Home

Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

This is a discussion on Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

I couldn't disagree more about online franchise being incomplete from the original post. Would I rather wait until 2011 and use LD for my league this year????? HELL NO!

Dynasty isn't complete, but at a minimum, it provides a place to have a great single season league, so yes, i am very happy it's their even without the salary cap and contracts.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #66
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I doubt we'll ever see a Madden that is "complete." Where the next year, we say "just update rosters, k thx."
Old 06-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #67
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39
I couldn't disagree more about online franchise being incomplete from the original post. Would I rather wait until 2011 and use LD for my league this year????? HELL NO!

Dynasty isn't complete, but at a minimum, it provides a place to have a great single season league, so yes, i am very happy it's their even without the salary cap and contracts.

You are missing my intent. Nowhere did I say I am not happy they added these thing. I am VERY happy with what has taken place with Madden this year, happier than i've been since Madden 06. But what I was getting at is as great as it is to have all these features is, reality is theres missing things from each of them that take away from the full potential and fun factor, that I know for fact will be completed for Madden 2011, and that is why I am already looking forward to that.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #68
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Refs (don't throw penalty flags) {Who cares}

Acc Clock (no option to run under 2 mins) {Again who cares}

Online Franchise (numerous things missing) {Totally agree hopefully this server thing will actually be used to fix these issues}

Adaptive AI (on defense but not offense) {I don't think that's entirely true}

Online co-op (but only against the cpu) {Online Co-OP is over-rated. I promise this feature will not be as cool as it seems. When was the last time you and a friend actually played on the same team? I used to have the 4 man hook up for Madden on PS2- lasted about a day

Extra Point (wrap ups but no highlights) {I guess I can agree here too, but I swear people ask for this just because it was in 2K5, how many really care to watch a highlight show?}
Way more care to watch the highlight show than you obviously think.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 12

So let me see if I get this straight; There is an accelerated clock but it does not function during either of the 2 minute warnings?

*Actual time may vary.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
IMHO Madden is always a work in progress. You can call these 'incomplete' if you like but as a team we have to make the call to either build for the future or cram stuff in that people haven't asked for. To me, Madden 10 is still the deepest feature set and most fun version we have ever made. If your focus is only on what's missing, that's really an endless argument as no game in history has everything right? Do people complain that you can't fly the chopper in COD? Expectations are so different for every person but at some level it would be nice if folks realized that we aren't shipping an 'incomplete' game...we are shipping a game that will ALWAYS be improved upon.

Would you prefer no refs or refs that don't throw flags?
No recap show or a recap show that can be built on?
No co-op or 2 player co-op?
No online franchise or a server-based online franchise that can be updated?

I'm not really posing these questions to you guys...these are the decisions we had to make.
no online chise for me please...
Old 06-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #71
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Couldn't agree more about the online Co-op. WTF? Me and my buddy were all pumped that we could finally get some 2v2 action going again, only to be disappointed in these findings. We used to play 2k football co op all the time online and it was tons of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #72
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Adaptive AI works on both offense and defense.
Being that this feature is huge to me...this is very good to hear.

If the adaptive AI is realistically tuned, this should have a major impact on the game. Of all the added features for Madden '10', this one is tops for me. Imo...adaptive AI is an absolute must for a simulation game. Thankfully it made it in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »