Home

twitter hints at improved blocking!

This is a discussion on twitter hints at improved blocking! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: twitter hints at improved blocking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The only issue I personally experienced (that I can recall) in the run game was running to the outside. I felt it was a little too easy to gain chunks of yards even without a homerun hitter such as Marion Barber.

But B.Jacobs is a task to bring down in this game and rightfully so as much as it hurts to admit that LOL.
How fast do you think Barber is in 10? In Madden 09 he was faster than Julius Jones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #26
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Can I ask a stupid question? What does "going gold" mean (assuming a sales thing). And does going gold mean you stop making changes? I've read this phrase in a few posts but I'm not sure what it means.
Going gold means the game is ready to be pressed on disc. Yes it means that no further changes can be made. It has passed checks for all major bugs and glitches.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

This is a step over the Im getting crushed by the CPU on pro
Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #28
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison160
Ian tweet'ed this morning!

"My NY Giants 56, @MYsportsphotog (Rams) 19. Jacobs broke their spirit - 6 td, 307 yds. Run game is way too easy, gotta do some tuning. "

Dare I say the run game is acctually working for once. I am glad to see its working tooo good, tuning down should be much easier than making them block.
hmm 306 yard 6 td's with BJ...no complaints here

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IAN!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #29
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
hmm 306 yard 6 td's with BJ...no complaints here

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IAN!
You wish BJ was that good.....lol...Giants fans....
Old 04-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #30
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
It sounds to me like Adaptive AI just isn't where they need it to be yet. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out in the next 5 weeks. After all, what good is Adaptive AI if it allows a running back to gain over 300 yards? That would be like allowing a QB to pass for over 600 yards in a game, IMO. If that's happening when the game is released (and hopefully it won't be), then I'd have to say it's back to the drawing board with the whole Adaptive AI thing.
Well, I don't know if I'd say that. This sort of reminds me of a post/thread BeZo made some time back about people allowing stats to determine what's right/broken in a game. If the action on the field justifies 300 yards on the ground (great blocking up front, hell of a running back, 30+ carries), then I don't think we should see 300 yards and say the AI is broken.

Generally speaking, if the animations and blocking justify the huge gains on the ground, then I don't mind to see a couple record breaking days here or there. Obviously, you would want the stats collectively to be realistic to an extent. But I'm not going to look at one 550 yard passing day and say the defense is broken in the game. You understand what I'm saying?

LOL @ Spezzano's art director comment.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 52

No time to panic guys!

We'll obviously tune this back. I can't think of too many times recently where the running game was too powerful...so I am very happy with the fact that we've gotten there - it is extremely easy to dial it back. There were three major issues that the community guys saw as well: LB's aren't playing the run correctly, it was too easy to bounce it outside on inside runs (so I end up with Jacobs solo on a corner), and plainly enough Jacobs was just breaking out of way too many tackles. All things we can (and will) address.

I personally found it kind of encouraging though. We've given a lot of tools to the defense this year (that we'll be announcing soon) so to still be able to dominate on the ground was a nice feeling. I don't remember it ever being this way. It actually felt like a great game for how Rookie mode should feel...so now we can scale down from there. I had a ton of fun - I know Mike didn't though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 16

I'm excited to hear how much fun this game is. Can I play?

-SeventhWard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »