Home

How would you rate your team in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on How would you rate your team in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: How would you rate your team in Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Redskins

Campbell 83

Portis 93
Sellers 80
Santana Moss 86
Randle El 78
Cooley 87
Betts 79
O-Line 83 avg.

McIntosh 84
Rogers 83
Hall 82
Landry 88
Horton 84
Fletcher 87
D-Line 83

If the ratings were more spread out like I want. Drop everyone by about 4-5 points except Moss and Portis.
uhm...i was bout to say no way in the world campbell is 93 hes a beast and all,but hes young and hasnt developed yet completely
Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

??? Its 83. Also, if the ratings were the way i want them I would have him a 79.

― Plato
Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

Everyone seems very generous with there team...

Raiders:
=====
......................-=overall=- -=particular rating=-......................
QB
JaMarcus Russell - 70 THP= 97 (which should be the best or tied for the best in the lg)

HB
Darren McFadden - 83 SPD= 94 (using Chris Johnson as a benchmark at 97spd and Hester at 98spd)

Michael Bush - 80 TRK=91

Justin Fargas - 73

WR
IDK

TE
Zack Miller - 87 CTH=89 (the Raiders best offencive player by far last year)

O-line, there are way to many changes being made to it during the off season for there to be any kind of accurate rating assumptions.

D-Line
Garbage with the exception of Burgess being hurt all year so you can't blame him to much... and Trevor Scott who produced with what little playing time he was given.

LOLB-MLB-ROLB
Ricky Brown - 70
Kirk Morrison - 87
Thomas Howard -88 SPD= 89 (i feel he one of the fastest if not the fastest LB's in the league)

CB
Nnamdi Asomugha - 99 (nuff said here, he better have a solid tackle rating tho)
Chris Johnson - 86 (waaay underated last year)
Stanford Routt- 75

DB
Tyvon Branch -73 (has yet to prove anything at this position but was hurt all last year and only played minor rolls yet still played beter then Huff)

Michael Huff -75

Special Teams
Sebastian Janikowski -96 (should have the most powerfull leg in the game... although his accuracy might take a hit this year)

Shane Lechler -98

KR/PR Justin Miller and JLH - IDK everyone seemed to be a 99 last year which I hope gets changed this year to actually mean something... but seriously these dudes are beasts and I would put them in the same category has Hester and Washington for KR and PR's.

Last edited by pigspigs76; 04-21-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #52
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
Dallas Cowboys-

T.Romo-91
M.Barber-87
F.Jones-76
T.Choice-74
J.Witten-98
R.Williams-84
P.Crayton-81
M.Bennett-75
F.Adams-87
K.Koiser-80
A.Gurode-89
L.Davis-96
M.Colombo-85
M.Spears-76
Igor-80(havent really seen him play)
J.Ratliff-87
A.Spencer-75
B.James-86
K.Brooking-83
D.Ware-98
T.Newman-92
M.Jenkins75
K.Hamlin 81
N.Folk-91
M.McBriar-97
Id say you got it right.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 16

Vikings

QB - Depressing
HB - 146

Those are the two big ones. The rest are easy enough.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #54
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
QB:Rodgers-86

HB:Grant-81

WR_Jennings-92
WR-Driver-89
WR-Jones-76
WR-Nelson-73

TE-Lee-75
TE-Finley-72

DE-Jenkins-85
DE-Jolly-80
NT-Pickett-83

OLB-Hawk-87
OLB-Kampman-88
ILB-Barnett-90
ILB-Bishop-82

CB-Woodson-93
CB-Harris-87
CB-Williams-76
CB-Blackman-76

S-Collins-91
S-Bigby-76

K-Crosby-88

I like your list.

I'm glad you gave Aaron Rodgers a little love. He was the 6th rated passer in the entire NFL last year. With another year like that, he will soon join the "Elite" group of QB's

I would only have a few small changes.

HB Ryan Grant - I'd say 83-84. He was 9th in the league in rushing last year, and played with hamstring problems and an O-Line that was constantly changing all year.

WR Jordy Nelson - I think he should be rated the same as you have James Jones at 76.

From what I've read, Hawk is going to play inside with Barnett in the 3-4. I think we'll see a much improved AJ Hawk this year. He played all last year while being really dinged up with multiple inuries...(groin, chest, shoulder) He looked like the groin injury really had an impact on his change of direction, and explosiveness. His rating is fine where you have it though.

The other OLB spot is up for grabs. I'd say Poppinga has the upper hand right now, since he played DE in high school and in college until his senior year. Pass Rushing was his best talent when he came out of college. I looked up his combine numbers and I was really impressed with what I saw. He weighed 259.... (good 3-4 OLB size) which is 10-15 lbs more than he played at last year, and he ran a 4.59 40. He did well in all the other drills as well.
He may be a better 3-4 OLB than anyone is giving him credit for. The Packers previous scheme never took advantage of his best ability, and instead had him in coverage the majority of the time, which is a bit of a weakness for him. That's why we saw so much of Brandon Chillar last year. He is very good in coverage for a LB. I'd say Both Poppinga and Chillar should be rated at about 79-80.

CB Tramon Williams played well enough to start on a lot of teams when he had to step in while Al Harris recovered from that spleen injury. I'd say he could be rated up near 79-80.

Last but not least........ SS Atari Bigby. I'm surprised at how many of you Packers fan are being so hard on him. I'd rate him at 78 at least. He was injured almost all of last year, and that's one of the reasons the Packers Run Defense struggled last year. He is good against the run, and playing up in the box. He played a hybrid SS / LB position in college. I agree.... He started out being a big liability in pass coverage.... but you could see his improvement in that area as he had more playing time.

I know this post is a bit long.....sorry about that..... I just wanted to get some of that off my chest.

Thanks to the OP for this interesting Thread. It's nice to see so many people being honest in here and not just posting inflated ratings for "their team".
Old 04-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #55
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by da bucs gm
It wasn't that great

It was very sad over on this end
Yea, it was exciting over here. The Bucs were like the rush defense that all other rush defenses were measured against for the longest time, and for us to run through you guys like that was amazing to watch.

I'm worried about the Bucs this year. Some of the moves made are mind-boggling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 12:08 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigspigs76
Everyone seems very generous with there team...

Raiders:
=====
......................-=overall=- -=particular rating=-......................
QB
JaMarcus Russell - 74 THP= 99 (which should be the best or tied for the best in the lg)

HB
Darren McFadden - 80 SPD= 94 (using Chris Johnson as a benchmark at 97spd and Hester at 98spd)

Michael Bush - 81 TRK=91

Justin Fargas - 73

WR
IDK

TE
Zack Miller - 87 CTH=89 (the Raiders best offencive player by far last year)

O-line. there are way to many changes being made to it during the off season for there to be any kind of accurate rating assumptions.

D-Line
Garbage with the exception of Burgess being hurt all year so you can't blame him to much... and Trevor Scott who produced with what little playing time he was given.

LOLB-MLB-ROLB
Ricky Brown - 70
Kirk Morrison - 87
Thomas Howard -88 SPD= 89 (i feel he one of the fastest if not the fastest LB's in the league)

CB
Nnamdi Asomugha - 99 (nuff said here, he better have a solid tackle rating tho)
Chris Johnson - 86 (waaay underated last year)
Stanford Routt- 75

DB
Tyvon Branch -73 (has yet to prove anything at this position but was hurt all last year and only played minor rolls yet still played beter then Huff)

Michael Huff -70 (sucked)

Special Teams
Sebastian Janikowski -96 (should have the most powerfull leg in the game... although his accuracy might take a hit this year)

Shane Lechler -98

KR/PR Justin Miller and JLH - IDK everyone seemed to be a 99 last year which I hope gets changed this year to actually mean something... but seriously these dudes are beasts and I would put them in the same category has Hester and Washington for KR and PR's.
I made some changes : )
btw raiders possible draftees:
Crabtree- 78-83
Raji- 78
Maclin- 75
Heyward-Bey- 70 or possibly even lower (supposedly if crabtree is off the boards they are going to pick him)
Forgot about Andre Smith- 80 (i still think he's the best LT in the draft even though he had his fiasco at the combine)

Last edited by streamline; 04-21-2009 at 12:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »