Home

Why All the negative Vibes?

This is a discussion on Why All the negative Vibes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Why All the negative Vibes?

The negativity is to be expected. Remember, seeing is believing.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #34
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I think a possible part of some of the negativity is...Ian hasn't been around much the last few weeks. Been kinda busy I bet.

Seems when Ian has the chance to be pretty active, the boards vibe is more positive. Maybe it's just that people feel more assured about things when he's around.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #35
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
The difference you're seeing now is that the blogs and posts by the EA developers have peaked the interest of the 2K community and more of them are now posting here.
I have to disagree with you that the 2K community is the difference in terms of any perceived negativity. As a few others have already noted, there really hasn't been that much negativity to begin with in this forum. Madden '09 rarely even gets mentioned which is remarkable, since Madden '10 is still four months away.

The three major things I saw were the NFL Players union story (many people that respect what the old players did for the league and don't like seeing them get screwed over), EA's quarterly loss (not a Madden-specific story), and the NCAA video (disappointment that the game seems to animate similarly to last year). Really no stories about what's being done on Madden 10. I think the OP is just used to things being almost overly optimistic here. As others pointed out it's one thing to be optimistic but it's another thing to act as if 06/07/08/09 never existed. That's just people being practical, not 2K fans picking apart anything the Madden devs say (imo)

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 16

Good post Spank.....
Old 04-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
My interest in Madden has died with the Draft coming up. I don't care how they rate the rookies or who is on the cover. I want to see some gameplay footage before I truly get excited about anything.

I huh........co-sign this.
! ! ! ! ! !

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I don't think it's all of the sudden. All of the negative vibes have always been there. The difference you're seeing now is that the blogs and posts by the EA developers have peaked the interest of the 2K community and more of them are now posting here. Their posts are typically distrusting and less supportive overall due to the quality of past releases. In the eyes of many football fans EA Sports has still failed to live up to a game that's 5 years it's predecessor. Until they put out a game that makes people forget about ESPN NFL 2K5, there's always going to be an under current of negativity. With the NFL license exclusive to EA, they have no one to blame but themselves.
I see where your coming from with this post. This is what I've been trying to get at recently. So, the weirdos I've been speaking of are the 2k fans showing up all of a sudden causing all kind of hate and discontent, lol.

Its very obvious that many of them haven't been following whats going on around these parts. Well....I think we can agree on one thing. You guys dont like Madden, and it seems like you don think it will improve. With that being stated, I would suggest that you go ahead back over to the 2k forums, download your latest roster update, and enjoy.

I think Maddens moving in the right direction and I'll reserve my judgement for when the game is actually released. Maybe I'm wrong about you guys not liking Madden, I think you have a secret love for it, or you wouldn't be here in the first place.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #39
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It may not be all of a sudden, but it's seems more prevalent since Ian and EA has started posting here, especially since after Community Day. Expressing personal distrust in past Maddens is fine when done constructively, but not loudly.(not pointing anyone out, just have been noticing it more)

I'd go a step further and say if the 2k community was around from the time Ian and EA set foot in here(there were a lot that did come in here) maybe there would be a bit more trust between the 2k community and EA.

The people that are jumping in here all of a sudden without doing research aren't receiving the whole picture.
Trust? I thought that trust had to be earned? Has Madden earned your trust over the past several years? I am confused. Many of you have posted your frustrations with the previous Madden games, and now you are convinced that Madden 10 will be a great game. EA employees have promised things for years. What makes this year any different? Is it because you feel a connection with some of the EA employees now?

I hope that it is a great game, but for me to think that Madden 10 will be a big difference from previous Madden games is a bit naive. I do trust one thing though. I trust that EA will utilize everything, and everyone at their disposal to market their game. That I do trust.

Anyway, I do respect your opinion, and your ability to promote Madden 10 prior to any game play videos.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
Trust? I thought that trust had to be earned? Has Madden earned your trust over the past several years? I am confused. Many of you have posted your frustrations with the previous Madden games, and now you are convinced that Madden 10 will be a great game. EA employees have promised things for years. What makes this year any different? Is it because you feel a connection with some of the EA employees now?

I hope that it is a great game, but for me to think that Madden 10 will be a big difference from previous Madden games is a bit naive. I do trust one thing though. I trust that EA will utilize everything, and everyone at their disposal to market their game. That I do trust.

Anyway, I do respect your opinion, and your ability to promote Madden 10 prior to any game play videos.
I really think you read into that way wrong. I've been a 2k player, but also played Madden.

Please, point me where I stated that the previous next generation Maddens have been up to par. I was bored with the presentation level with 09, just a boring game to play.

The trust comes from a new development team and to a new man in charge. I don't take a blind eye to the past Maddens, but I like the direction from the new team with interaction since late in the process with 09.

Ian and company haven't disappointed, yet, so, at what point have they disappointed you?

I respect your opinion as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »