Home

Broadcasting.

This is a discussion on Broadcasting. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Broadcasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
How many smilies do you need before you realize it makes your post look dumb?
Why waste your time posting something like this. Your post is the silly one. Back on topic, EA need better commentary, the dull, monotone and poorly written play by play script results in announcing that is unrealistic, unemotional and mechanical in nature.

It sticks out like a sore thumb and is very noticeable as being artificial and script like. I hope they fix it.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #18
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6

I like the idea, but why not just let them sit in front of actual Madden games. No script or anything.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Conversation that carried on throughout multiple plays would add a lot to the "broadcast." Especially in blowouts when the game itself basically becomes a back drop.

Also, like many others have said, an extra broadcast crew or two would do wonders for this game. Right now, every game feels the same. We should have a B-Team for some games. It doesn't even have to be real commentators. It could be guys at the EA office doing the voice recordings for all I care.
Multiple teams would be awesome, but if it had to be guys from EA then please, please, PLEASE not the Thompson brothers. No two people have made me want to jam screwdrivers into my ears more than the Thompson brothers. I refuse to listen to EA Sports Live because of these guys and turned the draft day experience off for the same reason.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryJones
Multiple teams would be awesome, but if it had to be guys from EA then please, please, PLEASE not the Thompson brothers. No two people have made me want to jam screwdrivers into my ears more than the Thompson brothers. I refuse to listen to EA Sports Live because of these guys and turned the draft day experience off for the same reason.
AMEN

BTW, the commentary in 09 was really dry, but I would expect some juicier stuff in 10 since they actually spent a few days recording new material together this time.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Madden needs banter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 5

This thread has turned out great no negativity and some reall good insight. I just want the Devs (which I know are doing a heck of a job to fix the gameplay issues) t o look at there packge as more than just a game. It represents the authenticity us fans love about football. I want them to have the broadcasting that reflects that authenticity as well.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

I think more dynamic broadcasting would be great. But I'd be shocked if it gets addressed this year.

If I buy Madden 10, the announcers will be muted, because Collinsworth and Hammond are just AWFUL.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
I think more dynamic broadcasting would be great. But I'd be shocked if it gets addressed this year.

If I buy Madden 10, the announcers will be muted, because Collinsworth and Hammond are just AWFUL.
Hammonds i'll agree with you, he is prey awful. Yet Collingsworth is VERY knowledgeable and does a prrety good job. The problem is, it doesn't translate well in Madden. It comes off as scripted.

I'd also be surprised if this is addressed in Madden 10. The hope though, is that the Dev crew can notice the subpar broadcasting currently on display and put a serious effort into being realism to this aspect of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »