Home

Clarification about MM post

This is a discussion on Clarification about MM post within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Clarification about MM post

I hear you Ian....but I think this thread should be locked because people will still go on.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I believe you when you say that.

It's one of the reasons I expect Madden 10 to be a great game. You seem to truly understand why people are frustrated. If you didn't, further discussion would probably be futile.

Let the new era begin!
Co-sign. I am really looking forward to hearing the first details of the improvements. Thanks Ian, for being humble enough to listen to the feedback. Because of your interaction, I have hope for this franchise again. Keep up the good work!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

A lot of animosity comes from the exclusive NFL license deal.

With that thing in EA's control, we're all staring down the inevitable debate:

Madden the BEST NFL video game -vs.- Madden the ONLY NFL video game.

Since Madden is the only game in town, it will continue to be under the biggest microscope and derive the most criticism and controversy.

The best way to reduce the negativity is to make the best product you can. Sure it won't meet everyone's expectations, but the majority of people here seem to agree on two major things: Presentation and Franchise needs to be dramatically upgraded.

People want the game to pull them in, not just be time-sink for the NFL during the off-times there's no game on TV.

Forget the gimmicks and goofy side-features (cough IQ cough) and just focus on the game itself. The football. The fanfare. The presentation. Put the focus on the field and in the stadium, not in some virtual-TRON simulator or some Ring Builder.

That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by Netherscourge; 01-27-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #12
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

You find those people in every walk of life. Obviosuly you were hired (or promoted) by EA because they felt you could do the job, and i dont know many people that walk into a particular job and try to find ways to suck at it, so we know, that whether you amaze us or disappoint us, the ebst foot went forward. The truth is, your vision for Madden on the micro levels might be very different than what i want to see. Doesnt mean you made a bad product or are a bad human being, just a bit of difference in vision.

We always appreciate the feedback and candor you and the rest of the staff have displayed to us.

Keep up the good work, keep feeding us info, and hopefully the end game is what we all are hoping for.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
...Want to know who my favorite poster is, the one who I read his posts nightly? BeZo. So if you think all I want is positive feedback, just go check his post history.
And I thought I was being ignored. I gotta step it back up.

Not sure what happened on MM, but if it caused you to look here for better feedback, sweet!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #14
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Eh, I think a lot of the guys around here are past the stage of negativity because they realize that it won't help and Madden is all we have when it comes to an NFL game.

Many of us have moved beyond frustration to hope and optimism because frustration has gotten us no where and many of us just don't care as much anymore. I try and give productive feedback whenever I can, but if the game sucks again, whatever. There is more to life than football gaming.

The guys who I am thankful for the most are the guys like LBz and Mastershake because they are coming with real football knowledge that needs to be in the game. A lot of what LB talks about is over my head and that's ok, but at least someone is getting that stuff to the devs.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
A lot of animosity comes from the exclusive NFL license deal.

With that thing in EA's control, we're all staring down the inevitable debate:

Madden the BEST NFL video game -vs.- Madden the ONLY NFL video game.

Since Madden is the only game in town, it will continue to be under the biggest microscope and derive the most criticism and controversy.

The best way to reduce the negativity is to make the best product you can. Sure it won't meet everyone's expectations, but the majority of people here seem to agree on two major things: Presentation and Franchise needs to be dramatically upgraded.

People want the game to pull them in, not just be time-sink for the NFL during the off-times there's no game on TV.

Forget the gimmicks and goofy side-features (cough IQ cough) and just focus on the game itself. The football. The fanfare. The presentation. Put the focus on the field and in the stadium, not in some virtual-TRON simulator or some Ring Builder.

That's all I'm saying.
I actually have to say this is seems pretty accurate. In saying all that I feel pretty positive that this will be the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #16
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm not going to lie when I read your other thread that thought past through my mind (someone that wants to be loved) then I remembered no matter what anybody says you and company are the one working on this game and he is sitting somewhere playing the game you guys made lol (ironic huh) but keep up the good work (can't speak for everybody that plays madden) I thank you for trying to make the only NFL game better.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »