Home

Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form)

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #57
nvn
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form)

Like everything else some people will hate the hand crafted draft classes and some people will like them.
Being someone who really enjoyed head coach I appreciate the hand crafted draft classes. It is cool to help generate some rookie buzz for players. Hopefully in the future they would go down the head coach root of having draft updates throughout the season that tell you about specific players and college games. It really gives you a feeling of knowing the players and adds a lot to the draft experience overall and the only way you can do that sort of thing is with hand crafted drafts.
I don't know of the practicalities of doing it but wouldn't it be better to give people the option of random or hand crafted rookies when they start franchise. That would keep everyone happy.
Good work on the original post, must have been heaps of work. Although I am not going to use it, much... it is interesting to look through and see who from Head Coach's future 50 isn't there.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form)

Nice list. It's good to have a quick guide where I can look back at the drafts that I've already done to see who I missed out on. It's not excessively useful for draft prep, either. Most of the prospects who turn out to be A potential guys are the first guys listed at their position. It's usually the 2nd-5th best players at each pos. who have a high risk of sucking. So in that regard you won't have much of an advantage over anyone who has observed enough, without cheating, to know this.

Days ago before I knew about this spreadsheet, I got three A potential guys - Matt Fiachi, Darion Diggs and Junior Chavez - in my first draft (draft class #11 for the purposes of this thread). Point is you're going to uncover the great prospects through scouting if you do it right anyway. So again, not using this list does not put you at a severe disadvantage versus the people who do use it.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #59
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
I just think they should have randomized names and colleges.
That would work best, I think. You'd still get the quality classes that only seem possible if they're premade, but it'd be much harder to pick out which class you had. I like it.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Completely unrealistic, and basically cheating...but good for you.
he's talking about drafting an A potential in the late rounds and locking him to a 7yr deal so you don't have to pay him as much in the future.

that isn't cheating at all. you don't think teams want to lock up a guy they really like, if he's like a 2-7 rounder. they want to lock him up at a low salary as long as they can. the only thing is that in madden he might not get mad. wait, i remember on older maddens, players sometimes would hold out, in the re-sign screen. do they still do that? if so hows it work, and what happens if you don't re-sign them?

******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">

Last edited by bigal093; 08-23-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Random note, I passed on Kristian Ladyman because of his last name, and Torrian Hill because I'm biased against SJSU being a San Jose resident myself.

Turns out they're the future of the NFL. D'oh!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #62
Rookie

South318's Arena

OVR: 7

Am I the only person who's going to transfer Draft Classes from NCAA 10? Or does the casual Madden player not do this/not own NCAA 10?

Old 08-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #63
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by South318
Am I the only person who's going to transfer Draft Classes from NCAA 10? Or does the casual Madden player not do this/not own NCAA 10?
Nope. I am still tinkering with draft classes. I already have solved the RB problem and am now working on QB's right now. Noel Devine came in at 94 speed, Best at 90, etc. I was very happy at how my RB's fared in the draft that I simmed.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
I was working on a similar list, you beat me to it, I was only half way done. Good work, this will save me the time.
Were u doing anything differently than mine?
Any suggestions or improvements?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »