Home

New and More Sliders!!

This is a discussion on New and More Sliders!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:47 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New and More Sliders!!

Bill, said that IQ thing cant be turned off, I remember reading in the developers thread stating that you could turn the IQ off and play the old normal way, but if all the settings are locked when you choose, Rockie, All Pro, Madden settings and you cant adjust any sliders, man I dont know?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #58
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Sigh

So Bill if I understand then you didn't even play using the IQ feature. So the feature they are touting for making the game challenging for everyone you can't really comment on. So we have no impressions if game play is good using that feature.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:49 PM   #59
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Thats it... someone should get fired for this... i dont care who... heck the guy that gets everyone coffee.... just fire someone.... i'm gonna go lie down and dream of a better madden....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:51 PM   #60
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Not saying Bill is incorrect or trying to undermine him in any way, but I would love to get confirmation from one of the developers before this place goes nuclear. If cpu sliders are there or Madden IQ can be turned off it's definitely not presented in a clear way because Bill or Fred over at SG can't seem to find the option.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #61
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Not saying Bill is incorrect or trying to undermine him in any way, but I would love to get confirmation from one of the developers before this place goes nuclear. If cpu sliders are there or Madden IQ can be turned off it's definitely not presented in a clear way because Bill or Fred over at SG can't seem to find the option.
This thread has been at the top of the forum for a while and I can see they have been online by looking at the user list below the forum. I think the silence is your answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #62
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

What would lead them to the conclusion that this would be a good idea? The "adaptive AI" can still be pushed as a new innovative feature without the removal of CPU sliders, can it not?
My head hurts........

I can hear the cancelling of Pre-Orders from here.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:58 PM   #63
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
Sigh

So Bill if I understand then you didn't even play using the IQ feature. So the feature they are touting for making the game challenging for everyone you can't really comment on. So we have no impressions if game play is good using that feature.
Madden IQ is not supposed to make the game "challenging" it is supposed to balance it out, helping you in areas that you suck at and making it tougher in areas you are good at. Period. All this feature does is tweak the human sliders a certain way. Hell I played my first full game with tougher custom settings than what the IQ score said to use. Will the AI "adapt" and learn after several plays? I guess time will tell. But I think you're confusing what this IQ score really does.

When I get the TV back tonight...

I'll play a game using the Madden IQ score. My grade was around 550 or so and it said my passing was All Madden, Running was almost All Madden and defense was ****.

So, if I am reading this stuff right in the press kit, it should boost my defensive skills while making it tough to pass and run. We'll see. I'll replay that Browns/Steelers game because on the custom settings I used I won 42-7. It was painfully easy to pass.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #64
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
This thread has been at the top of the forum for a while and I can see they have been online by looking at the user list below the forum. I think the silence is your answer.
That's unfortunate really, I was really encouraged by a lot of the things I heard from Ian on the board over the past few months. The game certainly looks fantastic from playing the demo, but it's a reality for me that every football game I have bought since Madden 2001 has seen me play with adjusted slider settings. I'm not being critical of the game's default gameplay design, I understand that they have to make it palatable for a broad customer base. But to take away the option for the rest of us to tailor the experience like we have been doing successfully for most of the decade makes no sense to me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »