Home

The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

This is a discussion on The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
This looks very interesting. MIght have to give it a try.

I've been getting 200 yards per game easy with Bill harris's sliders.
Put the setting to All-Pro instead of Pro. I struggled to get 100 yards with Deangelo Williams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 05:50 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterIVXX
Now to my speed threshold theory.

First off, let me say that I've only been playing games at 15 minutes, with the 20 second runoff, and on slow speed

Here's what I've seen.

At slow speed with 25 min speed threshold I'll often have games where both teams put up 40 to 50+ points

At slow speed with 50 min speed threshold I'll see a lot of games where the point totals end in the mid 30's.

At slow speed with 75 min speed threshold I've been having games that end with scores in the 20's of high teens (like the game I just had against the Bears).

So my theory, if you want offensive shoot-outs, turn down the speed threshold to around 25, if you want defensively dominated, low-scoring games, crank that speed threshold up to 75.

From what I've gathered the speed threshold setting seems to have a bigger impact on how a game goes more-so than all those custom slider setting.
I've gotten pretty close games with the speed min threshold at 5.
My last game was against the Jags (I was the Chargers) in my second year of franchise mode. Final: 27-20. I won.
The one before that was... The Bolts versus the pats. That was 52-39. I only got 52 because Quentin Jammer returned 2 picks to the house on them (other wise it would've been 38-39 Pats, which is both realistic and close). My Pass rush was really effective. I've set my sliders to Jokah03's settings with my auto-sub and fatigue settings to DavonBrown's. I feel that this is very realistic. Although it is still hard to run even with the Chargers at times.

But any way, I don't know if your theory on min speed threshold is correct.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 08-20-2009, 05:52 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
All-Pro is the way to go with these. I think All-Pro is actually the best level to use because it is in the middle. Pro gives the user too much assistance.

I think versuz2 got hung up with the word "pro" meaning the individual players skill level instead of what it really means, the user's skill level. All-Madden is straight up trash I agree with him on that, but All-Pro is very tough without cheating to win like All-Madden tries to do.

These sliders with All-Pro Setting are very challenging. You have to concentrate and take no plays off. What I have seen and liked so far is that the good teams destroy the terrible teams. My only concern is that some of the stats may not be where I would like. But, I still need to play more to be sure.
Sounds good. I'll try these later on then.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:01 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I don't like putting the speed threshold above 50 because it effectively changes what the NFL is supposed to be about - player speed differences meaning something.

I don't want slow MLBs being able to keep up with speedy slot WRs.

I want the Deangelo Williams and guys like him to be able to break big runs once in awhile.

Speed threshold at 75 may give you the score you want, but it's a cheat IMO.
This is my main thing which is why I LOVE the sliders I'm currently using. I feel that putting the threshold at 75 is a cheat too. I feel as though Sproles should be able to turn that corner faster than any linebacker, lineman, or even safety if he comes up in run support and I bounce to the outside. Having the threshold at 5 is really realistic IMO and it also makes the linemen feel slow as well... like they rightfully should. It allows me to drop back and really survey the field, it allows the pocket to really form, and it actually allows my WRs to make their cuts and set up their routes for me to determine who I should throw it to. I still get sacked on occasion and I always have to dump it off to my hot read if they come with an overload blitz. Very realistic IMO. But I'll still try out Versuz2's sliders in a lil bit.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:20 AM   #45
All Star

OVR: 33

ok

ALL-PRO CPU 100

EAGLES 55 GIANTS 16.

Far too easy. Running game is good. Jacobs was ineffective. But passing wow. MIke Vick looks like Brady out there. Manning 10 for his first 11.

VERY FAST 50 Threshold.

Comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 07:06 AM   #46
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Put the setting to All-Pro instead of Pro. I struggled to get 100 yards with Deangelo Williams.
Cannnot rush at all on 100 CPU all-pro.

I lowered cpu break block to 50. And the run game is fine now.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #47
Rookie

Yikes. So I played with these settings on pro, and at the half... its 42-3. I lead as the Chargers punishing the Broncos and their rookie QB. Guy Richart (the Bronc's QB) has 5 picks. And I returned 2 to the house. Ima bump this up to All-Pro for the second half and play my next game on that to see what it's like. (BTW, I get the ball back at the half. ouch.)

Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #48
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
Yikes. So I played with these settings on pro, and at the half... its 42-3. I lead as the Chargers punishing the Broncos and their rookie QB. Guy Richart (the Bronc's QB) has 5 picks. And I returned 2 to the house. Ima bump this up to All-Pro for the second half and play my next game on that to see what it's like. (BTW, I get the ball back at the half. ouch.)
You cannot rush the ball at all on ALLPRO. Neither can the cpu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »