Home

DB's Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
DB's Madden 11 Sliders

I had several PMs and Emails asking if I would be doing sliders this year. I said I probably wouldn't, as it took up so much time last year.

Who was I kiddin Of course I couldn't resist.

------------------------------------------
Playcall style: Conventional (Gameflow just isn't there yet..Maybe Madden 13)

Game Length: 15 min Qrts: 20 second Runoff (but as always, we're aiming for around 125 OFF Plays per game (Runs/Passes and Sacks))

Speed: Slow
Threshold: 75

Inj: Default
Fatigue: Default

-------------------------------------------------------
Human/CPU

Passing
QBACC:26/42
PSBLK: 50/45
WRCTH: 48/48

Rushing
BRKTCK: 20/25
RUNBLK: 45/60
FMB : 45/45

Pass D
REACT: 55/70
INT: 15/35
PASSR: 55/50

Rush D

REACT: 17/50
BLKSH: 42/42
TKL: 58/55

Special Teams

All Default Except FG ACC:40

Penalties

Offside:70
False Start:70
Holding:55
Facemask:53
DPI:75
OPI:75
KR/PR Int: 75
Clipping:53
Int GR:75
RTP:75
RTK:75

--------------------------------------------------------
The only way to test (as far as I'm concerned), is to play the same two teams, with the same conditions again and again, and take an average of the stats and results. I'm aiming to take away the excess big plays of the default game, and lessen the broken tackles by players. Basically to make the D actually play like a real D.

I like realistic stats. In fact I demand realistic stats. Opponents running for 200 or passing for 300 on a regular basis, against a high rated D team, isn't realism for me. Basically, as last year, I'm not going for the "make the game artificially difficult, to keep it interesting approach". I don't want QBs passes to be a lottery. I don't want LBs standing around not reacting to runs or passes. You get the general idea.

------------------------------------------------------

Let me know if you try these. All sldiers are subject to constant testing and revision at this point.

All feedback welcomed and encouraged

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 09-07-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: DB's Madden 11 Sliders

finally, one with slow game speed with a high threshold, those are proven in my book to work well. I will have to try those out.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Thanks for making a slider set DB, I used yours a good bit last year.

Here's my first game. Note that I made my run D harder to up the CPU run defense a bit, made the adjustment mid game. Basically, I lowered user block shedding to 25. I was coming off blocks too easy.

Panthers 35 (user) - Dolphins 0
total offense 442 / 270
rush yards 272 / 66
pass yards 170 / 204
turnovers 0 / 3

Moore 14/27, 170 yards, 1 TD
Williams 23 for 121 yards, TD
Stewart 14 for 95 yards
Smith 2 for 55 yards, TD (end around), 5 catches for 89 yards
Lafell 2 catches for 19 yards
Rosario 1 catch, 4 yards, td

Henne 16/33, 226 yards, int
Brown 14 for 61 yards
williams 4 for 5 yards
bess 4 catches for 59 yards
marshall 3 catches for 56 yards

Dolphins had several bad timely penalties stalling drives, and 3 turnovers that lead to panther points. It was a fairly defensive game until the end when I started to run all over their tired defense. Take away the 3 turnovers and you've got a 24-0 game, roughly.

Total 121 plays, right where it should be.

Passing is about where it should be. CPU running should be fine, they were able to run the ball better after I made the mid game adjustment. User running might be just a tad strong, other than that, solid!
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 08-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Thanks for making a slider set DB, I used yours a good bit last year.

Here's my first game. Note that I made my run D harder to up the CPU run defense a bit, made the adjustment mid game. Basically, I lowered user block shedding to 25. I was coming off blocks too easy.

Panthers 35 (user) - Dolphins 0
total offense 442 / 270
rush yards 272 / 66
pass yards 170 / 204
turnovers 0 / 3

Moore 14/27, 170 yards, 1 TD
Williams 23 for 121 yards, TD
Stewart 14 for 95 yards
Smith 2 for 55 yards, TD (end around), 5 catches for 89 yards
Lafell 2 catches for 19 yards
Rosario 1 catch, 4 yards, td

Henne 16/33, 226 yards, int
Brown 14 for 61 yards
williams 4 for 5 yards
bess 4 catches for 59 yards
marshall 3 catches for 56 yards

Dolphins had several bad timely penalties stalling drives, and 3 turnovers that lead to panther points. It was a fairly defensive game until the end when I started to run all over their tired defense. Take away the 3 turnovers and you've got a 24-0 game, roughly.

Total 121 plays, right where it should be.

Passing is about where it should be. CPU running should be fine, they were able to run the ball better after I made the mid game adjustment. User running might be just a tad strong, other than that, solid!
Thanks for the info, as I said a rough starting set.

I've been playing Jets (me) vs Dolphins all day. In the last game, I just couldn't stop their run (Brown went 26/116, Williams 6/61 no big gains, constant 7-8 yarders with my def coordinator yelling in my ear ). I totally squelched their passing game though, and actually got 5 sacks (which is about as many as in all the other games put together). Again, I've no idea how you managed 272 yds rushing, the most I've managed in one game is 162, and most are around 100 or so.

You must be better at rushing than me.

But again, even though they out performed me statwise in that game, it was a blowout for me. It ended 31-17, and that was late scoring by them, plus 7 pts gifted to me, by the ai going for it on 4th and 8 from their own 30 with still 14:55 left in the game (??!!) - I thought the ai was a bit better this year- nevermind.

Anyways, they are a starting set to work from....need some sleep now
Old 08-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #5
Pro

Second game, surprisingly close.

Cardinals 20, Panthers 27 (user)

Total offense 386 / 242
Rush Yards 130 / 146
Pass Yards 256 / 96
Turnovers 2 / 1

Leinhart 24/54, 291 yards, 2 td, 2 int
Wells 19 carries 116 yards
Doucet 6 catches, 125 yards, 2 td
fitzgerald 4 catches 30 yards
Becht 4 catches 52 yards

Moore 11/20, 112 yards, TD
Williams 18 carries, 129 yards, td
stewart 12 carries, 32 yards
smith 5 catches 64 yards, td

I was up 27-10 at one point and started playing conservatively. Gave the ball to stewart and let him try to pound it and run the clock. A badly timed fumble and the cardinals getting on a roll led to them having the ball inside my 5 with a chance to tie. They ended up turning the ball over on downs. Leinhart was wildly inaccurate at times.

My sliders changes:
Human Run Block 50
Human Block Shedding 25

Special Teams:
FG power 40
fg accuracy 50
punt power 50
punt accuracy 100
kickoff power 40

Last edited by Blazzen; 08-15-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Thanks for the info, as I said a rough starting set.

I've been playing Jets (me) vs Dolphins all day. In the last game, I just couldn't stop their run (Brown went 26/116, Williams 6/61 no big gains, constant 7-8 yarders with my def coordinator yelling in my ear ). I totally squelched their passing game though, and actually got 5 sacks (which is about as many as in all the other games put together). Again, I've no idea how you managed 272 yds rushing, the most I've managed in one game is 162, and most are around 100 or so.

You must be better at rushing than me.

But again, even though they out performed me statwise in that game, it was a blowout for me. It ended 31-17, and that was late scoring by them, plus 7 pts gifted to me, by the ai going for it on 4th and 8 from their own 30 with still 14:55 left in the game (??!!) - I thought the ai was a bit better this year- nevermind.

Anyways, they are a starting set to work from....need some sleep now
Dolphins werent able to run against my panthers until I made the changes. They were averaging 2.5 ypc. Ended the game with 4.5 ypc. Part of that was play calling.

I like the harder run settings because it makes you call run stopping defenses in order to really stop it. That opens up the pass for the cpu, because it isn't particularly easy for them to pass. This is actually very realistic to have to bring 8 into the box to stop the run. Rarely is it stopped with 7 in the box. Once I started getting my running game going the cpu had safeties up in my face the rest of the game. That's when I was hitting Smith on some big plays in 1 on 1 coverage.

CPU does give away extra points at the end of games by going for it. That was part of the 35-0 game I had. I believe I had a pick 6 in that game also.

May have to up cpu interceptions to 35. I haven't throw one yet, but had plenty clank off their hands which could've been ints. Some of my picks were cpu, I believe 1 was user.

Hope this helps! Sleep time for me now too
Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
Pro

Made some changes in the 1st post in Bold. Partly inline with Blazzen's thoughts. Upped Cpu QBACC, Pass Blocking- Lowered Human Run Blk, Run D React, and BlkShd. Also Lowered Human INT.

Played another interesting game Jets v Dolphins, most interesting stat was 4 sacks a piece (even though 3 of mine were manually controlled overload blitzers).

The ai makes some hideous decisions lateish in game, trying to go for it twice when down by 17pts on 4th and 12 on its own 15, then on its own 20something. This needs fixing asap. In the meantime :

TIP: Swap controllers, and do the only sensible thing - punt for them, then swap back to your own team...you can do this in Exhibition Mode, but not sure about Franchise.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
Pro

Played another game. This was vs. the Colts. I put a beating on them. They could not stop my run game. Then they brought safeties up and Steve Smith burned them. Textbook Panthers football

Colts didn't get much through the air either. Peyton didnt have time to throw even with only 4 coming at him. Had several sacks, hits and rushes with Charles Johnson (think he's 79 OVR, not great) so I made some more changes.

Here's what I'm using currently:

Game Settings
Playcall styleconventional
accelerated clock 20 sec
injuries45
fatigue55
game speedslow
threshold75
penalties
offside100
false start55
holding55
facemask50
defensive PI100
offensive PI100
KR/PR Interference100
clipping50
int grounding100
roughing passer100
roughing kicker100
difficult settingsplayercpu
qb accuracy3040
pass blocking5540
wr catching5050
broken tackles1520
run blocking5055
fumbles4545
reaction time6570
interceptions2535
pass rush5055
reaction time2545
block shedding2545
tackling6060
special teams
fg power40
fg accuracy50
punt power50
punt accuracy100
kickoff power40

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »