Home

Broadcasting.

This is a discussion on Broadcasting. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Broadcasting.

Not sure if this was mentioned but this year Collinsworth and Hammond recorded some of their lines together so it should be a bit more natural.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Not sure if this was mentioned but this year Collinsworth and Hammond recorded some of their lines together so it should be a bit more natural.
That's the best news I've heard yet!

Go A-Rodge and the Pack!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
Would you say Buck and Troy Sundays and Madden and Micheal's Sunday nights dilutes the quality in real life? I think it keeps things fresh.

I know some people don't like Collinsworth, but I HATE Joe Buck.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
Thats awesome!

Simply put, I think Collinsworth was "ok" he could have REALLY been more live and indepth. I blame that part goes to whoever the voice director is. Hammond (sp?) Was awful. I feel like these guys KNOW its going into a game and therefore they record dialog as such and it translates as such.

What about triggers?!
Its really all about variables which I think Madden (in the Commentation department) doesn't have enough of.

EXAMPLE:

Let's say a player runs a 96 speed in the game (which translates to a 4.3) its the third quarter and he hasn't broken a run over 15 yards. The computer should automatically trigger between one ofthe two lines of commentary.

IF said players team has attempted to run the ball OVER 15+ times THEN

*Show that current players stats on the screen after the current play*

Commentator 1: "[insert player name] has been held in check for the most part this afternoon. You can see that [opposing teams defense] has really focused on keep him contained.

Commentator 2: "Well looking at those stats, its easy to tell this defense isn't going to let him lose with that 4.3 speed."

Commentator 1: "Reasonably so, all he needs is one crease and he can fly..."

Commentator 2: "All the more reason [opposing teams defense] will continue to keep him in check.

ELSE IF
said players team has attempted to run the ball UNDER 10 times then

*Show that current players stats on the screen after the current play*

Commentator 1: "I've got to say, knowing you have a player such as [insert players name], who has the ability to create such explosive plays. Why would you not get him MORE envolved?

Commentator 2: "Well, sometimes the defense plays a factor into what your able to do offensively. Yet this just isn't the case. They've simply just not given him the opportunities.
"

Commentator 1: "Tell me about it! What good is a 4.3 if the coaching staff won't unleash it."

Commentator 2: *laughing* "I'm sure [insert players name] would agree with you!"
Damn good suggestion Jetpac...damn good. I'd like to see something like this implemented as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

The announcers do stink hpe they get it together this year like they promised, maybe add, Screaming Gus Johnson, as the pxp, or Tirico and Jaworski or Nantz and Simms for next year's game. and a sideline reporter.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Damn good suggestion Jetpac...damn good. I'd like to see something like this implemented as well.

Thanks CB, I just believe it will add an incredible dimension to the game, as well as side line reporters also!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #39
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

The only problem I see with your suggestion jetpac, is that you don't usually hear players referred to by their 40 times...it'd be more realistic if, instead of mentioned 4.3 every line, they'd say "if you have a guy with that breakaway speed" or "a home run threat like that".....Chris Johnson is the only guy I can think of lately who has had his 40 time brought up...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
The only problem I see with your suggestion jetpac, is that you don't usually hear players referred to by their 40 times...it'd be more realistic if, instead of mentioned 4.3 every line, they'd say "if you have a guy with that breakaway speed" or "a home run threat like that".....Chris Johnson is the only guy I can think of lately who has had his 40 time brought up...
Yea I agree 100% Im not saying it perfect, but you get the gist right? Like if 99 = 4.2 95 = 4.3 90 = 4.4 Something along those lines.. And even what you said with just "Breakaway speed" that would do just fine...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »