Home

Bears VS Lions (POTD).............

This is a discussion on Bears VS Lions (POTD)............. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2005, 04:19 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Bears VS Lions (POTD).............

Something that bothered me was how at the end of the game the Lions just started celebrating and taunting the crowd and pumping their fists. What a bunch of jerks! Heh... but seriously, they should be shaking hands with the other players, not acting like they won the lottery.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:00 PM   #34
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
If the guy wasn't blitzing his entire team every play, the passes wouldn't have reached their target. You people have to understand that for some reason IGN feels like they should have their worst players play the game for the movie they put online. Each and every play the guy using the bears would pick engage eight, this lead to the Lions QB dropping back in the pocket to gain sometime because he would always be under pressure. That is the reason why he kept dropping back so far, because he was scared of the pressure from the blitz. However, he never paid for his drop backs in terms of throwing accuracy because he could have missed his target completely considering that his WR is always open due to the enormous blitz. Also don't forget the game is on Pro, you will pay less for you're mistakes.

That even makes it worse IMO. If they are blitzing all thier players(most of them anyways) there is no way in heck the QB should be able to drop back 15 yards and still get rid of the ball.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:03 PM   #35
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
I think you people missed my point. I was saying that that the QB was not penalized for dropping back too far because when he threw the ball his wide recievers were always wide open due to the enormous blitz that the other guy was sending.

We did people come up with this playing "sim"? If you play "smart" against either guy from IGN you will murder them, easy as that. And remember, it's not easy to gauge how good this game will be from seeing two terrible players verse each other on Pro.
I know what you were saying, it's just not right, IMO.
He never should have had the time to go back 15 yards and still get the ball off with a full on blitz.

Lastly the only way to play "smart" and beat these guys would be to play exactly like them. I mean if a full on blitz is happening and he can still drop way back and get rid of the ball, playing "real" football would be pointless against them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 05:11 PM   #36
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Every year, dont we have this exact same dicussion about IGN guys dropping back 15 yards and playing like 10 year olds? Its DeJaVu to me. We cant get a clear picture of how the game is gonna be based of the vids IGN produces.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Every year, dont we have this exact same dicussion about IGN guys dropping back 15 yards and playing like 10 year olds? Its DeJaVu to me. We cant get a clear picture of how the game is gonna be based of the vids IGN produces.
The funny thing is, when these same IGN guys review the game and give it a 9.4, everyone back here will be happy.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:23 AM   #38
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

well, i figured i'd put my two cents in since it's almost release date, i'm' a Bears fan, and i'm dying to play a football game (although i didn't like the last few Maddens')

anyway.............i'm concerned a lot about the crowd. I know, it's not THE most important thing, but i didn't like how they were very static. In other words, they were pretty much pumped up and cheering almost every second. In the one vid where the Bears recovered a fumble, you could hear the crowd get excited with a group "YEAH" but it almost gets drowned out because the entire intensity level of the crowed was already rediculously higher than normal.
Also, when the Lions scored, i didn't notice the crowd get silent, boo, exhale, or whatever else. It was almost identical to the crowd when the Bears scored, or anything like that. I was just really dissapointed with that and it kind of is something important to me when talknig about having an intelligent audio crowd in any sports game.
Who knows.....maybe in Dolby D it will be better.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:10 AM   #39
MVP

soxboy7's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice to se the Bears represented in a vid...the vids themselves aren't that great though...
Old 07-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #40
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
well, i figured i'd put my two cents in since it's almost release date, i'm' a Bears fan, and i'm dying to play a football game (although i didn't like the last few Maddens')

anyway.............i'm concerned a lot about the crowd. I know, it's not THE most important thing, but i didn't like how they were very static. In other words, they were pretty much pumped up and cheering almost every second. In the one vid where the Bears recovered a fumble, you could hear the crowd get excited with a group "YEAH" but it almost gets drowned out because the entire intensity level of the crowed was already rediculously higher than normal.
Also, when the Lions scored, i didn't notice the crowd get silent, boo, exhale, or whatever else. It was almost identical to the crowd when the Bears scored, or anything like that. I was just really dissapointed with that and it kind of is something important to me when talknig about having an intelligent audio crowd in any sports game.
Who knows.....maybe in Dolby D it will be better.
I noticed that in the Cheifs video...the sound could use a huge boost...either that or improve the crowd AI...alas, it may be too late now. Isn't the game done?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »