Home

Why All the negative Vibes?

This is a discussion on Why All the negative Vibes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Why All the negative Vibes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
Most people are frustrated at the "lack" of information that we have on Madden '10 even though there's 4 months until the release.

How?

How is that even possible when more info has been released at this point then ever before around this time of year?

I'm confused right now.

After community day, the level quality feedback dropped. Most of the threads I've been reading are about things that have nothing to do with improving the upcoming release.

I don't know...

I mean, we're all grown here. I'm not trying to tell people what to do. My only point is, now is the time to get it fixed. Whatever it is you didn't like, here's your chance to get that addressed. Don't piss & moan after the game comes out, because this year the community has a hand in how the final product turns out as well...that means we're all responsible. No blame games.

I guess I'd like to see the focus go back to development.

...like a cohesive unit, of cohesiveness...lol
Old 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I don't get it.

I understand business strategy, public relations, sales, and marketing. I get it.

But why all the negative vibes all of a sudden?

I thought people would be more interested in todays blog, or the NFL Draft this weekend (which I plan to attend). Not lawsuits, T.V. shows, and quarterly reports.

We're in cycle & hands on w/devs!

I don't get it.

HUH?......Those threads were made 3-5 days ago...Im pretty sure if a blog drops today people will be happy.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
Most people are frustrated at the "lack" of information that we have on Madden '10 even though there's 4 months until the release.
Excuse me?

What are you talking about? Previous years the first news we would get would be on draft day and it would only be screenshots of the rookies. We are lucky this year to get news 2 months in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I don't get it.

I understand business strategy, public relations, sales, and marketing. I get it.

But why all the negative vibes all of a sudden?

I thought people would be more interested in todays blog, or the NFL Draft this weekend (which I plan to attend). Not lawsuits, T.V. shows, and quarterly reports.

We're in cycle & hands on w/devs!

I don't get it.
I think you get it. People are experiencing Deja vu. We have all been eagerly anticipating Madden to produce a great game for many years now. For the past several years, I think that many of us felt like we were hyped up and then let down year after year. There should be many negative vibes, and justifiably so. Hopefully those negative vibes will change after 8/12/2009.

I think that many of us do not want to hear or read about what EA is going to do anymore. We want to see it (in a gameplay video), or be able to play it ourselves. Although, I am interested in reading what LBrules has to say. He has more credibility with me than any EA employee.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Excuse me?

What are you talking about? Previous years the first news we would get would be on draft day and it would only be screenshots of the rookies. We are lucky this year to get news 2 months in advance.
That's what I'm saying. I don't know how people can have the nerve to be frustrated at any info we've received. This team has gone the extra mile this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
How?

How is that even possible when more info has been released at this point then ever before around this time of year?

I'm confused right now.

After community day, the level quality feedback dropped. Most of the threads I've been reading are about things that have nothing to do with improving the upcoming release.

I don't know...

I mean, we're all grown here. I'm not trying to tell people what to do. My only point is, now is the time to get it fixed. Whatever it is you didn't like, here's your chance to get that addressed. Don't piss & moan after the game comes out, because this year the community has a hand in how the final product turns out as well...that means we're all responsible. No blame games.

I guess I'd like to see the focus go back to development.

...like a cohesive unit, of cohesiveness...lol
I wont be happy until every facemask and helmet used from last year is added into the game!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I'd concur that there has definitely been some negative sentiments around. It's ranging from EA losing money (the article was several months old I believe), to who's going to be to blame, to people selfishly saying they should've been invited to Orlando to even attacking the character of the community day guys.

I see this as sort of the calm before the storm (I mean storm in a good way). There's stuff out there that's been talked about, but not some of the meaty stuff that's going to keep some of the pessimists' attention for long. Once the big boy toys (features) start rolling out, we'll see more positivity out of OS. We're all in for some treats and surprises, trust me.

I just hope the upcoming trailer is up to snuff. Folks ripped the Erin Andrews brief NCAA gameplay footage whereas I didn't think it was that bad . I've never been a fan of NCAA games and I've yet to ever purchase one quite honestly. Still, I don't think the footage was as horrible as some indicated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That's what I'm saying. I don't know how people can have the nerve to be frustrated at any info we've received. This team has gone the extra mile this year.
I think it is in fear of hearing "maybe next year" about anything we don't hear about once they start talking about features.

This was the case with Franchise Mode in Madden 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »