Home

Online Franchise Sliders?

This is a discussion on Online Franchise Sliders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Online Franchise Sliders?

I have brought this up here before and there doesn't seem to be much concern over this in the OS community for some reason. Has anyone confirmed yet whether there will be sliders in Online Franchise for the commish to control? The lack of sliders could be an even bigger deal breaker than no salary cap/contracts etc. See the following quote from Donny Moore, suggests to me this may be missing:

"The commissioner is integral to the success of your online franchise. Just like in Online Dynasties, if you have a commish that forgets to advance the week or doesn't control his owners, the league might fail. To accomplish this, we give the commissioner several different options:
- Boot Player - The commish can boot any unruly owner at any time. Any CPU team can be replaced by a user team (or vice versa) at any time.
- Promote Player - The commish can promote any other owner in the league to commissioner in the event where the commish goes out of town or is unavailable.
- Settings changes: Skill Level, Quarter Length, Fatigue, Injuries, and Accelerated Clock.
- Post News - The commish can post news to the console so all owners can see what is going on around the league.
- Add/Drop - As explained above, the commish can manipulate rosters to more realistically create off-season player movement."

Not a word about sliders/AI (skill level is different). Can anyone confirm whether they know something I don't? Again, I see this as a critical feature that could really devalue online franchise by its absence...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Online Franchise Sliders?

You'll never get an answer to these questions probably because it will be bad news. Thread will get moved and die out like the other ones.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I think sliders are tied to skill level like last year. They are in the same menu I think.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...0Customization
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

there are no sliders in online franchise

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15
In NCAA last year they were in so I don't see any reason they would be out. I'm on a blackberry so mauybe thw link above says no sliders in online chises. I know you cannot set sliders in online games but I'm pretty sure they are in. Never really wondered though.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
there are no sliders in online franchise
Speculation, or do you know for a fact?

I would guess they won't be there (comparing to NCAA OD is moot because NCAA 09 had a more powerful OD than OF will be for Madden this year anyhow, based on what we know to be missing from OF). But I'm just wondering why/how you are so certain.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm sure they are in, really sure.

That being said the NCAA dynasty is much easier to build. Sure you have recruits but in the NFL you have the cap, FA, contracts, drafting (similar to recruiting). Basically in NCAA OD you have recruiting and that is essentially it, that and players leaving. IMHO a lot more is built with Madden, hence why it is not complete.

I'm not worried about sliders, they will be in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »