Home

New and More Sliders!!

This is a discussion on New and More Sliders!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #49
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: New and More Sliders!!

I would definitely understand if there are no cpu sliders with Madden IQ being active, but they should be there is you turn it off. Awaiting confirmation about this.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:36 PM   #50
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I would definitely understand if there are no cpu sliders with Madden IQ being active, but they should be there is you turn it off. Awaiting confirmation about this.
Agreed. I could handle that. Disappointing to not have that extra level of customization, but I'll take the sliders over the split up levels.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:38 PM   #51
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I just wish Phil or Ian would let us know for sure, rather know now if they aren't there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #52
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Let me clarify:

Under the difficulty settings you can play Rookie, All Pro, All Madden, etc. Just like always. If you choose those you cannot edit anything (meaning the human sliders). They are preset. You can't even view them.

If you choose the "My Skill" setting, that one edits the sliders according to your Madden Test score.

If you choose Custom difficulty you can tweak the human sliders at your leisure. This is what I did. I see no way of turning "off" the IQ thing. You can use that be selecting My Skill as your diff lvl.

And no, I don't see any CPU sldiers, just stuff for the human player.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-31-2008, 06:42 PM   #53
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
I just wish Phil or Ian would let us know for sure, rather know now if they aren't there.
If theyre not in, why on earth would they tell anyone?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon13 Re: New and More Sliders!!

Yeah, Fred over at sportsgamer claims the same thing about "sliders". EA took them out cuz of the IQ thing, typical EA, put something "new" in, take something old out....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #55
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Let me clarify:

Under the difficulty settings you can play Rookie, All Pro, All Madden, etc. Just like always. If you choose those you cannot edit anything (meaning the human sliders). They are preset. You can't even view them.

If you choose the "My Skill" setting, that one edits the sliders according to your Madden Test score.

If you choose Custom difficulty you can tweak the human sliders at your leisure. This is what I did. I see no way of turning "off" the IQ thing. You can use that be selecting My Skill as your diff lvl.

And no, I don't see any CPU sldiers, just stuff for the human player.
Well if that's the case that's really unacceptable. Unless the impressions on the board here regarding gameplay are overwhelmingly positive on default settings I'll pass. I can understand things from last gen not being in, I've never really harped on that, but when perfectly fine and working features are starting to disappear from the next-gen games it really turns me off.

I can't handle the inconsistency from the football games, sure they add new things but then I never know what they're going to take out or screw up. This time it seems in cpu sliders that it is an essential part of my gameplay experience.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 07-31-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #56
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Well if that's the case that's really unacceptable. Unless the impressions on the board here regarding gameplay are overwhelming I'll pass.
I'm afraid I'll have to second that. There are lot of things I"ll live without... CPU sliders are not one of them. That's a game killer.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »