Home

Seriously, whats all the fuss about?

This is a discussion on Seriously, whats all the fuss about? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #105
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Seriously, whats all the fuss about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Kinda like how we shouldn't doubt the NCAA guy when he told us that title was fixed. All I see so far from people who have the game, is a lack of CPU deep ball, stupid CPU play calling, too many user interceptions, ******** running AI, and kickoff/punt returns that end up giving ridiculous field position every time. I was told none of these would be an issue in '09. The same garbage over and over again, so - forgive me if I doubt Ian just a little.

It's hard to stay calm when you either have to pay $50 for garbage that has to be patched, or spend another year having no football to play.

But I am basing my worries/complaints around last year, and the disappointing reviews of NCAA... and yes, as ''pretty'' as NCAA might be, all of those issues equal out to a bad game, at least to me. So, you're right - we can only wait and see. But no weather changes, or stadium shots will make up for another year of crappy CPU game play/******** draft/fa logic.
I understand your frustation and your skepticism, now lets move on and wait to play the game ourselves.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #106
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Would you prefer no one from EA showed up and ignored the hard core fan base or would you prefer someone like Ian telling it like it is and helping individuals making a decision on whether they purchase 09 or not? I think we gained a lot of info with Ian being here, regardless where he works.

It's pretty obvious where his check comes from.
umm... Did I say I didnt want him coming here, or that it was 'bad'??

Is it obvious? reading thru this and other threads I feel some people think hes here on some altruistic endeavor.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #107
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
umm... Did I say I didnt want him coming here, or that it was 'bad'??

Is it obvious? reading thru this and other threads I feel some people think hes here on some altruistic endeavor.
Oh, I agree, but there are others here that don't think he is on an altruistic endeavor as well.

It slices both ways.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #108
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Oh, I agree, but there are others here that don't think he is on an altruistic endeavor as well.

It slices both ways.
Glad to hear it.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #109
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Kinda like how we shouldn't doubt the NCAA guy when he told us that title was fixed. All I see so far from people who have the game, is a lack of CPU deep ball, stupid CPU play calling, too many user interceptions, ******** running AI, and kickoff/punt returns that end up giving ridiculous field position every time. I was told none of these would be an issue in '09. The same garbage over and over again, so - forgive me if I doubt Ian just a little.
Anti Honor,
Personally I'd prefer that you NOT buy the game, because the last thing I want is for people to feel like I've misled them. I've said it a bunch of times before, but I am definitely NOT here to sell people on buying our games. I'm here to make our games better. You do have every right to be guarded about your purchase...and I'd actually rather you rent it and try it for yourself than have you feel burned for buying one if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Key point though...for NCAA 09, I personally don't think I ever said that any of those would NOT be issues in 09 outside of
"less overall turnovers". Did someone else say it? Because if you have posts citing me on that, please let me know.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #110
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

While in my life I have had causes and trust me I have posted in many of forums here, 2k whatsoever so anyone who sees my words that I am about to put down..know my many names on the forums..I tell the Truth. I will be honest during my years I have

A. woke up and realized EA and 2k are a business

B. Began self evaluation and been one with the self created: THE Smart Consumer

So I have come to the point that loyalty to either 2k or EA or ubisoft or midway etc... is useless because frankly whether certain people like to hear it or not on here? I could care less either way.

If the company produces goods I'm there to get it either or lesser of two evils whatever sounds good. This makes me smarter as I am gaining knowledge and being older now I don't have people buy games for me anymore because I know what work is and have done it or a 10 year old who post self proclaimed actions on forums to get a following because I have a low self esteem in my choosing of products and my own will power. These things are called "progressions" so to pave the way I'm letting It be known who this next paragraph is for.

This is for the self rightous, self absorbed, sycophants who travel threads with no cause no sense of common sense, no personal sense of priority who feel that it is their duty to go and create threads to proclaim a psuedo revolution train in which they will derail almost every single year or move out of because it looses fire and strength. These people however consider it their duty to go around and make snark remarks not because it effects them until something happens. But does it because its the popular thing to do.

Now im not throwing stones in my time I have called EA out on many things in the past on forums created threads and everything. Frankly because There was no sense of progression and no sense of communication with the assumption that EA did not care. Now when I made arguments and viewed the options and weighed the views of the situation My views came to that frankly because I knew for a split second that If EA came to me and allowed me the chance to help? I'm doing it because its all for me not because of loyalty but because they earned my money. If it changes? Then my thoughts about this company changes. but so far so good its a long road to get back to what it once was but eh..at least its going up the hill.

now I did that because it served a purpose. However, You clowns and your agendas don't serve a purpose. Frankly because I again am not the oldest bat in the dugout but I am not the youngest either. I've been on this earth long enough to know sometimes the juice just isn't worth the squeese. So with that being said. You clowns consider it your duty to be posers and make psuedo self confident claims such as" sucker" your falling for it" I havent brought madden since" and " your a zombie". News flash This isnt a cause for dafur put your passion into something that has a purpose and is going somewhere for once in your life and feel the excitement from that. When I did that? it had a purpose it had a cause. I complained, I criticized and then had the balls to call EA in august and tell them of their faults.

You see? everything in life has a purpose or an outcome. When you don't? its a useless cause and your just typing to look at your own words when your post reply. I've seen so many who say "im not gonna buy" I'm gonna rent. with no backing like mine did. I had reasons. when those reasons were fulfiled I pre-ordered , pre-purchased and now am waiting 6 days later. You clowns on the other hand create accounts take time out of your life in which you could be helping this society and being an extremist like your fighting for world peace or registering to vote(which is more important than a $90 disc in which you will trade in 11 months from now). wake up? and do something with your life. Because when you make threads and reply post that talks about something in which you were gonna do in the first place to just be noticed and talked about. You lose the purpose...Sometimes the juice isnt worth the squeese.. Either buy it or please for the love of GOD do something worth the effort in this 4 letter word called LIFE.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15

Last edited by mastershake88; 07-08-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:46 AM   #111
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Where's a mod when you need them? This is the perfect spot to end a thread. Finis........

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 01:49 AM   #112
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Where's a mod when you need them? This is the perfect spot to end a thread. Finis........
Good idea.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »