Home

Presentation: THIS is how you do it

This is a discussion on Presentation: THIS is how you do it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: Presentation: THIS is how you do it

GREAT amateur highlight show! This is the kind of stuff I hope Ian is looking at when he fires up 2K5. They could totally do this in franchise mode.

Imagine waking up tomorrow and seeing a post from Ian saying "We've hired Chris Berman to come in and do the halftime & postgame shows."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #42
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
GREAT amateur highlight show! This is the kind of stuff I hope Ian is looking at when he fires up 2K5. They could totally do this in franchise mode.

Imagine waking up tomorrow and seeing a post from Ian saying "We've hired Chris Berman to come in and do the halftime & postgame shows."
I dont care who they hire, Just as long as they have it...
Old 02-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #43
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by twflawless
I have beat this board to death on this subject over the years, so I won't go into too much detail on how presentaion should be. I did buy a PS3 just for the Show because I am a huge presentation whore. Last year was the first year I purchased Madden and traded it in within a week. I went through my first football season without a football game since I bought a nes. I have all the respect for Ian and everyone from EA that takes the enormous amount of time to be in touch with this community. But after 5 years of waiting for Presentation to show up in Madden I feel it is not a direction they are looking to improve greatly in. The radio guy proves that. I am a 34 year old married man with a 2 1/2 year old that has little time left in my life for gaming. I am simply looking to sit down 2-3 times a week to play a football game that creates a world that is similiar to what we see on tv. And on top of that if something comes up I dont have to quit in the 3rd quarter of my franchise game and felt like I just wasted the last 40 minutes of my life. I am not a 16 year old kid that has friends over and want an arcadey feel to my game of football. I am just looking for a good playing game of football that has great presentation and an in-game save feature. I can't be alone, right? I understand the gameplay needs attention, but that has been the story since next gen started. I will add that last years presentation was definately an improvement, and I am interested to see what they have presentation wise this year.
You nailed it. I'm right there with you. However, we have a lot of gaming left in our lives. My wife and I just had our third child and I don't see myself without gaming for a very, very long time. I'm only 32 years old man!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
You guys think Madden could be like this someday?
Yes...But no we won't see anything like this in Madden anytime soon...Why???...I have no idea...I think guys like Ian and his team have their hearts and minds in the right place but I truly don't think they have the freedom and support to try the things they really want to do. Madden is the McDonalds of all sports videogames...They produce the best sales but we all know there are far better burgers thn the ones we get in that HAPPY MEAL

EA has had the ESPN license for 5 years now and what have we seen???...a dang Ticker???...a few videos you can see on ESPN TV???...Presentation is not a priority and I think right now if you asked any Tiburon employee about their presentation they would convince you and me that its vastly improved and adequate...I think they would admit that it could be improved but aint that the truth for any game in any year??? The problem is those of us who play the games you posted from youtube and remember how NFL2k5 sucked us in on presentation have a much higher standard than what we've seen from EA in the last 5 years. I want PRESENTATION that will seduce me further into the NFL experience.

Real time stat overlays
Varied camera angles
exciting and fun audio presentation
Menus that don't force me to pause the game to sub ( we got that already...I know)

I'm rooting my azz off for EA but after 5 years of rhetoric, promises and hopes that have been too high...I'm feeling safer expecting the worse. I don't see a huge change coming...Minor tweaks..YES...Huge difference...NO...I still got hope tho

Last edited by dat swag; 02-25-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #45
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Yes...But no we won't see anything like this in Madden anytime soon...Why???...I have no idea...I think guys like Ian and his team have their hearts and minds in the right place but I truly don't think they have the freedom and support to try the things they really want to do. Madden is the McDonalds of all sports videogames...They produce the best sales but we all know there are far better burgers thn the ones we get in that HAPPY MEAL

EA has had the ESPN license for 5 years now and what have we seen???...a dang Ticker???...a few videos you can see on ESPN TV???...Presentation is not a priority and I think right now if you asked any Tiburon employee about their presentation they would convince you and me that its vastly improved and adequate...I think they would admit that it could be improved but aint that the truth for any game in any year??? The problem is those of us who play the games you posted from youtube and remember how NFL2k5 sucked us in on presentation have a much higher standard than what we've seen from EA in the last 5 years. I want PRESENTATION that will seduce me further into the NFL experience.

Real time stat overlays
Varied camera angles
exciting and fun audio presentation
Menus that don't force me to pause the game to sub ( we got that already...I know)

I'm rooting my azz off for EA but after 5 years of rhetoric, promises and hopes that have been too high...I'm feeling safer expecting the worse. I don't see a huge change coming...Minor tweaks..YES...Huge difference...NO...I still got hope tho
Wow the EA/ESPN Argument, we have not heard this. I am not going to do the work for you but Seach the word ESPN and read up about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Wow the EA/ESPN Argument, we have not heard this. I am not going to do the work for you but Seach the word ESPN and read up about it.
I don't mean the use of the ESPN name or any likenesses...I mean simply a representation of TV style broadcast that we see on ESPN, FOX, CBS or NBC...I don't need to see the ESPN logo all over the place or a virtual Stewart Scott but surely we should have seen a LEVEL of GENERIC presentation that is far greater than a ticker or a JUMBOTRON that flashes a cartoon tackle. Sorry if I was not clear.

How difficult is it to use any of those networks as the MODEL for what any sports game can do in terms of presentation???...I dunno..Maybe its just something that can't be done...maybe I/we are expecting too much

But then again...Maybe its possible:

Exhibit A:

Last edited by dat swag; 02-25-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I love the fact that it's in there, but with a high scoring game like that, I'd hope again there would be an option to see the CB show or not by hitting a button.

That's just me, though.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 18

I bought 2K5 again recently just so I could watch some presentation like this in my football game. That's sad man. I want EA to blow 2K5 out of the water an shut all us presentation critics up. I know they can do it.

Ian, are you guys working on something authentic like this? I cant take it anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »