Home

Bill's Realism Sliders (only Coach Mode for now)

This is a discussion on Bill's Realism Sliders (only Coach Mode for now) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Bill's Realism Sliders (only Coach Mode for now)

new patch is out, fyi bill
Old 09-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 3

just for a bit of info and not trying to be rude or anything but a more realistic nfl game average of total plays from both teams in a game is around 120-140. this is total pass att, rush att, and sacks from both teams= total amount of plays in game. you have to count sacks since they do not count as a pass att, or rush att but only as a sack, although i do believe the old maddens did erronously display sacks as rush att. anyway this is why i play with 15 min qtr, 25 sec runoff, not only do u get more of a realistic nfl avg but your time of possesions stats will be realistic to the rest of the leauge instead of way less then everyone else.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 3

ok i changed my games to 15 min qtr and 15 sec runoff. now getting around 125 plays per game. so i think im going to stick with this. another issue i addressed was high scoring games. even though most of my other stats looked pretty good i was still getting too many points per game. i realized that it has to be because i had the speed threshold too low which allows for big plays. so i adjusted it back to the default 50 and now the scores look more realistic. in other words the best way to test out your sliders is with steady statistics and not racing people around in practice mode until u get something that looks good. not trying to preach at u on your own post bill just trying to share some input to ya
Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #60
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGraduate
I don't want to sound impatient or anything, but are you still working on play mode sliders? If so do you have an ETA?

I played with your sliders last year and they made the game oh so much better so I have been waiting for the past few weeks to see what you came up with for this year. I'm anxious for the time when I can pick my madden back up and finally get into my Lions franchise.

Thanks for your hard work.
You can use the coach sliders for play. Use the same sliders for Human as you do CPU. The more we can get testing out the sliders, the faster we can get a stable set.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 11

Guys, I just posted an update. It's a significant improvement.

However, this is probably going to be the last update before the next major patch. I I had everything almost exactly to the point it needed to be, then 1.2 was released and changed the balance. There's no point in rebalancing every time--I'm just going to wait for the "big" patch to drop and then I'll make a major push to rebalance.

Right now, the offensive totals are still too high, by about 10%. Like I said, I had it almost exactly where I wanted, but 1.2 changed things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Guys, I just posted an update. It's a significant improvement.

However, this is probably going to be the last update before the next major patch. I I had everything almost exactly to the point it needed to be, then 1.2 was released and changed the balance. There's no point in rebalancing every time--I'm just going to wait for the "big" patch to drop and then I'll make a major push to rebalance.

Right now, the offensive totals are still too high, by about 10%. Like I said, I had it almost exactly where I wanted, but 1.2 changed things.
yea good idea, the 2nd patch changes gameplay stuff too
Old 09-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

anyone still using these?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettis36
anyone still using these?
I know Tom is (above poster) in his franchise series. I am actually just about to try them out tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »