Home

New Video Grahics Interview

This is a discussion on New Video Grahics Interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 06:22 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: New Video Grahics Interview

anyone alittle upset that theyd go the route of creating something so stupid and unrealistic as to show off their "pretty" graphics. it takes everything away from what i thought their goal was. you dont go the easy route and go out of your way to make something. work within the context of "realism" and get it right
Old 07-31-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
anyone alittle upset that theyd go the route of creating something so stupid and unrealistic as to show off their "pretty" graphics. it takes everything away from what i thought their goal was. you dont go the easy route and go out of your way to make something. work within the context of "realism" and get it right
Im fed up with them..EA doesnt realize its the little things..You know how much better the game would be if:
ESPN Presentation, do what 2k did..everyone will be raving about it.
Refs..It adds realism to the field
Chain Gain

And watch some damn football..EA proves for some reason they dont. Have they ever had the rule were you cant run out of bounds and be the first one to catch the ball? No i dont think they have...And dont even start with the challenge system..Its awful.

In a way Ruben I am upset, EA doesnt care..And you can tell
Old 07-31-2006, 06:36 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

im just disappointed that they make the title of a truely on the field true to life experience, but then go out of their way to create the inflatable helmets/celebration opening, which goes against everything they said they wanted. They seem to be doing it because they know they have great graphics and this over the top presentation will cover that all too well.
where as they couldve worked alittle harder, imo, and found a way to incorporate the great graphics with a on the field intro, without selling out. selling out in regards to them saying they want a sim feel but then they give us this.

again it boils down to focus. they could be focusing on realistic ways to make it feel just right or ways to fully utitlize their 360 degree headscans but dont.

Its definetly better than nothing, but they always go in a different direction than what common sense says they could be doing

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 07-31-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 06:40 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

If they didn't put intros in, you guys would be crying over that. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Not too long ago it was "Just get the gameplay right, please. quit adding stuff when the gameplay is screwed up"

Quote:
In a way Ruben I am upset, EA doesnt care..And you can tell
we couldn't tell by your countless gripes. you are selling your 360 because you don't have time to play it, yet you have time to gripe about Madden every day.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:40 PM   #13

OVR: 34

I'm having mixed feelings with it. They actually took comments from other interviews, but really what they keep boasting about is going to get old real fast. Inflated helmets with fireworks in the intros will be one dimensional without some good commentary. I guarantee those intros will be skipped frequently.

The game looks great. There's still some ice-skating going on and some poor collision detection, but it is looking better. You can see a lot of NCAA things going on. More and more you see how they introduced it in NCAA and will max it out in Madden.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:41 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

John Madden would never lend his name to an inferior product.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
If they didn't put intros in, you guys would be crying over that. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Not too long ago it was "Just get the gameplay right, please. quit adding stuff when the gameplay is screwed up"

we couldn't tell by your countless gripes. you are selling your 360 because you don't have time to play it, yet you have time to gripe about Madden every day.
Not really. they dont seem to have any context of a middle ground. They may get it right eventually, all the while taking 2-3 years.. just see jump the snap or the crowds affecting players too much in older NCAA games, even NBA live with crazy off. rebounds one year, then not enough later on. More with nba live, you have the hopstep effectiveness etc.. THey all get ironed out eventually.

The initial over the top idea of the helmets seemed to under emphasis their main goal of providing a realistic on field experience.. Again, over the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #16

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Its definetly better than nothing, but they always go in a different direction than what common sense says they could be doing
I agree 100%. I was looking at the titles of those guys just to see exactly what they do. Senior this, Executive that, and in the back of my head I'm thinking, "Do these guys really have a clue as to what really should be in the game?"

Again, yes the game looks great and will definately be fun to play, but the external things are really akward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »