Home

Would You Recommend Waiting For 360?

This is a discussion on Would You Recommend Waiting For 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2005, 09:30 PM   #17
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Would You Recommend Waiting For 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...w_6125625.html

That article basically tells you that there is a new engine.
yeah, i absolutely believe that there will be a new game engine when 2006 comes out for 360. it should blow this consoles engine out of the water i am thinking or hoping atleast.
personally what i am doing is trying to milk 2k5 for all its worth and see if i can hold out on buying madden 2006 for a while, atleast until i can get it for a bit cheaper and if possible wait til the next consoles come out before i buy my next madden game.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I do not think it will be the exact same game and certainly the graphics will be better, but it is unlikely that Microsoft would require EA to use a new game engine. They can easily update the graphics using the same animations and game engine. It would be much less expensive this way.
Damn, you are a straight *****. They CAN easily do that but they're not. It's probably not a requirement, but I don't think Microsoft would want them to do that, especially on a launch game. EA and Microsoft had some hard feelins in the past. Plus that would be an extremely dumb move by EA...EA would need to gain a bigger crowd of fans for the new generation. And EA would be helpin Microsoft for giving people a reason to get the 360, other than graphics.

Please man...stop hatin.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:34 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereliched
yeah, i absolutely believe that there will be a new game engine when 2006 comes out for 360. it should blow this consoles engine out of the water i am thinking or hoping atleast.
personally what i am doing is trying to milk 2k5 for all its worth and see if i can hold out on buying madden 2006 for a while, atleast until i can get it for a bit cheaper and if possible wait til the next consoles come out before i buy my next madden game.
Yeah, whatever works for you. I mean ESPN is a great game no doubt, but I would imagine this would be the last year you'd play NFL 2k5 because the new gen would just bring a new generation of videogaming...and playing NFL 2k5 would be like me playing Gameday still. (that game was the **** BTW).

Whatever fits you man....different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:35 PM   #20
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Actually, that article says, "The EA Sports folks were only intent on talking about the look of the game, and said that details on how the game will unfold on the field, as well as any additional features, are still forthcoming." That was indeed the line at E3. Talk of gameplay was pretty much glossed over.

They say that because of Microsoft. EA told me the line of, "will take full advantage of the hardware's capabilities" they say that cryptically on purpose. They can't say much else right now. Taking full advantage of the hardware could mean a lot of different things. It could mean that the graphics will blow us away but that the underlying gameplay is the same. Or it could mean that the game will play nothing like Madden 06 Xbox/Ps2. I find that highly unlikely. Or it could mean a little of both. Many of the core Madden elements will undoubtedly be in the 360 version. EA Sports is NOT going to release a 360 launch title that will be foreign to core Madden fans. It may look like nothing like we have seen, visually, but still share some common ground with what madden fans are used to. That doesn't mean it won't play better than the Xbox version but to expect a total 180 is, IMO, incorrect.

One thing is clear: it's going to look a heck of a lot better.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 08-15-2005, 09:42 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Actually, that article says, "The EA Sports folks were only intent on talking about the look of the game, and said that details on how the game will unfold on the field, as well as any additional features, are still forthcoming." That was indeed the line at E3. Talk of gameplay was pretty much glossed over.

They say that because of Microsoft. EA told me the line of, "will take full advantage of the hardware's capabilities" they say that cryptically on purpose. They can't say much else right now. Taking full advantage of the hardware could mean a lot of different things. It could mean that the graphics will blow us away but that the underlying gameplay is the same. Or it could mean that the game will play nothing like Madden 06 Xbox/Ps2. I find that highly unlikely. Or it could mean a little of both. Many of the core Madden elements will undoubtedly be in the 360 version. EA Sports is NOT going to release a 360 launch title that will be foreign to core Madden fans. It may look like nothing like we have seen, visually, but still share some common ground with what madden fans are used to. That doesn't mean it won't play better than the Xbox version but to expect a total 180 is, IMO, incorrect.

One thing is clear: it's going to look a heck of a lot better.
I mean to a point you'd think EA would redo the engine...but from the New Gen Preview video...you'd think it's a brand new game.

Why wouldn't they launch a title that will be "foreign" to core Madden fans? It's a brand new game, and if it's better, it shouldn't matter. It's a BRAND NEW SYSTEM...why would they try and keep it the same?

They are keeping the gameplay on the dlow as we can see, but from the video preview...the engine looks a lot more different. Look, it's a brand new system, only common sense would tell you the system would allow the programmers to make a much more fluid game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 09:47 PM   #22
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Just pointing out that common sense isn't all that common when it comes to EA. Sometimes it doesn't seem like they test much at all (Madden 2004, NCAA 2005). Sometimes it seems like they test a lot (Madden 2003, NCAA 2004).

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #23
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

This turned into a Madden vs. 2K5 war. Madden '06 is cool, but I wish I would have saved my $50 to put towards Madden 360 instead.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:03 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Look at it this way.. The 360 version of Madden is only 3 months from release.. meaning they're polishing it up now.. That said - we haven't seen a thing about it. Why? Because EA thinks that if they show what they've got on 360, XBOX/PS2 Madden sales will take a hit. There's a reason we have absolutely no information about 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »