Home

Lets Dialouge - Ian's gangtackling challenge revisited

This is a discussion on Lets Dialouge - Ian's gangtackling challenge revisited within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Lets Dialouge - Ian's gangtackling challenge revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Now the issue is cosmetics. What you guys are talking about is cosmetic (how it looks), but the tech itself has surpassed what 2k5 had.

To me this is where I'm not sure I like the really slow game speed. It makes the tackling look like guys are being "careful," rather than being violent. I think if they can give it a more hectic and chaotic look when they tune the hell out of it, the technology will shine even more.
Have you mentioned this to Ian?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

That may be where the disconnect comes in; don't know if the technology part of it matters much if it doesn't look like football. In the 2K5 movies in the OP, as stiff as the anims were everything still seems more fluid; more organic - more like a real game. I'd say the same with the Backbreaker vids, even though the technology behind that [seems to] dwarf what any sports games are doing at this point, whether it's 2K, 989, or EA. I don't think I saw more than 3-4 people involved in any of the Backbreaker vids. And even with that game's goofy player models, it still looks a lot better than anything I've seen to date with Pro-Tak (or 2K5/2K8). And I stress "to date" because we've seen very little of it so the jury's still out.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #19
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD

Take a look at Backbreaker, if this game plays well, EA will be forced to rebuild.

My .02
some of the people on this board.........

why would madden be forced to rebuild if backbreaker is good? They have the NFL License. They dont have to do anything. Nor will they.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think he means if Backbreaker is good and hurts the sales of Madden. Which is possible, but there are just too many little kids who are spoiled.

― Plato
Old 05-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21

As long as EA holds the exclusive license they'll never have to worry about anyone else being able to compete; any non-licensed title is automatically relegated to "niche title" status. Where they could be affected is perception though, if there's a drastic visual difference in how the games flow

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #22
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
As long as EA holds the exclusive license they'll never have to worry about anyone else being able to compete; any non-licensed title is automatically relegated to "niche title" status. Where they could be affected is perception though, if there's a drastic visual difference in how the games flow

Yes but, the video game media will offer up WITHERING criticism. EA want's to be perceived as the front runner in tech. That can't happen with a working Backbreaker on the market. EA will be forced to address the issue or face controversy.

Most of the community's complaints have not been mainstreamed. Backbreaker would make the complaints about mo-cap mainstream, and that's not something EA can tolerate. They get blasted once or twice in the media, or worse yet NFL players start to personally endorse Backbreaker, then EA will be painted into a corner.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #23
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44

why would madden be forced to rebuild if backbreaker is good? They have the NFL License. They dont have to do anything. Nor will they.

Some of the people on this board, golly golly tisk tisk........

If you don't know the answer to that then........
Old 05-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade44

So you're saying the only reason Madden sells is because of the NFL license? That's what I gather from that post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »