Home

agree or disagree?...**long read**

This is a discussion on agree or disagree?...**long read** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #73
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: agree or disagree?...**long read**

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Hmmm...10.5 months since EA outbid the competition for the NFL license.

You'd think some of you would get over it by now- or realize that your own personal brand of board-whining on the Madden boards wouldn't make a difference on the grand scale of things.

I wish the NFL allowed for multiple licensees- but that was not the case.

It is what it is. Move on. Have some respect for the people who do come to these forums who don't quite feel like EA ran over their family dog with an SUV, or have moved on emotionally since.

Grow up.
If that's the case than you got to understand that people will bash the hell out of Madden until it makes them forget about 2K. Most 2K gamers pretty much stuck in the ESPN NFL forum with the occasional ESPN/Madden debate in either one. Now that there favorite game is no more, they have begun to sunk their teeth into the only NFL game in town. It BETTER make them forget about 2K5.

That just comes with the territory. They got the NFL license and with it alot of pissed 2K fans.

And if you don't like it.......

Get over it.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #74
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
If that's the case than you got to understand that people will bash the hell out of Madden until it makes them forget about 2K. Most 2K gamers pretty much stuck in the ESPN NFL forum with the occasional ESPN/Madden debate in either one. Now that there favorite game is no more, they have begun to sunk their teeth into the only NFL game in town. It BETTER make them forget about 2K5.

That just comes with the territory. They got the NFL license and with it alot of pissed 2K fans.

Get over it.

Naw man, 2K fans are sopposed to "respect" the ppl who love the Madden series and STFU. LOL.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 32

Wow, this was posted by SM27. I used to read his stuff and I didnt even own the game anymore. I agree with his original post but I am a cynical type. How the heck did they ship the game with the punt glitch but oh well I am waiting for the impressions of the XBOX 360. I wont buy but it will be hot on these boards.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #76
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky

Get over it.
So- what you are saying is since the NFL auctioned off the NFL rights to EA, they are going to make it your mission in life to be total a**es on the OS Madden forums in retaliation?

Nice.

Don't forget your binky, 2K fanboys.

Last edited by quietcool72; 10-10-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with him. Looking at the x360 videos of madden it really seems like they have continued their downward trend of just adding some more shinyness at higher resolutions instead of actually making the game flow and play realistically.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #78
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
What in the hell are you talking about man. Did you get all of that from my post? I feel like I'm talking to a remedial student. Why dont you do yourself a favor and dont respond to my post since you feel I'm such a "troll" as you once called me.

Forreal though man, you seem to be tryna spark some type of debate with me that I'm not even tryna get into. I think you're the one that has the growing up to do.
Ah yes- I need to grow up.
Because I'm the one posting "EA sux" everyday for 10.5 months on the OS Madden boards.

Love your logic.

You need a binky too?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #79
All Star

OVR: 32

Guys, I'm warning both of you. Drop this or I'm locking this thread.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #80
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
There's a reason it is different here in OS.

I don't frequent MaddenMania, but you pointed out that it is full of "fanboys". So when you say they sm27 got a ton more in agreement there than here at OS, I could understand why that would be......but, I'm guessing that it doesn't get out of hand. On OS...the majority understand that EA has been naughty and that Madden wasn't up to snuff compared to 2K. Of course you have some who enjoy it and love it. But I sense the majority think it can be much, much better.

But there is a big faction of people in here who push things to the edge of ridiculousness in terms of how much they cannot stand EA and Madden, or, in alot of cases, HATE EA and Madden. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out.

No matter what EA does with Madden, even when they implement something good from 2K, it gets sh*tted on right away. Nothing EA does is right and they could burn in hell for all eternity. Now, I could understand thinking that way....but to post it constantly over and over and over and over again...it has gotten so monotonous. It's the same thing day in, day out. The same people with the same bashing on a daily basis. And what it has done it gotten people who actually like Madden a little bit to jaw back and forth with these anti-EA folk. I think it has even gotten to the point where 2K fans are arguing with these bashers. I'm one of them. I don't necessarily argue with them because it's just a videogame to me, but I like 2K games plenty. I bought 2K5 last year and didn't even bother with Madden, because I see a raw deal when it is in my face. But I didn't come on here and get mad and nasty at people because Madden looked like the same game as the year before. And to see the posts in this forum makes me cringe. I mean, do these people get tired of posting the same stuff every day and night? I know I would.

So when I hear from someone that OS is a 2K/TT/VC site, I could see why they would say so. Because it seem like alot of the 2K people are on this board. And it shows. I, for one, liked NBA 2K5 alot. One of two b-ball games I got last year (the other being CH2K5). But alot of people said it wasn't good, even the 2K folk. But it did not get bashed and torn into. NBA Live, on the other hand, got ripped plenty.

Just my observation.
I think you misunderstood my post... the hostility toward EA is FAR FAR FAR worse at MM than it is here. Far worse. It's not close. I'm saying that people here have accused MM of being nothing but fanboys, but more people are arguing against sm27 here than at MM, where the concensus is that sm27 is right and EA is evil.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »