ratings such as speed, agility and strength, but some of the other ratings seemed a little non-compatible to me.
I felt I had to really start juicing up the sliders to get certain parts of the game to come back to life, which then kept bumping me out of the All-Madden range.
I went back and took your base roster and have been tweeking from there and love what I am seeing. Using lower agility to give weight to the players is huge, among other adjustments. My next task is to see if I can attach custom playbooks to CPU teams through Xan's Generic editor.
Thanks again for putting these up!
Agility is the number one game changer. Lowering it seems to eliminate several key issues, such as the zig zag running effect and defensive line jailbreaks. It is key to dynamic line play as well. I'm curious how much you feel it needs to be lowered. Another stat I feel needs to be lowered significantly is QB throw power. I am loving the results I am getting by lowering it by 25. Have you done anything with that?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #21
Banned

Just fixed the adidas shoe glitch for all players having it. All players that were glitched now are wearing the Nike Zoom Vapor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #22
Pro

I believe I started by globally droping agility by 12. Then I went position by position and made adjustments. So for DTs and OLine I took an additional 8 pts, FBs, TEs, DEs and LBs 5-6 points.
Then I went back through and gave some boosts to the really small players like the Trindon Holiday's in the league to give a better feel of weight between players.
I also dropped Pursuit for DL by 20-25 pts and LBs by 10-15. They still take good angles, but it reduces some of the closing "speed burst."
I haven't touched THP yet, but will for sure. Sounds interesting. THA is one I need to look into to see how it gets effected in M12, especially since there are the other accuracy ratings. In NCAA 13 I dropped it by 15 pts and it made a huge impact.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
I believe I started by globally droping agility by 12. Then I went position by position and made adjustments. So for DTs and OLine I took an additional 8 pts, FBs, TEs, DEs and LBs 5-6 points.
Then I went back through and gave some boosts to the really small players like the Trindon Holiday's in the league to give a better feel of weight between players.
I also dropped Pursuit for DL by 20-25 pts and LBs by 10-15. They still take good angles, but it reduces some of the closing "speed burst."
I haven't touched THP yet, but will for sure. Sounds interesting. THA is one I need to look into to see how it gets effected in M12, especially since there are the other accuracy ratings. In NCAA 13 I dropped it by 15 pts and it made a huge impact.
As a suggestion, lower throw power by 25 and use the ratings from the FBG site for the accuracy. I love the results I am getting with these changes and the QBA slider at 25. Lowering the throwpower adds various trajectories to the passes and also implements realistic underthrows, particularly when throwing on the run.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #24
Pro

I'll give it a shot tonight. I think I can picture the results on trajectories. I remember my first franchise in a preseason game I was facing a team using a UDFA QB. I liked the trajectory on the ball thrown, but I'm sure his accuracy ratings sucked LOL.
Looking forward to seeing this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »