Home

Game speed now set to slow for all online modes

This is a discussion on Game speed now set to slow for all online modes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Game speed now set to slow for all online modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Because the game already shipped with "Slow" as default. The "out of the box" experience is already defined, and it's simply too late to change that decision.
Again, your point is countered by the argument that "The game already shipped with "Normal" as the default speed for Online. The "out of the box" experience is already defined, and it's simply too late to change that decision."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 8

Well. I think most people want it at normal. Whats the point of having a normal setting if you are going to run it at slow?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 10

this totally pisses me off!! i HATE that slow mo speed. i had the 1 min demo and loved it. i hated the gamestop demo so much that even tho i preordered after the 1min demo came out, i didnt even want the code cuz i didnt like the speed of it when i played it at my friends house.

why cant ea just F'n GIVE US CHOICE!!! is it that hard to give us option on unranked and OFranch. give us 2 sets of each ranked lobby ie "EAST 5 normal" and "EAST 5 slow".this is moronic way of thinking. EA is alienating one group for the next. its dumb and bad practice when u can give everyone a choice and please everyone. and i def remember Ian and Phil saying "this is the year of customization and its ur game, you play ur game the way u wanna play it". "unprecedented control" blah blah blah! oh yea not to mention how from the jump Ian said the online speed would be set to normal months ago.

jeez...as soon as i start liking it...freaking ******** EA bs at its finest

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 08-21-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #68
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Again, your point is countered by the argument that "The game already shipped with "Normal" as the default speed for Online. The "out of the box" experience is already defined, and it's simply too late to change that decision."
Well then, they shouldn't ever patch anything.

Point is:

Average Joe Buyer gets home, cracks the wrapper, uses "Play Now". Gets used to new game speed, maybe plays against his buddies (in the same room), generally gets used to "slow". Now he heads online ... shouldn't it be the same?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 55

WOW! Much appreciated! Thank you EA!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 08-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:

Point is:

Average Joe Buyer gets home, cracks the wrapper, uses "Play Now". Gets used to new game speed, maybe plays against his buddies (in the same room), generally gets used to "slow". Now he heads online ... shouldn't it be the same?
not when they said from the get go that online would be set to normal months ago. its just like a FPS or TPS where the single player has things that dont make it into the online portion. like a cover system in Graw2 that isnt in online. Same thing with killzone 2. cover system is removed. do you go and cry about it to the devs cuz ur use to using cover? no u have to play some unranked games to get your feet wet and then move on after u get the hang of the online part of the game.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #71
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Point is:

This.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #72
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

THANK YOU EA i love it
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »