Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #177
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I think that question is on a lot of peoples minds. Will Madden '10' match or surpass these other games? In overall game play, animations, presentation, ect...

As I've said in an other post...it's not that I doubt Ian, but I wonder if he and his team were given the budget to accomplish something like this in one year? Maybe I'm way wrong...but getting Madden from where it currently is, to matching these other games, seems like a tall order. I going to try to take your approach Phobia. I'm going to try not to compare these games, but instead just hope for a much improved Madden game to play this August.
I am confident his team will. I think Ian is really pouring his heart into this game. I mean the guy voluntarily comes on here and answers even the most specific questions that may only matter to a handful of people. He really cares about putting out a great SIM football game. It'll be interesting as the summer wears on if we know about some of the bigger features like collision detection, running anmiations, or online franchise.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #178
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
Bravo!!! I'm assuming Ian will not respond directly to this thread. . .right?
He responded in his Twitter
Old 03-30-2009, 12:46 AM   #179
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
He responded in his Twitter
yeah I saw It on the Madden boards:

"derrville on OS has been kind of rough on us so far but the comparison vid he did with m10 and apf2k8 was pretty awesome. Gotta beat it."

Rough??? LOL all you did was put up the video, that's it!!! Man, great job by the way. . .
Old 03-30-2009, 03:35 AM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville

So Ian's new blog caused some dispute, so i made a vid Comparing the two games hoping it would clear some stuff up and maybe bring up some new things.
I Rated 5 Stars and Favorited on Youtube.......great vid
Old 03-30-2009, 06:00 AM   #181
Banned

OVR: 28

The saddest part of all of this, and it's not just limited to APF2K8 vs Madden 10, is the fact that sports videogames have fallen off. When we have to sit here and compare a near 2 year old game to Madden 10 something is wrong with this picture.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #182
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
yeah I saw It on the Madden boards:

"derrville on OS has been kind of rough on us so far but the comparison vid he did with m10 and apf2k8 was pretty awesome. Gotta beat it."

Rough??? LOL all you did was put up the video, that's it!!! Man, great job by the way. . .
Well it wasn't just from this video, im one of the biggest skeptics here on OS and i been taking a i need to see it to believe it approach and such.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #183
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
The saddest part of all of this, and it's not just limited to APF2K8 vs Madden 10, is the fact that sports videogames have fallen off. When we have to sit here and compare a near 2 year old game to Madden 10 something is wrong with this picture.
have you played NHL 09 or MLB the show?

sports games havent fallen off, they have gone to a new level. madden has fallen off... but not sports games
Old 03-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #184
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
have you played NHL 09 or MLB the show?

sports games havent fallen off, they have gone to a new level. madden has fallen off... but not sports games
The evolution of baseball games over the past 8 years is astounding.

It seemed through the '90s nobody would ever get it right. Then came High Heat, which had horrid graphics but played an amazing game of baseball. MVP came along and had some deeper control methods and a much more visual way of representing where ratings stopped and you started (how transparent MVP was absolutely astounded me, I loved having such a firm grasp of how much I personally affected the game!)

And MLB The Show came along and took everything MVP and High Heat did and took it too a new level altogether. I really can't wait for the 2k license to expire and get a chance to see MVP and The Show go head to head.

NHL, on the other hand, reached into the wayback bag and realized that the Sega Genesis NHL's were still the pinnacle of hockey gaming, so they brought back the fun and sprinkled in the sim and got an amazing overall game out of it. It's really amazing how well NHL straddles that line between sim and pick-up-and-play fun. Given, hockey is a sport that lends itself to that, being that it's a wide-open, fast game anyways.

FIFA is another example of the resurgence of sports gaming... that one was the competition factor. Going head to head with PES and having PES kick the hell out of FIFA in the review scores year after year, and public opinion was turning on FIFA strongly enough that something needed to be done. It's unfortunate that PES has turned into the crapfest it has because it'd be nice to still have that choice.

Madden seems to be the one game that hasn't made the leap into modern sports gaming. Across the board- NBA 2k9, NHL 09, MLB the Show 09, FIFA 09... essentially, every other major team sport has at least one outstanding game to its credit. What kind of sucks is that only basketball has an even reasonable alternative... but it's looking like within a year or two, NBA Live could start giving NBA 2k a run for its money. I hope NHL 2k10 makes some strides in the fun-factor department, we get a return of MVP Baseball, and PES gets off it's stuck-in-last-gen *** and updates... then we'll truly enter a sports game golden age.

Assuming, of course, Madden 10 lives up to its promise.

Wow... shoulda saved this for a blog.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »