Home

DB's Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #17
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: DB's Madden 11 Sliders

Ok, first off these are pretty good. Played till 3 am, and had alot of fun.

keep in mind, I usually dont help testing out sliders, because of my skill level. i usually join late and make my own tweaks right away. Alos keep in mind I jumped right imto your sliders after a year layoff from Madden.

Couple of games with Cowboys(me) vs Eagles(cpu). Sorry I dont have stats bro, but I played a few games or half games, and it got late too.

CPU passing game was lethal for me. My guys couldnt couldnt do anything. cpu seemed to get open no matter what. 3rd and long conversions every time was very frustrting. Now as I say this, but it could be my skill level. Especially on offense, passing game to be specific. I turned it over several times, so that could lead to the cpu offense capitalizing. Human running game was excellent though. But the real good thing about my experience on defense was my pass rush. Best pass rush ever in Madden! And I dont mean just because my guys flew in untouched and hit the QB. It seemed like a real pass rush. sometimes nothing, sometimes very strong blitzes that actually created havoc. it was a blast. Demarcus Ware was a beast, getting multiple sacks. I strongly suggest you keep this the same. I think you nailed this one. And Ware was also great against the run. His tackle numbers had to be decent. But the cpu running game seemed a little weak though. Actually though, I didnt check out run per carry though, so I cant really provide any evidence.

I will be back with more.

Last edited by cable guy; 08-18-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Ok, first off these are pretty good. Played till 3 am, and had alot of fun.

keep in mind, I usually dont help testing out sliders, because of my skill level. i usually join late and make my own tweaks right away. Alos keep in mind I jumped right imto your sliders after a year layoff from Madden.

Couple of games with Cowboys(me) vs Eagles(cpu). Sorry I dont have stats bro, but I played a few games or half games, and it got late too.

CPU passing game was lethal for me. My guys couldnt couldnt do anything. cpu seemed to get open no matter what. 3rd and long conversions every time was very frustrting. Now as I say this, but it could be my skill level. Especially on offense, passing game to be specific. I turned it over several times, so that could lead to the cpu offense capitalizing. Human running game was excellent though. But the real good thing about my experience on defense was my pass rush. Best pass rush ever in Madden! And I dont mean just because my guys flew in untouched and hit the QB. It seemed like a real pass rush. sometimes nothing, sometimes very strong blitzes that actually created havoc. it was a blast. Demarcus Ware was a beast, getting multiple sacks. I strongly suggest you keep this the same. I think you nailed this one. And Ware was also great against the run. His tackle numbers had to be decent. But the cpu running game seemed a little weak though. Actually though, I didnt check out run per carry though, so I cant really provide any evidence.

I will be back with more.
Good stuff

Having a lazy day today myself, should get some more testing in tomorrow, then a lot more at weekend.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Good stuff

Having a lazy day today myself, should get some more testing in tomorrow, then a lot more at weekend.
NICE.

Cant wait.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Was trying some other sliders on here out and then noticed that yours had popped up. I also played with yours last year and was pretty happy with them so I'm definitely going to start testing these out. They look a little easier than what I've been seeing from others but that's perfect for me because I'm not a Madden pro and I also like to play my games realistic.

I'll be using the Bears and playing against the Falcons for my first 5 games of testing. Pretty balanced match up that should set a good base line for me.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
NICE.

Cant wait.
For lazy day- read too many beers last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
Was trying some other sliders on here out and then noticed that yours had popped up. I also played with yours last year and was pretty happy with them so I'm definitely going to start testing these out. They look a little easier than what I've been seeing from others but that's perfect for me because I'm not a Madden pro and I also like to play my games realistic.

I'll be using the Bears and playing against the Falcons for my first 5 games of testing. Pretty balanced match up that should set a good base line for me.
That's exactly what I need , let me know stats/thoughts. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #22
Rookie

OK, so my first run through with these exact settings and I had one high score of a game. I ended up winning 50-42 and that was more thanks to a kick return TD and an INT return TD. Here's the team stats first

Bears/Falcons

Total: 358/632
Rush: 73/87
Pass: 285/545
Sacks: 2/1
INT: 2/0

Total Plays/Possession
Bears: 54/29:39
Falcons: 80/30:21

My stats actually seem fairly realistic. I had a really hard time getting any kind of run game going which you'll see in Forte's stats. Here are the player stats.

J.Cutler
18/25
290 Yards
72% Comp
2 TD
0 INT

M.Ryan
38/54
556 Yards
70% Comp
4 TD
2 INT

M.Forte
27 Att
70 Yards
2.5 AVG
1 TD

M.Turner
19 Att
74 Yards
3.8 Avg
1 TD

The things I really like are my defense against the rush seemed fairly solid and my passing game was working well.

The down sides were definitely their ability to pass the ball. 500+ yards is insane and there were times I was getting pressure and he would lose the ball right as I got there but was still accurate. And then my rush game was laughable at times. It seemed like their line could toss my guys aside and I had no holes to run with.

The other issue I have is how many plays they CPU had. We had the ball the same amount of time but it had 30 more plays than I did. I'm not sure if that's the accelerated clock not working well enough or what, but that could also be why they had so many yards.

This was only my first test, so we'll see where the next game takes me.

If there are other stats that you need for next time let me know and I'll be sure to write them down.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #23
Rookie

So I played my second game and it couldn't have been more the opposite. The CPU had better luck running and less success in the air. I tore up the ground game and didn't really have a need to try much in the air.

The scoring was a little more controlled and there were no random TDs (INT or kick returns) but I still feel like the offense is pretty dominant.

Trying out one of those fancy tables for stats.

NCAA Scoreboard - Falcons () at Bears ()
, 1234F
Falcons070714
Bears10143330
Top Performers
Falcons - Stats
Bears - Stats
Team Stats Comparison
ATLCHI
First Downs1314
3rd Down Efficiency
4th Down Efficiency
Total Yards250400
Passing Yards133176
Rushing Yards117224
Penalties-Penalty Yards
Turnovers11
Time of Possession23:1536:45
Falcons
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
J.Cutler12/2917621
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
M.Forte161308.11
C.Taylor25712.80
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
D.Aromashodu610317.11
G.Olsen24120.50
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
M.Anderson4200
T.Harris3100
C.Harris4010
Bears
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
M.Ryan17/3215411
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
M.Turner22863.91
J.Norwood8273.30
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
R.White711115.81
H.DOuglas4235.70
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
C.Lofton3010

I'll play a couple more games tomorrow morning.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #24
Pro

Thanks for the info Hush.

It's really incredible this year, the difference you get playing the same game setup, same teams etc. I'm hoping that 500 yds passing was a really extreme random result. I haven't seen anything even vaguely approaching that many yds passing. Looks like you got decent pass rush pressure in game 2 as well, which is good to see.

Unfortunately, this is just going to make it even more difficult to establish sliders that produce good results/stats on an average occasion, because it takes even more repetitions that normal to establish said "average game". Oh well, I'm not too busy with work atm, so we'll get there

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »