Home

Would You Recommend Waiting For 360?

This is a discussion on Would You Recommend Waiting For 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2005, 09:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Would You Recommend Waiting For 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
This needs to stop, everyone is saying this over and over again, it might not be much of a difference. I'm not attacking you, I just think there needs to be some huge announcemnt that...

Madden 360 will have a new game engine. If you are looking to save money...you can just wait till Madden 360 comes out, and there you will most likely have your best bet.

And the "better graphics" is not being taken seriously enough. Do you not remember how big the enhancements were from..atari to nintendo? Then a minor upgrade to Super Nintendo? THEN the generation of Nintendo 64 and Playstation? Then now Playstaion 2 and XBox? Now everyone is just looking at XBOX 360 and PS3 like...oh...just an upgrade in graphics. Seriously, it's more than that. Would you want to go back to your Playstation if a game had better gameplay? Seriously?

Most people don't know how good Madden graphics are on PC...here...

So yeah...just wait if you want to save money.

You can buy NFL 2k5 if you want and do that...but I think you lookin to just get one game.

Where is your proof that Madden 2006 XBOX 360 will have a different engine?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:12 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
What is your reasoning for always bashing Madden? I don't go into NFL 2k5 forum and bash it. To be honest I enjoyed NFL 2k5 over Madden 2005, however I enjoy 06 gameplay over NFL 2k5. Really I haven't ever seen ONE single postive post from you of Madden.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:15 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briman123
What is your reasoning for always bashing Madden? I don't go into NFL 2k5 forum and bash it. To be honest I enjoyed NFL 2k5 over Madden 2005, however I enjoy 06 gameplay over NFL 2k5. Really I haven't ever seen ONE single postive post from you of Madden.

I did not bash the game, I asked a question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 09:18 PM   #12
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

is there any "PROOF" yet? no. however, typically in fact pretty much always when there is a change in console generations then the development teams start from scratch with an entirely new game engine.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-15-2005, 09:19 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
Not that hard to use common sense...first...why would Microsoft let EA release the same game as XBOX and PS2 as a launch game for 360? Did you not see the preview video for Next Gen? Use common sense...do you even know how much more the graphics are suppose to be upgraded? At that level, it should be pretty obvious that that sim engine will be new...Look...

http://sports.ign.com/articles/616/616081p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...w_6125625.html

Read those two articles, if you're still in denial just wait till september till they start releasing a lot more news for the game. Right now they are obviously concentrating on Madden 06 for XBOX and PS2...thats the obvious smart thing to do...no?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #14
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

I was told by EA that, "Madden NFL 06 for the Xbox 360 will take full advantage of the hardware's capabilities" Take that FWIW.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 08-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereliched
is there any "PROOF" yet? no. however, typically in fact pretty much always when there is a change in console generations then the development teams start from scratch with an entirely new game engine.

That article basically tells you that there is a new engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 09:26 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
Not that hard to use common sense...first...why would Microsoft let EA release the same game as XBOX and PS2 as a launch game for 360? Did you not see the preview video for Next Gen? Use common sense...do you even know how much more the graphics are suppose to be upgraded? At that level, it should be pretty obvious that that sim engine will be new...Look...

http://sports.ign.com/articles/616/616081p1.html

Read those two articles, if you're still in denial just wait till september till they start releasing a lot more news for the game. Right now they are obviously concentrating on Madden 06 for XBOX and PS2...thats the obvious smart thing to do...no?

I do not think it will be the exact same game and certainly the graphics will be better, but it is unlikely that Microsoft would require EA to use a new game engine. They can easily update the graphics using the same animations and game engine. It would be much less expensive this way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »