Home

New Video Grahics Interview

This is a discussion on New Video Grahics Interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 06:50 PM   #17
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: New Video Grahics Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
If they didn't put intros in, you guys would be crying over that. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Not too long ago it was "Just get the gameplay right, please. quit adding stuff when the gameplay is screwed up"

we couldn't tell by your countless gripes. you are selling your 360 because you don't have time to play it, yet you have time to gripe about Madden every day.
Im sorry I like realistic football..Maybe you dont.

And considering the madden forum is the one least visited by me, im sure i gripe about it everyday..Yeah thats what i do...

And you can tell EA doesnt care..the countless things that should be in the game arent. And if your going to make blown up helmets..Atleast make them like the real teams have. The bears dont come out of there helmet.

Last edited by Kevin26385; 07-31-2006 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hey I have a suggestion:

Why dont the people at EA just make this game have the best looking animations and excellent looking refs and even a chain gang with a chain that measures EXACTLY 10 yards, plus, why not bring in an ambulance when someone gets hurt on the field like in the old school days! Maybe they should just not focus on gameplay and take all the time on animations and refs and nets. I mean come on, thats all the people on OS talk about anyways. Who cares if the gameplay sucks as long as the people get what they want!

Quit cryin about the game. We havent even played it yet. I have concluded we could be the most pessimistic website known.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:03 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool

Quit cryin about the game. We havent even played it yet. I have concluded we could be the most pessimistic website known.
c'mon man. we're talking about a trivial over the top intro to the game,, thats all. it wont make or break a purchase.

dont we have a right or privelenge to second guess EA's decisions when we heard they were sticking with a realistic on field presentation, and then see this.

if no one questions why the hell its in there, theres no innovation and changes.

This is on the same field as when 2k7 comes out and steve nash licks his hands EVERY trip up court (just my guess). atleast developers would want to know what works and what doesnt
Old 07-31-2006, 07:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well I am just saying about 80% of peoples posts are just about them crying about one feature that supposibly will RUIN the game. Like yes, I agree with most that the shotgun sound is ********, but it does not make the game any different to me. I am sure I will get use to it and eventually not even notice it. But you dont see me in every post crying about how terrible this is.

I also think that people should stop complaining about EA and how much work they put into all this. Unless you are a programmer and know exactly what they do and not do, then you should stay off their backs.

Sorry I have to vent. I am just sick of getting on OS and reading about all the whining going on. If indeed it is a terrible game and everything sucks about it, then I take back what I say.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #21
EA Game Changer

Homey they do put alot of work into..yes, But do you know how many corners they cut in the process?

Look at this, from madden planet ( this is from the community day that just happend)
Quote:
Additionally to that, we had a lengthy explanation from Ian Cummings about how they plan in future years to get away from the random penalty calling - in other words a holding penalty being called when there is no holding (and you can see from looking at the replay that there was no holding). He made it clear that in future years penalties will be based on precisely what happens on the field so if you have a clipping penalty called against you when you check the replay you will see the clipping foul for yourself. And a holding penalty will be because there really was a hold.
Thats cutting huge corners, EA should be ashamed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 PM   #22
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

The graphics look good but i wish the presentation and layouts were better.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:56 PM   #23
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

As far as those intros go...while they will be skipped after probably ten games, they are NOT over the top. That is how the Cleveland Browns come out onto the field for every home game. They have BOTH the inflatable helmet and pyrotechnics that shoot into the air.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:15 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
anyone alittle upset that theyd go the route of creating something so stupid and unrealistic as to show off their "pretty" graphics. it takes everything away from what i thought their goal was. you dont go the easy route and go out of your way to make something. work within the context of "realism" and get it right
What do you mean by the graphics part? I thought most people wanted improved graphics. This year's game on next-gen is stunning to me. I know this, if the graphics sucked then that's all people would be talking about. I thought they were going to add real commentary and TV style presentation though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »