Home

Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

This is a discussion on Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #97
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

Im pretty interested to see how this will be implemented because there are a bunch of factors that go into this.

Its not always about the first person to the ball, how many times do we see the ball bounce around with no one able to pick it up?

Its not about being the strongest. If you're last in the pile, but the strongest person, you usually dont come away with the ball.

Button mashing may work, if the first person in, or the person at the bottom of the pile has an advantage somehow.

Looking forward to seeing how its implemented!

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #98
All Star

OVR: 33

Button mashing, for a better word, rate of input, makes the most sense without pressing buttons like DDR (QTE).

And 'its not sim' argument holds no water. I don't think its sim to throwing by pressing a button, juke by wiggling a stick, run with an analog stick. There can be no arguments for 'sim' when talking about controls; its a game.

Speed of tapping + rating + Situational = Pile Up Winner
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #99
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm a fan of the button-smashing...but only in this event and trying to break tackles (also ratings based). I loved trying to break tackles on the 08 pc version. It wasn't all the time and gave that true to life struggle of trying to break free. I think button mashing (combined with influence from ratings e.g. strength, veterancy) represents what recovering a fumble at the bottom of the pile is all about.

And I'm sure it's so rare (maybe once a game?) that we'd actually enjoy a little button smashing!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #100
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Yeah I think that that sounds the best so far.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 8

If some big *** icons or a meter come up on the screen for me to press in a particular order, I'll snap my Madden 10 disc in half right then.

NO QTE FOR FUMBLES!!! That is so stupid. We want less arcade and less intrusive presentation.

I'm all for random (based on ratings) or button mashing. The idea that button mashing doesn't work because some clown has a turbo controller is absurd.

If you are so worried about turbo controllers, then you should probably never play games in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #102
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Button mashing, for a better word, rate of input, makes the most sense without pressing buttons like DDR (QTE).

And 'its not sim' argument holds no water. I don't think its sim to throwing by pressing a button, juke by wiggling a stick, run with an analog stick. There can be no arguments for 'sim' when talking about controls; its a game.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #103
MVP

OVR: 27

I almost forgot to mention this, but if there will be pileups you'll also want those in short yardage situations (3rd and 1/inches, 4th and 1/inches, and goaline).

Lots of dramatic cutscene potential there.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #104
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I almost forgot to mention this, but if there will be pileups you'll also want those in short yardage situations (3rd and 1/inches, 4th and 1/inches, and goaline).

Lots of dramatic cutscene potential there.
It would be really cool if when someone goes for it during 4th and 1/inches to have the camera zoom in close on the play. It would add on to the tension.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »