Home

Single Player Experience.....

This is a discussion on Single Player Experience..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #25
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Single Player Experience.....

Bottom line, they cant please everyone. And they are running a business, and money talks in business. They cater to the latest and greatest innovations, the"please me now" crowd. THey want to make it more accessible and a quicker experience. I think EA should be praised foe a step up in the gaming level dept. They have made it to where the game can be played and experienced based on what you are looking for, from casual gamer to hardcore.

Now, i still want my franchise and everything taht comes with it, but lets not freak out just yet. Lets wait till we hear more before we decide if we should bring pitchforks or flowers to EA's office.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #26
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Unhappy Re: Single Player Experience.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Bottom line, they cant please everyone. And they are running a business, and money talks in business. They cater to the latest and greatest innovations, the"please me now" crowd. THey want to make it more accessible and a quicker experience. I think EA should be praised foe a step up in the gaming level dept. They have made it to where the game can be played and experienced based on what you are looking for, from casual gamer to hardcore.

Now, i still want my franchise and everything taht comes with it, but lets not freak out just yet. Lets wait till we hear more before we decide if we should bring pitchforks or flowers to EA's office.
I'm with you but when you integrate online franchises I would ASSUME that you have a solid offline franchise. We have no choice but to wait.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #27
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts

Oh I'm waiting, and my various posts have been very supportive overall. I'm not getting the pitchfork as of yet. I'm just expressing how critical this is regarding my purchasing choice. Mine alone. But here's scenario that I don't understand why they couldn't do. Phil made the comment that HC wasn't supposed to be their franchise mode (MM forums). I'd actually ask, why not? I would pay for an upgrade that let my games fuse, especially if it 1) would help to free up space for the future of the main game and 2) it worked with all future versions of Madden. It could be done. I give you 5v5 on Fifa to show that you can add an entire mode post-ship and also that Fifa Manager was fused to the main Fifa game. I'm sure that they could make a far deeper integration between both titles. And that would go a long way in making both parties happy. But they should get the main game the best it can be as a stand alone.

P.S. that fusion with a forward compatible aspect would allow us to bring our franchises intact to a future title as well.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #28
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I agree, we may find out today that offline franchise rocks, its the best thing since sliced bread, or we may find out that the only changes are an updated sim engine (which is better than nothing). Id like for everyone to win, the online, the offline, the casuals, the hardcore gamers......and i think we are heading the right way.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #29
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Oh I'm waiting, and my various posts have been very supportive overall. I'm not getting the pitchfork as of yet. I'm just expressing how critical this is regarding my purchasing choice. Mine alone. But here's scenario that I don't understand why they couldn't do. Phil made the comment that HC wasn't supposed to be their franchise mode (MM forums). I'd actually ask, why not? I would pay for an upgrade that let my games fuse, especially if it 1) would help to free up space for the future of the main game and 2) it worked with all future versions of Madden. It could be done. I give you 5v5 on Fifa to show that you can add an entire mode post-ship and also that Fifa Manager was fused to the main Fifa game. I'm sure that they could make a far deeper integration between both titles. And that would go a long way in making both parties happy. But they should get the main game the best it can be as a stand alone.
That's what they should do but I just don't get it. Especially when the lead producer on HC was the producer for Madden's franchise mode on previous games. I don't get it but damn if they combine both of those they wouldn't have to worry about the franchise mode for a good while. Even if you have to purchase then separately. That type of depth I feel is worth paying for as long as its compatible with Madden.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #30
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm with you guys. 95% of my gaming is single player franchise mode. I have been really frustrated lately with the direction of Madden because of the way things appeared to be headed, especially on the 360/PS3. I felt they were catering too much towards the online/tourney gamers, and moving away from in-depth single player mode. I want all the bells and whistles. I want the pre-game, halftime and end-of game show w/ highlights. I want the cutscenes or at least various camera angles and tv-style presentation full of stat overlays and team analysis. I want a sportscenter type weekly show throughout the season. I understand some people feel that it gets stale after awhile... but all they have to do is give the option to bypass these cutscenes, replays, highlights, etc. I'm sure there are still a ton of people that still enjoy this type of depth and immersion. I also want teams to play more like their real life counterpart. The Ravens with a solid D, the high powered Indy O, the punishing run game of the Jags, etc. I want playoff and Superbowl atmosphere and intensity. I'm tired of these ADD players that are in such a hurry to get to the next play, that they can't be bothered with the details of what IMO makes a ok or good game, a great game.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #31
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

We're all on the same page. I hope Ian is reading this and relaying it to the Franchise lead producer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm right there with you guys. If I play 10 online games a year I've blown my expected quota out of the water.

For me it's all about building a team and taking them the distance. I'm actually happy that the Bears had a bad 2007 season because it means I'll have my favorite team to work on for a few years.

I admit, the SportsCenter shows get a little old for me. Unless they can do them so well that they aren't just rehashings every time you watch them then I do tend to skip them. But presentation in the games themselves and things like atmosphere for playoffs and the Super Bowl are huge for me.

A bit more presentation during the draft would be nice as well. It only happens once a season so I don't think it would get old very fast, and it would just add that special something to the game. Even just showing some fan reactions to picks would be a nice addition.

I'd also like to see more of a combine added. Have the CPU run the players through the drills and use their potential and other ratings to base their performance. You can choose to watch certain players (which results in a better scouting report) or you can just get a report at the end of the day telling you how each of the players did in their drills that day. Break it up just like the combine does, a different day for a different position.

It's either add this stuff to Madden or truly make Madden and Head Coach symbiotic. At the end of a Madden season you can export to Head Coach, manage your off season and then import back into Madden to play the games. You don't need Head Coach control during the season (though it could be cool) but even just allowing you to tweak things in the off season would be a HUGE step.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »