Home

Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

This is a discussion on Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #129
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

This could sound really dumb but I feel as that nobody really knows when a fumble happens and you need a fast reaction to even look at the ball. people that have played high school ball should know. I think when a fumble happens and you are near it a button should pop on the screen. It should be a random button every time out of X A B or Y. No body knows when a fumble is going to happen so to get it we should have to react very fast to it.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott209
I just beat you to it LOL.
I beat you both to it
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #131
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
PLEASE no quick time events. What happened to everyone saying to keep the UI minimal and let football be the focus. Having a series of buttons pop up takes you out of the experience COMPLETELY. PLEASE I beg for this not to be the solution.

I'd rather tap a button. Anything as long as it's not a button display.

How about using rumble for this feature? Using rumble or audio clues could be a good solution.
Agreed!! No QTE please!! I literally cannot stand any video game that has this in it. QTE should've ended with Dragon's Lair in the 80s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 01:48 AM   #132
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
I dont get button mashing. If theres a fumble you should run to get it, if you do you hold to the protect ball button and hope your guy can hold on, if you dont get it press the strip ball button and hope you come out with it

I like this idea a lot.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:28 AM   #133
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
I dont get button mashing. If theres a fumble you should run to get it, if you do you hold to the protect ball button and hope your guy can hold on, if you dont get it press the strip ball button and hope you come out with it

Good idea. If your on it. Cover up the ball. If your in after the pile, spam strip.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #134
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Holding onto the ball in a real life pile up takes a lot of effort. Pressing a button once or holding down a button takes zero effort. I'm for tapping the button to hold onto the ball. It's more exciting to me..brings me into the game more. Tapping = for athletes Holding down a button = for couch potatoes
Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #135
MVP

OVR: 26

maybe make strength and/or carry be used to how easy it is to hold onto a ball or strip it? The stronger they are the less youll have to tap to win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I do not understand this attitude. "Ah, not too many people use these so they are not a problem." Seriously? So becasue only some people do it, it's okay becasue most don't? There is a flaw in button mashing that can be exploited. Isn't one of the big deals about madden trying to REMOVE exploits?

Afterall, I have only played some people who use the Rocket Catch. Why should EA adress the Rocket Catch since only cheese players use it? it's not like a cheese palyer will go out and buy a turbo controler. Cheese palyers have honor and wouldn't look for glitches or exploits or speend money on the internet to find nano blitzes and buy special controlers to have an unfair advantage, right?
The difference is that those are in-game exploits that can be done by anyone because of an error in the game's logic or AI.

Using a controller to create an exploit is completely external to the actual game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »