Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #185
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Well it wasn't just from this video, im one of the biggest skeptics here on OS and i been taking a i need to see it to believe it approach and such.
Oh I see, well I'm with you. . .honestly, I believe that apexisfree & I are the reason this (new more hands on approach of EA) started, it's good to see others have picked up their torches. . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #186
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
Oh I see, well I'm with you. . .honestly, I believe that apexisfree & I are the reason this (new more hands on approach of EA) started, it's good to see others have picked up their torches. . .
Oh ya man i love your vids, in fact this vid was inspired by one of yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdC1XCZQU8
Old 03-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #187
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

Quote:
Oh ya man i love your vids, in fact this vid was inspired by one of yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdC1XCZQU8
Thanks, man.
Yeah, I kind of went over board with that video. . .because at 1st I was just going to do a simple side by side comparision. . .which I didn't know how to do with the new software I had gotten, so I ended up doing all that other crazy stuff. . .LOL. . .I think people were more focused on me running around like a damn fool then the actual game footage, LOL. . . but I had fun making the video so I didn't care. . & I just got a record deal & I haven't had time to make the videos anymore . . .I had to split this morning & yesterday to read this whole thread & I just finished 2 minutes before typing this. . .LOL.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #188
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Thanks, man.
Yeah, I kind of went over board with that video. . .because at 1st I was just going to do a simple side by side comparision. . .which I didn't know how to do with the new software I had gotten, so I ended up doing all that other crazy stuff. . .LOL. . .I think people were more focused on me running around like a damn fool then the actual game footage, LOL. . . but I had fun making the video so I didn't care. . & I just got a record deal & I haven't had time to make the videos anymore . . .I had to split this morning & yesterday to read this whole thread & I just finished 2 minutes before typing this. . .LOL.
Lol i had fun watching it, but congrats man i hope all goes well with you.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The evolution of baseball games over the past 8 years is astounding.

It seemed through the '90s nobody would ever get it right. Then came High Heat, which had horrid graphics but played an amazing game of baseball. MVP came along and had some deeper control methods and a much more visual way of representing where ratings stopped and you started (how transparent MVP was absolutely astounded me, I loved having such a firm grasp of how much I personally affected the game!)

And MLB The Show came along and took everything MVP and High Heat did and took it too a new level altogether. I really can't wait for the 2k license to expire and get a chance to see MVP and The Show go head to head.

NHL, on the other hand, reached into the wayback bag and realized that the Sega Genesis NHL's were still the pinnacle of hockey gaming, so they brought back the fun and sprinkled in the sim and got an amazing overall game out of it. It's really amazing how well NHL straddles that line between sim and pick-up-and-play fun. Given, hockey is a sport that lends itself to that, being that it's a wide-open, fast game anyways.

FIFA is another example of the resurgence of sports gaming... that one was the competition factor. Going head to head with PES and having PES kick the hell out of FIFA in the review scores year after year, and public opinion was turning on FIFA strongly enough that something needed to be done. It's unfortunate that PES has turned into the crapfest it has because it'd be nice to still have that choice.

Madden seems to be the one game that hasn't made the leap into modern sports gaming. Across the board- NBA 2k9, NHL 09, MLB the Show 09, FIFA 09... essentially, every other major team sport has at least one outstanding game to its credit. What kind of sucks is that only basketball has an even reasonable alternative... but it's looking like within a year or two, NBA Live could start giving NBA 2k a run for its money. I hope NHL 2k10 makes some strides in the fun-factor department, we get a return of MVP Baseball, and PES gets off it's stuck-in-last-gen *** and updates... then we'll truly enter a sports game golden age.

Assuming, of course, Madden 10 lives up to its promise.

Wow... shoulda saved this for a blog.

adem,

great post man. I agree with everything you said.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #190
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Thanks, man.
I've watched all your videos. It was like preaching to the choir (me). Congratulations on the deal!
Old 03-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #191
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
have you played NHL 09 or MLB the show?

sports games havent fallen off, they have gone to a new level. madden has fallen off... but not sports games
I have The Show and it plays solid and is a definitely the best of sports videogames out there. Infact it's in my sig which also explains the avatar. However here in lies the problem. Let me give an analogy for you. Game developers are like chefs. The Show is like a nice juicy hamburger when up to now these chefs have been feeding us dried up shriveled up Vienna sausages. The problem is these guys have been chefs for so long that they should know how to cook some Kobe Beef Steaks by now. Now up until 4 or 5 years ago we could see the chef skills getting better and better. Food tasting real good and we could see their skills getting better then out of nowhere they start giving us peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and dried up shriveled up Vienna sausages.

They gave the chefs a brand new state of the art kitchen (360 and PS3) and the first thing they did was head to the microwave and heated up a hot pocket and said eat this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 01:48 AM   #192
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I've watched all your videos. It was like preaching to the choir (me). Congratulations on the deal!
Quote:
Lol i had fun watching it, but congrats man i hope all goes well with you.
It's not like I'm signed to a major, LOL. . .
but this is still the opportunity that will allow me to turn the corner
Look out for me on the NBA 2K10 soundtrack. . .I made a song for All-Pro but had to change the lyrics to fit basketball. . .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »