Home

Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

This is a discussion on Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2009, 02:36 AM   #105
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Comparison Vid between Madden 10's new running animations and All Pro 2k8

Nice video...made me think of a few things....

1) 2K games running animation in both 2K5 and 2K8 (not the cutting or turns or balance but the actual running animation) was HORRIBLE!! That idiotic looking sway from the hips and shoulders is gawd-awful and it is IDENTICAL for all players - Earl Campbell and OJ Simpson may "feel" different on the game, but they LOOK the same and I always found that extremely distracting.

Give the transition animations and turns and slips to 2K hands down, no questions asked, but the running animation itself is much better in Madden - though as others have pointed out in this thread, Madden/NCAA still has a long ways to go itself in that area. Being better than gawd-awful is hardly what I think they are shooting for this year...

2) While the video comparison was fascinating to watch, I think there was a better comparison clip on EA Sports World from Ian that highlights the direction of the player locomotion (and how Madden 10 is looking an awful lot closer to AP2K8 that Madden 08). That clip was the revamped WR route running. I don't know how to cross link the clip itself, but if you haven't already checked it out recently - go have a look (or second look or third or whatever) at = http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...teraction.aspx

The one thing I get really excited seeing in that video is that the way the WR is running routes (and how the DB is either jumping the route or trailing the route) looks far superior to the existing Madden and NCAA animations. The added player weight and physics in that WR video is readily apparent and should bring a whole new feel and flavor to Madden 10 that players should recognize immediately.

I am waiting and hoping that a future Ian blog closer to the releases of the games is going to highlight a drastically different OL-DL interaction to go with the WR-DB changes, the QB-FB handoff changes, and the QB dropback/throwing changes. IF the game has all of that and adequate atmospheric/presentation additions, I am quite sure people would still bitch about it still - that is the actual American way after all, but I believe many people here and at other boards would be very pleased with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 04:29 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 28

Speaking of animations...

In the many years I have been playing 2k football (all the way back to the first one on Dreamcast), I just now saw an animation I had never seen before. I was playing a game in the rain and as my kicker approached the ball to kickoff, he slipped and fell during the kick and shanked the kickoff. It was awesome. It's things like this that I wish we would see in Madden. Also, what about when you are following your fullback or O line and the RB puts his hand on the guy's back as he follows the block? Any chance we will see any of these types of things in the game? No? Probably not...
Old 03-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
I was in the same boat as you until about a week ago. I was getting sick of always seeing the comparisons everywhere, and vids on U Tube, so went to my local Gamestop, and found a copy of NFL 2k5 for ONE DOLLAR...!!! I couldn't believe it only cost a buck. I also picked up a copy of APF2k8 for like $10, just to make sure I had all my bases covered.

I no longer wonder what all the complaining an comparisons are all about. 2k had it down pat. I spend as much time watching the damn replays as I do actually playing the games, because I just can't believe how great the animations and player interactions are in those games. Just the line play alone on something as simple as an extra point is miles and miles ahead of anything I've seen in Madden.
Now you know why people were so upset. IT was like eating steak and shrimp, then all of a sudden, they took that away, and gave you top ramen. Its not that top ramen is bad, but its just not on the same level.

I wish people would actually play the 2k8 game unbiased and just get a feel for it and go back to replays and watch how the models interact with one another.

I am a pretty big 2K fan, i wont ever deny that, but as they (EA) are making the only football game, i want it at the same level in gameplay as the 2K game. If its not, then i just cant get into it. I can just pop in my 2K8 and have more enjoyment from a game i already have and save me 60 bucks.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #108
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
I don't know what game you played, but I used to gash the defense with screen passes. Especially with Walter Payton.
I was thinking the same thing when I read his post about screen passes in APF. They are night and day better in APF than in 2k5.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 2

so basically what we see here is that after EA secured the rights and
that they STILL havent gotten it right yet...

"To Live Is To Suffer, To Survive Is To Find The Meaning In The Suffering."

Last edited by antglover1972; 03-22-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: left a word out...
Old 03-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #110
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I feel like I have been in this thread before. The same thing over and over and over and over and over. I could go on. Seriously can we please stop with these Madden vs. 2K comparisons! It's not going to be resolved. EVER!
we can stop the comparisons once madden is up to par with what was done back in 2k5/2k8

until then they wont stop... and how can they? right now 2k5 is still the gold standard in many areas... to move forward you need to measure against how things were best done
Old 03-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #111
Banned

OVR: 0

Nice video the running animations look different for Madden 10. I have to say that All Pro 2k8 running animations are better than Madden's animations.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 03-23-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 8

In my opinion it's all about game speed. If Madden 2010 plays at a speed between Madden 09 and APF 08 you would see a lot more of the transition animations in Madden that make APF look so realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »