Home

With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

This is a discussion on With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 52
With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

So with these big week 1 injuries leaving guys like Brady and Merriman out for the season, I'm curious...do any of you guys try to play along with the season in your Franchise mode?

I've had this idea for a few years that it might be cool to have some option for Franchise mode where you could give up all the roster management stuff and let that happen via an internet download...thus if you are playing with/against the Titans in week 2, Vince is out and you have to deal with that. I heard that NBA 2k's big online feature is that it parses rosters at all times through the NBA website...I would say this could be something similar to that (I don't know if theirs are valid in Franchise mode).

Any thoughts on the idea? Would you use it? If you are Johnny Pats Fan, be honest...will you or would you play along with the season without Brady?

Disclaimer: I'm definitely not promising this for 2010, 2011, or any Madden for that matter. Just wondering what you guys think of the idea...treat me like any other message board poster with an idea. Along with that, mods, don't be telling me to put this in the wishlist thread. (Just messing with you all ...sorry...you guys are doing an awesome and thankless job)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

I'd love that. But how would you sync it up when we play our franchises at a different rate than real life? We might play 4 seasons in one real world year.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

I think it would be GREAT! I would definitely use it, it just adds much more realism, IMO.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

The more options the better. But I wouldn't use it. Once I start, it becomes my personal alternate universe.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
So with these big week 1 injuries leaving guys like Brady and Merriman out for the season, I'm curious...do any of you guys try to play along with the season in your Franchise mode?

I've had this idea for a few years that it might be cool to have some option for Franchise mode where you could give up all the roster management stuff and let that happen via an internet download...thus if you are playing with/against the Titans in week 2, Vince is out and you have to deal with that. I heard that NBA 2k's big online feature is that it parses rosters at all times through the NBA website...I would say this could be something similar to that (I don't know if theirs are valid in Franchise mode).

Any thoughts on the idea? Would you use it? If you are Johnny Pats Fan, be honest...will you or would you play along with the season without Brady?

Disclaimer: I'm definitely not promising this for 2010, 2011, or any Madden for that matter. Just wondering what you guys think of the idea...treat me like any other message board poster with an idea. Along with that, mods, don't be telling me to put this in the wishlist thread. (Just messing with you all ...sorry...you guys are doing an awesome and thankless job)
Me personally if I lose a big player I like to get a younger player in there and get them to progress (should be made better with the arrival of patch #2 in a couple of weeks)

Or i'll just sign my favourite player, Daunte Culpepper for example - who I have given rating boosts to put him where he should be

With your idea, I reckon it would appeal to the hardcore players who want everything as realistic as possible. For me I think it would be ok, but it would mean I actually have to wait each week to player 1 franchise game? I like to sim seasons fairly quickly and watch my team progress and stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'd love that. But how would you sync it up when we play our franchises at a different rate than real life? We might play 4 seasons in one real world year.....
This would have to be a different "Type" of franchise...like an option or something. "Live Franchise" or "Live Season" or something. So if you want to do your own thing you can, but if you want to do this online connected version, you'd have to give up all your control of the rosters for all teams and let them be driven from the web.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
The more options the better. But I wouldn't use it. Once I start, it becomes my personal alternate universe.
I'm the same. I'm not looking for my franchise to mirror what is going on in the real NFL. That's why I never liked injuries being added from one roster update to the next. I prefer to play with the rosters of the team accurate to what they would be with all their players at full strength both in and outside of franchise.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15

this is AN UNBELIEVABLE idea... that would be really cool... Ian, i cant imagine how great Madden 2010 would be if you and Joborule worked together with the ideas you have now... you would bascially never hear the NFL 2K fanboys ever again. anyway this sounds like a great idea

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »