Home

Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

This is a discussion on Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 05:32 AM   #89
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

For the fight for the fumble in a pileup I'd say either:
a) a random generated button sequence (3-6 buttons) where the first to complete wins or
b) toggling the left and right stick (like in the 40 yard dash mini-game)

Simple one button mashing leaves itself open to exploits for those with rapid fire controllers.
Oh, and this should be a feature that can be turned on/off. Personally, I'd like to play with it but we can obviously see that not everyone here agrees.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise

Last edited by brza37; 04-01-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Still working on the mechanics for this.

What would you guys like to see? How would you like to 'fight' for the fumble if the situation is applicable?
The ball being fumbled about sometimes would be cool. Not everyone can scoop and score... And when the ball is fumbled during a QB sneak, or a HB dive a play that involves the middle of the field since you are incooperating the refs again have dog piles for the football.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 7

I say use the left stick to pull the ball out of the opponents arms once you get enough of a grip push a button to rip it out of his hands. Winning the "pulling" battle will be determined by the strength rating. So guys like westbrook dosen't beat guys like Ware. you should use a closeup veiw so we can see wich way to pull the ball. I think this will be better then button mashing because people with the turbo button can't always win. I don't know how you see wich way but that's the only way you can do it with out button mashing.

Last edited by scott209; 04-01-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have it all figured out ladies and gentlemen I hope nobody else mentioned it I didn't feel like going threw all those pages.

EVERYBODY REMEMBERS SPLINTER CELL??? When you had to pick the lock? by moving the analog around untill you find the lock and by jiggling it in that area and having it down long enough it opens the door.

After we have the pile up we must find the ball (HINT THE LOCK) who ever finds it quicker (controller vibrates) and holds it down in the right spot for lets say 5 seconds quicker gains controll of the ball!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony01313
I have it all figured out ladies and gentlemen I hope nobody else mentioned it I didn't feel like going threw all those pages.

EVERYBODY REMEMBERS SPLINTER CELL??? When you had to pick the lock? by moving the analog around untill you find the lock and by jiggling it in that area and having it down long enough it opens the door.

After we have the pile up we must find the ball (HINT THE LOCK) who ever finds it quicker and holds it down in the right spot for lets say 5 seconds quicker gains controll of the ball!
I just beat you to it LOL.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:16 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
How does that put you more in control? I feel that you lose control with those types of things... Hey look at me, I have turbo on my 3d party controller, yey, I win every interaction!

That ruins the game for me personally... its a football sim, there's nothing "sim" about who can mash a button the fastest.
I think it's safe to say that very few people own turbo controllers. Can you even buy those anymore? I haven't seen them in a very long time. I don't think that's a real issue to worry about.

Also, you can already button mash to break tackles in Madden 09. I see nothing wrong with it. If I'm better at it than the other guy then I should win. In real life if a guy is stronger than you you're not going to overpower him, if he can run faster than you you're not going to outrun him. I don't see why this should be any different.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 27

It's a little funny to hear people say that they hate button-mashing because it's not sim, but then ask for meters to determine who gets the ball or whatever, lol.

No meters. Meters are lame. This isn't Super High Impact Football.

Basing it on ratings will mean zero unpredictability, because you'll know immediately who won when you see who jumps into the pile and that's not how a pile-up works in real life. In real life, the ball can change hands multiple times under there regardless of who the overall strongest guy is.

Pressing button combinations sounds more like playing Street Fighter than Football.

Leaving it to chance is not a bad idea and that obviously would add the most suspense.

Button-mashing would put more control in the hands of the user and it would make it more interactive. A combination of chance and button-mashing would be cool if it can be tuned correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #96
MVP

OVR: 55

The turbo controller excuse fails heavily. It's not like 50% of the population is sitting out there with turbo controllers salivating at the idea of clicking turbo on a pileup in madden the one out of every 3 games it will happen....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »