Home

The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

This is a discussion on The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

First off I'm sure some of you have seen the Versuz2 sliders, for those of you who haven't they are simply this:

Pro level difficulty

All CPU skills maxed out to 100.

Played a franchise game against the Bears, here's how it went using these sliders.

15 minute quarters, 20 second runoff, 75 speed threshold, slow speed.

Weather: Heavy Rain, 14 mph wind

Final Score

Rams--19
Bears--17

I'll spare you all the stats but I will say that this was the most highly realistic game I played. Each team was forced to play to it's strength, I saw no warping, sliding, or anything like that, and I was looking very hard.

The game went back and forth right up until the last play where I won on a last second field goal.

Overall, I would definitely say give this slider set a shot.

Now to my speed threshold theory.

First off, let me say that I've only been playing games at 15 minutes, with the 20 second runoff, and on slow speed

Here's what I've seen.

At slow speed with 25 min speed threshold I'll often have games where both teams put up 40 to 50+ points

At slow speed with 50 min speed threshold I'll see a lot of games where the point totals end in the mid 30's.

At slow speed with 75 min speed threshold I've been having games that end with scores in the 20's of high teens (like the game I just had against the Bears).

So my theory, if you want offensive shoot-outs, turn down the speed threshold to around 25, if you want defensively dominated, low-scoring games, crank that speed threshold up to 75.

From what I've gathered the speed threshold setting seems to have a bigger impact on how a game goes more-so than all those custom slider setting.

Just thought I'd pass on what I've been seeing so far in the games I've played.

PS: Try out those Versuz2 slider set. Just simply put the player skill to Pro, and max out CPU to 100 on everything. I was skeptical, but hey, the worked way better than I ever thought they would
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

Sounds good. What about fatigue and Injuries? Default isn't very realistic, and 100/100 isn't either.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Banned

I have fatigue and injuries set at default.

I'm reluctant to change the injury slider because I'm seeing a lot of hit and miss. I've talked to guys the have the injury slider at default, and have had 5 guys knocked out for the year, but in my franchise, the worst injury was to Marc bulger that put him out for only one week.

I have my penalties set at whatever Marino has them at. I was using his sliders until I decided to try the Pro level, CPU 100 experiment.

I'm going to play another game here in a few hours and I'll post up all the stats.

It'll be Rams @ Titans. Now if these sliders do what they Versuz2 says the do, I should probably lose the game and get destroyed by Chris Johnson, but we'll see. I'll have the stats up later.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
Rookie

BFawlty's Arena

OVR: 5

Intriguing sliders, I'm one of those in between Pro and All Pro settings, I think I'll give these a shot. The speed issue is very interesting. I have been playing on normal with 50 threshold and find the games okay. The higher threshold settings do seem to help with several areas of game play. For me the RB in the flats seems to be less obvious here, maybe because the defense can close quicker? Haven't played enough to notice the score differences with the threshold settings, but now that you mention it my games have been 31,21 or 27,21 type of affairs after I made the switch. As opposed to 42,45 type of games or worse! FYI I have been playing with Playmakers set of sliders, they seem pretty good also. Thx

BF
Old 08-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

I am really hopeful this PRO/100 philosophy works. I will test some games later tonight (stormy weather here now) and post stats. I will play with the following changes...

15 Minute Quarters (20 Second RO)

Slow - 75 (Thresh) (Not really a change from what the OP said.)

Injury/Fatigue 60/60 (To me I have seen a good balance of realistic injuries, not overly severe all the time, or non-existent.)

Auto Sub Slider Settings from jokah03.

Special Team Sliders - Default Settings (If you adjust accuracy the CPU misses too many easy FG's)

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 08-19-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
Banned

From what I've seen on "Versuz2" YouTube channel his reasoning behind the sliders are this:

Having the Player Skill set at Pro allows the human controlled players to play at 100% their potential rating.

Having the CPU skill set to 100 allows the CPU to play to their fullest potential rating.

Thus, the ratings will truly govern the game. He has some incredible videos illustrating all the finer details.

For example in one video he shows a strong, but slow WR going up against a weak, but fast CB. The WR beats the weak CB initially off the line and creates separation, but the CB's speed allows him to close the gap. Both players ratings were respected.

I'm playing my Rams @ Titans franchise game now, results to follow
Old 08-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I am really hopeful this PRO/100 philosophy works. I will test some games later tonight (stormy weather here now) and post stats. I will play with the following changes...

15 Minute Quarters (20 Second RO)

Slow - 75 (Thresh) (Not really a change from what the OP said.)

Injury/Fatigue 60/60 (To me I have seen a good balance of realistic injuries, not overly severe all the time, or non-existent.)

Auto Sub Slider Settings from ____________

Special Team Sliders - Default Settings (If you adjust accuracy the CPU misses too many easy FG's)

You should have a fairly low-scoring game at the 75 threshold if my theory is correct *crosses fingers* lol

I would like to state that all credit to this slider set goes to "Versuz2" check him out on YouTube.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterIVXX
You should have a fairly low-scoring game at the 75 threshold if my theory is correct *crosses fingers* lol

I would like to state that all credit to this slider set goes to "Versuz2" check him out on YouTube.
Yeah, that has been pretty much proven here. A lot of guys have come to the same conclusion. 75 is a happy medium between 50 and 100 thus it is very logical. Slow seems like the best setting because that is what the default speed is. I have been using Bill Harris Sliders and really like them too, but if this can get everyone to play to their ratings, without "boosting" either side then sign me up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »