Home

Bears VS Lions (POTD).............

This is a discussion on Bears VS Lions (POTD)............. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Bears VS Lions (POTD).............

Here's today Madden 06 play of the day.
http://media.sports.ign.com/articles...82/vids_1.html

The only thing that bothered me wathcing these vids, is that it seems like it was user vs user, and both guy's keep droping back 15 yards and then throwing the ball, Plus there getting there passes off, you can't do this in NCAA 06 or you will get sacked, so I hope it's a slider issue, cause droping back 15 yards and throwing for 30 yards is not cool. Forcing you to stay in the pocket is cool The game must be on pro or somthing cause K.Jones has 13 carries for 144 yards. Damn it if I see the QB throw off his back foot one more time, I'm going to scream.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 07-25-2005 at 09:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 09:21 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Bears VS Lions (POTD).............

i hope madden is better than NCAA.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

That did not look very good. Those videos sucked and very unrealistic. Bears will not be down that much vs the lions
Old 07-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Those videos actually looked pretty good. You have to understand first that the guy using the Bears kept blizing with all of his guys. This lead to the guy using the Lions thowing the ball to his TE who was running a short route. Because the guy using the Bears blitzed majority of his players, there was only one player left to make the tackle. The guy would then click on that player and like an idot press the "hit stick" and miss completely, leading to a 80 yard pass. In another video the guy using the Lions tries to truck stick with a small punt returner and fumbles...Nice!

I am actually impressed by those videos because it shows if you pick a bad defense you will get burned. Nothing in the videos I saw was the fault of the game, it was the faul of the user. I am once again excited of this game!

Last edited by Mossfan8480; 07-25-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:50 PM   #5
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
Those videos actually looked pretty good. You have to understand first that the guy using the Bears kept blizing with all of his guys. This lead to the guy using the Lions thowing the ball to his TE who was running a short route. Because the guy using the Bears blitzed majority of his players, there was only one player left to make the tackle. The guy would then click on that player and like an idot press the "hit stick" and miss completely, leading to a 80 yard pass. In another video the guy using the Lions tries to truck stick with a small punt returner and fumbles...Nice!

I am actually impressed by those videos because it shows if you pick a bad defense you will get burned. Nothing in the videos I saw was the fault of the game, it was the faul of the user. I am once again excited of this game!

what about the QB dropping 15 yards and throwing.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

If the previous two POTD's are any indication, this one's on pro level too. I haven't watched it yet (listening to a baseball game over the net), but it sounds similar to the others from the comments so far.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:42 PM   #7
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

WOW....that was painful to watch.

Dropping back 10-15 yards INSTANTLY on almost every pass play. Things I noticed from the 3 videos I watched (#1, #2, and #5 I think):

#1: the pass to Rodgers for the TD: what was the Bear's DB doing?? I'm not talking about Azumah...I'm talking about the guy right in front of him who doesn't react to the pass AT ALL!!! ...and then Rodgers runs for the TD

#2: Pass to Rodgers, and he does the EA "swivel" and NOBODY REACTS to him. ...and then Rodgers runs to the 0 inch line.

#2: These IGN guys suck! Play-Action from your opponent's ZERO yard line, and you drop back to the 15 yard line?!?!?

#5: The pick by the Bears' DB: he gets the pick, and somehow outruns/avoids/scares 4 or so Lions who have a perfect angle on him and are 10 yards ahead of him on the field. Every guy the user selected to got taken out of the play, and the AI guys just ran parallel to them.

Has this changed this year in NCAA or is it still the same: the EA "I'm kinda running parallel to you" guys? You know, the guys that could tackle you at the 40 (let's say) but instead kinda run at this weird angle alongside you while looking at you and then hit you around the 30? I saw that a bunch in these videos.

If you can't tell....not very impressed. Nothing that made me go "That looks COOL and makes me excited to get this game!"

Go Badgers!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:41 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
what about the QB dropping 15 yards and throwing.
If the guy wasn't blitzing his entire team every play, the passes wouldn't have reached their target. You people have to understand that for some reason IGN feels like they should have their worst players play the game for the movie they put online. Each and every play the guy using the bears would pick engage eight, this lead to the Lions QB dropping back in the pocket to gain sometime because he would always be under pressure. That is the reason why he kept dropping back so far, because he was scared of the pressure from the blitz. However, he never paid for his drop backs in terms of throwing accuracy because he could have missed his target completely considering that his WR is always open due to the enormous blitz. Also don't forget the game is on Pro, you will pay less for you're mistakes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »