Home

Everytime I Get On The "Ian" Bandwagon, I Remember Something.

This is a discussion on Everytime I Get On The "Ian" Bandwagon, I Remember Something. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #73
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Everytime I Get On The "Ian" Bandwagon, I Remember Something.

I want this game that was promised to us 3 years ago...

oh wait, this video was actually made with million dollar CGI hardware... not our PS3's and 360's..
Old 10-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #74
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

What happened 3 years ago with the "Madden 06" incident is nothing to be blamed on the current team now.

EA and their marketing are more at fault than Ian and the rest of the team. It's like you taking over as coach of your favorite team. How would you feel if the media, fans, players, etc... all kept blowing off your ideas and attempts to improve because of what the last guy in your position did? That's not fair, right?

I understand the problem here. It was messed up that they used CGI images to manipulate us into buying into the hype, but none of that is the current teams problem!

EA has the pieces in place now. They don't need cheap tactics to sucker us into buying anything. Let's give Ian and these other guys another couple of attempts to see what they can do. We're going to have a Madden game regardless, so let's support the first production team that seems to be giving a damn about us.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 10-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey

oh wait, this video was actually made with million dollar CGI hardware... not our PS3's and 360's..
The playcall screen style in that video is nasty. The way the huddle is shown under it all is cool. That's the kinda thing that enhances the presentation, too.

The problem with the new PIP in Madden 09 is that it cuts you off from the in-game scenery. If they change this to more like what you saw in that Next Gen video, it would allow them to also add more scenes to the game (like the one where Coach Reid is talking with McNabb) without adding extra time to our playtime (did what I say make any sense?). So you could have more stuff going on in the playcall area in a large shot, and still have some stuff going on post-play during the live game too. Then streamline the PIP to where you can still quickly toggle to stats and replays, etc. yet shows scenes behind it all.

I just played NBA 2K9 for the first time today and I was blown away by the presentation on top of everything else... and it was only the demo, lol. I'm disappointed that 2K didn't do that with All Pro, but I'm hoping Madden can mimic it in a lot of ways. Just the way they handle post-play camera's in NBA 2K9 is perfect. The closeups and framing is fantastic. It's just like TV.

EDIT: By the way I absolutely HATE basketball, so there's just a little indication to how a well presented game can make a dramatic difference.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 10-25-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #76
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The way the huddle is shown under it all is cool. That's the kinda thing that enhances the presentation, too.

The problem with the new PIP in Madden 09 is that it cuts you off from the in-game scenery. If they change this to more like what you saw in that Next Gen video, it would allow them to also add more scenes to the game (like the one where Coach Reid is talking with McNabb) without adding extra time to our playtime (did what I say make any sense?). So you could have more stuff going on in the playcall area in a large shot, and still have some stuff going on post-play during the live game too. Then streamline the PIP to where you can still quickly toggle to stats and replays, etc. yet shows scenes behind it all.
I agree here. So basically instead of having a generic blue-ish background, have the scene of what goes on in between plays. IE:

The QB running over to the head coach for the plays. Substitutions taking place. Refs moving the ball. Chain gang moving. Cutscenes to fans. Replays. Etc. Etc.

I like it. Make it happen
Old 10-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #77
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey

That ball totally hit the ground, no catch, Eagles lose, TO sucks
Old 10-25-2008, 03:49 PM   #78
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXcusefan
That ball totally hit the ground, no catch, Eagles lose, TO sucks
Lol.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The playcall screen style in that video is nasty. The way the huddle is shown under it all is cool. That's the kinda thing that enhances the presentation, too.

I am 100% in agreement.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #80
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I am 100% in agreement.

lol...you're the worst

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »