Home

DB's Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: DB's Madden 11 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
I've always talked about the random element of each game. Call it a randomizer, fiddle factor whatever you will, every game, certain aspects get a universal boost/nerf for the whole game. This is why in certain games, with exactly the same parameters, it's easy to run, then in others it isn't, calling the same plays against the same teams and D plays. It's necessary, otherwise games would feel the same.
Absolutely true. Probably the most important thing to note when testing sliders. If you continuously make changes after every game, you're not really going to get anywhere. Not every game is a 21-17 game where QB's hit 55-60 % of passes and where teams run 30 times for 4.5 YPC. Some people's sliders are better than they think, they just haven't played enough games with them to find out.

If you absolutely need variety (testing gets boring), I recommend playing a full season with one team on 5 min, 15 sec accel clock. Check the stats after 8 games and make changes and check again after the end. These 5 minute games would really be equivalent to a half, but you'll get a decent sample size against a variety of competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #26
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
For lazy day- read too many beers last night
That's exactly what I need , let me know stats/thoughts. Thanks.

I cant play Madden without my coffe in the morning and beer at night!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #27
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the info Hush.

It's really incredible this year, the difference you get playing the same game setup, same teams etc. I'm hoping that 500 yds passing was a really extreme random result. I haven't seen anything even vaguely approaching that many yds passing. Looks like you got decent pass rush pressure in game 2 as well, which is good to see.

Unfortunately, this is just going to make it even more difficult to establish sliders that produce good results/stats on an average occasion, because it takes even more repetitions that normal to establish said "average game". Oh well, I'm not too busy with work atm, so we'll get there
I played to 1st half games and Kolb lit me up for 225 and 250 plus each time. But like I said, I was turning the ball over, ints, left and right so that is gonna happen. And giving up 31 points in each half. I will probably turn down cpu def awr tonight, and that should actually help me see what needs work(if it does) for the cpu O.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #28
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
Was trying some other sliders on here out and then noticed that yours had popped up. I also played with yours last year and was pretty happy with them so I'm definitely going to start testing these out. They look a little easier than what I've been seeing from others but that's perfect for me because I'm not a Madden pro and I also like to play my games realistic.
Thats what I was doing, scrolling for all sliders to look at what people are doing to them this year. And then I saw DB's, which I take credit for talking him into doing them again this year lol. jk Had a blast with his last year. They were great. And I do believe it was his the last year I played madden on PS2?

And yeah I am probably near the same skill set as you, and these play a great realistic game.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I played to 1st half games and Kolb lit me up for 225 and 250 plus each time. But like I said, I was turning the ball over, ints, left and right so that is gonna happen. And giving up 31 points in each half. I will probably turn down cpu def awr tonight, and that should actually help me see what needs work(if it does) for the cpu O.
I haven't thrown a pick with Sanchez for quite a few test games, that's why I turned the cpu int up to 35 on last slider tweak. The key is not forcing throws, and this is the 1st year I can remember, where I've actually taken sacks rather than make a highly risky throw (something hopefully the RL Mr Sanchez will learn this year too).

OK, I'm using the Jets D, which should be good against the pass, but mixing D calls up seems to work better this year than before. It's marvellous to start off with heavy blitzing, then fake the blitz and drop 8 into coverage, and watch the cpu throw a 4yd completion to a hot receiver on 3rd and 7

You're not finding that the cpu receivers are breaking tackles all over the place are you?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #30
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
I haven't thrown a pick with Sanchez for quite a few test games, that's why I turned the cpu int up to 35 on last slider tweak. The key is not forcing throws, and this is the 1st year I can remember, where I've actually taken sacks rather than make a highly risky throw (something hopefully the RL Mr Sanchez will learn this year too).

OK, I'm using the Jets D, which should be good against the pass, but mixing D calls up seems to work better this year than before. It's marvellous to start off with heavy blitzing, then fake the blitz and drop 8 into coverage, and watch the cpu throw a 4yd completion to a hot receiver on 3rd and 7

You're not finding that the cpu receivers are breaking tackles all over the place are you?
No. There are some, but they are very very realistic. Bad angles and or poor tackling defenders. Very realistic.

Blitzing is a joy this year. There is definitely a risk reward deal with it. And the pass rush/pass block slider combo is dead on. Actually getting sacks.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Drew,

Great sliders mate. Just played my 3rd game of my falcons franchise vs saints.

Stats look sound, nothing outragous but i changed one thing which maybe you may consider cos i thought it played very well. I lowered clock to 12min quarters instead of 15mins

Falcons(me) 27 - 24 Saints (CPU)

Rushing:

Turner 21 for 93yrds 1TD
Thomas 13 for 67yrds

Passing:

Ryan 25/38 - 325yrds - 2TD - INT
Brees 22/32 - 302yrds - 3TD

Total Plays = 111.

Everything looked right. One mad minute where cpu fumbled on goal line only for me to fumble right back on the next play. (yes the scored after that).

It played realistically, the odd big play, but not cheesy or buggy momment just good plays called.

Have to say that feel sorry for all you guys who try to make these sliders cos your hampered by that stupid, idiotic, mindreading Qb's who throw the ball just before getting sacked. As you can see by brees figures, the falcons are not great at pass def but stopped him by getting to him 7/8 times making him throw it away. NOT ONE SACK!!

Not your fault drew, its the silly awr rating that is making the top QB almost un-sackable.

But once again mate great sliders, enjoyable, non cheesy and still made you concentrate against top offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Drew,

Great sliders mate. Just played my 3rd game of my falcons franchise vs saints.

Stats look sound, nothing outragous but i changed one thing which maybe you may consider cos i thought it played very well. I lowered clock to 12min quarters instead of 15mins

Falcons(me) 27 - 24 Saints (CPU)

Rushing:

Turner 21 for 93yrds 1TD
Thomas 13 for 67yrds

Passing:

Ryan 25/38 - 325yrds - 2TD - INT
Brees 22/32 - 302yrds - 3TD

Total Plays = 111.

Everything looked right. One mad minute where cpu fumbled on goal line only for me to fumble right back on the next play. (yes the scored after that).

It played realistically, the odd big play, but not cheesy or buggy momment just good plays called.

Have to say that feel sorry for all you guys who try to make these sliders cos your hampered by that stupid, idiotic, mindreading Qb's who throw the ball just before getting sacked. As you can see by brees figures, the falcons are not great at pass def but stopped him by getting to him 7/8 times making him throw it away. NOT ONE SACK!!

Not your fault drew, its the silly awr rating that is making the top QB almost un-sackable.

But once again mate great sliders, enjoyable, non cheesy and still made you concentrate against top offense.
Thanks

Re : The game length, the actual time isn't that important, it's more the number of plays. I rarely snap the ball on OFF with more than a few ticks on the play clock, so that's why full 15 min qrts work for me. I just like the TOP to add up to 60:00

12,13,14 or 15 min qrts may work better for others like yourself. Whatever gets you around 120 or so plays per game on average. Higher Completion Rates will also mean less plays, as the clock stops less often.

You're pretty much right on the top QBs and sacks, even though you can sometimes get a coverage sack or my favorite, call a play when the FS or SS is blitzing, switch control to him as the cpu gets to the LOS, and start sprinting (I have auto-sprint off) to one side of the Oline. Hopefully you time it right, and fly past the OT already at full speed and get a free lane to the QB. When it works, it's a thing of beauty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »