Home

how do I stop the dime defense cheese?

This is a discussion on how do I stop the dime defense cheese? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2005, 04:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
how do I stop the dime defense cheese?

Every game I play online, my opponent sits in dime defense every play, and I've tried every run play from all formations but somehow he only allows me to get 1 or 2 yards per carry and the dime is supposed to be horrible against the run but it's not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2005, 05:47 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: how do I stop the dime defense cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpled_heap
Every game I play online, my opponent sits in dime defense every play, and I've tried every run play from all formations but somehow he only allows me to get 1 or 2 yards per carry and the dime is supposed to be horrible against the run but it's not.

Welcome to the wonderfull game of Madden football

Really there is nothing you can do that is one of the biggest problems in Madden, it does not take size, weight momentum into account. Thats why someone can line up in a Dime formation with 5/6 dbs and stop a power running game.

Last edited by Ram209; 02-10-2005 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:24 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

play str8 ppl not cheesers
Old 02-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

or ea can make changes in the game. This flaw been in this game for a few years.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #5
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

I think you can scramble against it with a somewhat fast quarterback or throw some short passes to the tight ends. You may have to have a short passing game turn into your running game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #6
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGators
I think you can scramble against it with a somewhat fast quarterback or throw some short passes to the tight ends. You may have to have a short passing game turn into your running game.

That doesnt work if they have perfected it. What they will do is either blitz corners and play as a DE or spread Dline a QB spy you to stop scrambles.

And the thing about playing str8 players is a farse because unless you get a person that is sim only which is hard to find the majority of the time. The person will resort to playing dime or other tricks.

I have played people who dont cheese all the time but use dime and nickel defenses because Madden wont punish you for doing so.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiggalsu
That doesnt work if they have perfected it. What they will do is either blitz corners and play as a DE or spread Dline a QB spy you to stop scrambles.

And the thing about playing str8 players is a farse because unless you get a person that is sim only which is hard to find the majority of the time. The person will resort to playing dime or other tricks.

I have played people who dont cheese all the time but use dime and nickel defenses because Madden wont punish you for doing so.
Then those ppl aren't 100% str8. You are right, you need to play ppl who are sim (which I consider to be str8). You guys are also right that EA needs to address this. However, with that being said, even if/when this is fixed, football is always going to be a game which gives a head coach alot of options which means people will have a choice to play dumb. So it's not just a limitation of the game, it's a limitation of the coaches you guys are playing. Even with a game that is 100% correct, which we will no doubt ever have, people can abuse the system as long as we're given the option to do so.

So that is why regardless of the issue you guys are having with playing other people, if it concerns any non-sim aspect of significance, you should be looking for better coaches to play against first, not a better game.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I ran into someone like this last night. All he did was run Dime Man or something like that. And took Kearse and used him as a cover guy. It was extremely gay because i couldn't run, and had no time to throw. And you know how good their secondary is. So trying to get rid of it quick didn't work to well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »