Home

Broadcasting.

This is a discussion on Broadcasting. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Broadcasting.

As well noted the presentation in Madden has been non-existent since, well forever. I’m not going to be speaking on how to add to the presentation (cut-scenes .etc) per say in this thread as Ian has (on multiple occasions) said we have yet to see the “new look”. That being said I do have a suggestion, or idea rather, that I feel can go a long way into adding a deep dimension into the game.

I am a die hard Falcons fan. I couldn’t help but notice that all of our games last year were afternoon games (due to our 4-12 record the previous season). One thing I noticed the most was the feel of the broadcasters. Usually us Falcons fans got paired with lower tier broadcasting teams. It was at this time that I began to notice an unusually “stale” or “non-exciting” style of broadcasting. Usually they would pronounce names wrong, or know very minimal background information concerning the actual teams playing. So it was common to here things like; “He looks deep” “Ryan throws” “Pass broken up by…” I don’t mean to drag this out, the reason why I bring this up is because this is how I felt when I played Madden NFL 09.

PERSONALITY BROADCASTING:
This seems odd, but when playing Madden the commentators sound as if they are in a recording booth just repeating lines. Is there anyway to have them sit in front of a recording of a real NFL football games (say Cardinals Steelers Super bowl and other memorable games .etc)? Have them analyze and broadcast that on the fly NO SCRIPTS and import that audio into Madden. You’ll notice an immediate difference in the excitement and personality it will add to the game.

Instead of this:
Commentator 1: “Ryan;” “Steps back to throw.” “Needs to get rid of it.” “Incomplete.”

Commentator 2: “Third and 4”

Notice the lack of emotion there?

You’ll hear things like this:
Commentator 2: “Ryan;” “dropping back, nice play fake…” “He’s got time, pockets still there!” “He’s Looking deep!! Buuut decides to dump it off to [insert player name]”

Commentator 1: “Yea and [insert player name]… he just couldn’t hold on to it.”

Commentator 2: “That will set the Falcons up with a third and four, from there own fourty and you’ve got to be thinking that the really want to come away with something on this drive.”

Commentator 1: “Well they just have to focus and [insert player name] just has to get his head in the game… he really should have held on to that ball”

*Let’s add variables*
If the Falcons have dropped multiple passes - THEN*
Commentator 2: “Not just [insert player name], this team as a whole needs to settle down and focus. They just aren’t executing and doing the little things…”

Commentator 1: *laughing* “like catching the ball?”

Commentator 2: “Yea… like catching the ball.”

If the opposing defense has deflected multiple passes - THEN*

Commentator 1: “Maybe I’m being critical but, Ryan just HAS to make better decisions when looking off defenders.”

Commentator 2: “To play devils advocate there, [Insert opposing team]’s defense has really keyed in on Atlanta’s passing attack.”

Commentator 1: “Yea it’ll be interesting to see if they decide to be more aggressive on the ground to counter some of the defenses advances.”

Though that may sound like a lot, why can this not happen on a consistent bases? I play MLB the Show and I notice they do little things like that… NFL 2K5 did a good job of “after the play” analysis and I’m sure they would have gotten A LOT better going forward.

I don’t know maybe I’m rambling but hey… I can dream…

Oh and one more thing…
MULTI-BROADCAST TEAMS!!!

Last edited by Jetpac; 05-12-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Broadcasting.

How many smilies do you need before you realize it makes your post look dumb?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
How many smilies do you need before you realize it makes your post look dumb?
Where exactly do you see a smile?? This was writtin in word then copied and paste into this browser. So if there are any errors its in the translation - thats why. Even at that, why are you trolling? If you have nothing to say on the topic. Keep it moving.

Last edited by Jetpac; 05-12-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
Where exactly do you see a smile?? This was writtin in word then copied and paste into this browser. So if there are any errors its in the translation. Even at that, why are you trolling? If you have nothing to say on the topic. Keep it moving.

24 smiles and 1 guy praying. did you look at your post? no disrespect, but it did look silly
Old 05-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Agree 200%

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Good post Jetpac. I would love some deeper commentary play by play, and also some other commentary in between plays, etc.

Would add more realism to the game.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
24 smiles and 1 guy praying. did you look at your post? no disrespect, but it did look silly
I opened it up in Firefox and saw it was like that. I just edited it out (hopefully) thanks for pointing that out! I have no IDEA why it did that.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
Where exactly do you see a smile?? This was writtin in word then copied and paste into this browser. So if there are any errors its in the translation - thats why. Even at that, why are you trolling? If you have nothing to say on the topic. Keep it moving.
It's called making it look presentable. I'd say it worked.

In any case, they have been doing it. From what I understand is that they sit them in front of the game and they have them go through it for presentation. I'd say that Tom has some work to do, but Cris makes the game fresh.

As for two teams, that just dilutes the quality even further. They need one solid team, not two to three mediocre broadcasting squads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »